Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Noooo David don't do it! I'm so annoyed with that scumbag Nathan!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like
    Carl will fall into bed with Eve

Emmerdale actor Andy Devine, who plays Shadrach Dingle in the soap, is reportedly devastated after learning that his character is to be killed off.

The actor, 67, had asked to go into semi-retirement after struggling to cope with the filming schedule, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

It is claimed that he was initially told he would be allowed to film scenes when it suited him, and return for major storylines involving the Dingles. However, he was later told that his character would be killed off.

A friend of the actor said: "Andy thought he would be able to come back every now and then, so to find out that Shadrach will leave Emmerdale in a body bag was a big disappointment."

An Emmerdale spokeswoman added: "Shadrach will be leaving the village on his birthday but how he goes remains to be seen. However, it’s not one to be missed."

Devine has been in the ITV1 soap for 12 years.

Emmerdale actress Alice Coulthard has announced that she is quitting the soap to pursue new projects.

The 26-year-old, who plays Maisie Wylde on the Yorkshire-based drama, will reportedly concentrate on finding work in her home city of London after she films her final scenes.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Coulthard explained: "After two amazing years, I've decided to leave Emmerdale. I've had a wonderful time and will miss working with such a hard-working and talented team of people.

"I feel privileged to have been involved in some of the show's most gripping storylines and I'm excited to be a part of the drama that is about to unfold for the Wyldes."

Firm details of how Maisie will bow out are currently being kept under wraps by Emmerdale bosses.

However, the soap's series producer Gavin Blyth teased: "Maisie Wylde's compelling story will take more twists and turns in the coming months as she delves into darker territory which will culminate in her exit from the show. Alice has been a real asset to Emmerdale and we'll be sad to see her go."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Thats a pity; I enjoy the character of Maisie; particularly her relationship with Nikhil.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmerdale actress Alice Coulthard has announced that she is quitting the soap to pursue new projects.

The 26-year-old, who plays Maisie Wylde on the Yorkshire-based drama, will reportedly concentrate on finding work in her home city of London after she films her final scenes.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Coulthard explained: "After two amazing years, I've decided to leave Emmerdale. I've had a wonderful time and will miss working with such a hard-working and talented team of people.

"I feel privileged to have been involved in some of the show's most gripping storylines and I'm excited to be a part of the drama that is about to unfold for the Wyldes."

Firm details of how Maisie will bow out are currently being kept under wraps by Emmerdale bosses.

However, the soap's series producer Gavin Blyth teased: "Maisie Wylde's compelling story will take more twists and turns in the coming months as she delves into darker territory which will culminate in her exit from the show. Alice has been a real asset to Emmerdale and we'll be sad to see her go."

Whats the betting that her exit will revolve around her finding out what happened her father.

Maisie Wylde has a huge row with boyfriend Nikhil Sharma but doesn’t realise he’s been keeping a huge secret from her.

The gorgeous blonde, who for weeks has been trying to get the factory boss into bed, decides they are taking things too slowly.

She tells her pal Adele Allfrey about their non-existent sex life but the busty factory girl can’t help but gossip to her workmates.

And when he hears them talking Nikhil explodes and storms off to tell Maisie to keep her mouth shut.

An insider said: “There’s something big he’s kept from Maisie. He confesses to his brother and he tells him that if he wants to keep Maisie he’s going to have to come clean.

“Viewers will be pretty shocked when they find out what it is.”

So what is it, he is a virgin, was he an abuse victim or had he a sex change maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Maisie Wylde has a huge row with boyfriend Nikhil Sharma but doesn’t realise he’s been keeping a huge secret from her
    So what is it

I imagine he's not going to be another of Marks children from another life again.

Jake Roche, the 17-year-old son of Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie, has been signed to a regular role in Emmerdale.

Roche will play Isaac, a college student who starts dating timid teenager Hannah Barton (Grace Cassidy).

The actor said: "I am thrilled to be part of such a great team. Everyone has made me feel so welcome. After watching Emmerdale for years on TV, I still have to pinch myself on set as it’s all very surreal. My family have been very supportive as always and we all can’t wait to see my first episode."

Emmerdale producer Gavin Blyth said: "Jake is a great addition to the cast. Isaac will be a fun character who will offer some light relief for Hannah as her family face their darkest hour."

Roche will arrive on screen as Isaac in August and has signed a contract with Emmerdale for the next few months.

Could they bring in Coleen as well.

• Advertisement

Series producer Gavin Blyth has revealed details of an upcoming storyline between two of Emmerdale's much-loved characters.

Paddy Kirk and Marlon Dingle, who are played by Dominic Brunt and Mark Charnock, will both battle for the heart of resident vet Rhona Goskirk (Zoe Henry).

Blyth told This Morning: "Paddy is going to find love this year, but the only problem is he's in love with his best friend.

"The real love of his life is Marlon who's in love with Rhona. Three into two doesn't go. People will fall in love with the wrong people at the wrong time."

He added of the plot: "It's tragic but very funny and very heart-warming, and one thing it won't do is spoil that rather fantastic friendship."

:eek:

Is Charlie really sick and dying or is he conning Diane out of her money as she sells the pub?

Is Charlie really sick and dying or is he conning Diane out of her money as she sells the pub?

I am suspicious too! It doesn't feel right....

Emmerdale character Holly Barton (Sophie Powles) may die in an upcoming storyline, according to one of the show's actors.

According to What's On TV, Adam Thomas - who plays Holly's on-screen brother Adam in the serial - admitted that his alter ego's cover-up of her drug addiction could spell the end for the rebellious teenager.

He explained: "He's trying to keep the peace but it will get to a point where the only option he has will be to tell them. Holly's problem is getting serious and there's no way he'll be able to cope with it on his own."

"He's having to lie to his mum [Moira, played by Natalie Robb] and dad [John, portrayed by James Thornton] which he hates. It's horrible for Adam but good for me.

"I'm enjoying being part of this storyline and getting my teeth into something. And it's going to get a whole lot worse before it starts getting better."

Last week on the soap, Adam's best friend Aaron Livesy covered up Holly's secret and let her stay at Paddy Kirk's house after she overdosed on cocaine.

Rumoured Spoiler
    Nathan digs up his dad's body and frames Ryan for the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I KNEW he was going to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

For gods sake!!!

Would say a conman if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh god the whole Nathan and Natasha thing is driving me mad. Are we really supposed to believe that they can frame someone else for the murder - hello??? It's 2010 - there's a thing called DNA these days. Natasha buried the body so her DNA will be all over the "shallow grave" and the body. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I heard that Sam finds the body of Mark this week and Nathan is arrested.. Although I have a suspicion that Natasha will tell the family and hand herself in to the police

Jimmy and Nicola take over the pub now that should be fun to watch I love them together

Ryan is arrested and charged Mark's murder and Natasha realises that Nathan set Ryan up for the murder and not Faye

• Advertisement

how stupid is Diane? :(

Alicat wrote: »

She wont be gone long, something tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Alicat wrote: »
    i feel so sorry for her, who,s house did he show her in france then,? doug is right all along:(

Shadrach dies tonight
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I thought that was so said how Shadrach died and Marlon finding him lilke that.........such a said story.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I thought that was so said how Shadrach died and Marlon finding him lilke that.........such a said story.
    now the family will be crying over poor shadders, marlon will tell them where to go, yes it was so sad, i cry,d when ia saw marlon crying.

cats.life wrote: »
    now the family will be crying over poor shadders, marlon will tell them where to go, yes it was so sad, i cry,d when ia saw marlon crying.

Sometimes you have to wonder is Marlon a Dingle at all. He is about the only one of them with a heart, and feels things. Ok maybe Sam as well.

Emmerdale star Amanda Donohoe is to leave the soap after nearly two years in the role of Natasha Wylde, DS can confirm.

The actress will film her final scenes for the ITV1 show later this year as her character's dark storyline, involving the death of husband Mark, reaches its climax.

Earlier this year, fans saw Natasha shoot Mark dead and bury him in the woods after the businessman's many secrets and lies were exposed, tearing his family apart. The plotline takes a new twist in next week's episodes when Mark's body is found.

Speaking of her forthcoming departure, Donohoe commented: "My initial contract with Emmerdale was only for a year so the fact I've stayed for two years is testimony to the show's fantastic cast, crew and producers - Gavin Blyth and Steve November."

A spokesperson for the programme added: "We can confirm Amanda Donohoe will be leaving Emmerdale at the end of her current contract. Natasha's story has been central to the drama of the show and her departure gives us scope for an explosive climax as the story takes its final twists and turns."

Meanwhile, a show source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Amanda has had a brilliant time at Emmerdale but decided that the time was right to leave. She told them a few weeks back and they've been working out the best exit for Natasha."

As previously announced, Donohoe's screen daughter Alice Coulthard (Maisie) is also bowing out of the soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

A media watchdog has branded Emmerdale inappropriate after showing an offensive shopping list on an episode of the ITV soap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Poor old Betty didnt look well tonight...has she been ill...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement