Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's he waiting for???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm not needy or desperate.
    That's debatable.
    I've my pick of about 3 other guys at the minute.
    You keep saying this but it doesn't really have any relevance to this guy.
    And ime they usualy text pretty much the following morning if I've met them out.
    And you don't find this a little needy? Any girl I know would run a MILE if a guy texted them the next day.

Just get his number and text him ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

Sorry but the longer this thread goes on, the more I get the feeling that the OP might have found a match in silly games.

You are a player OP and you are about to get onto the receiving end of the charades you have been juggling yourself for quite some time apparently. And now you come running here asking for advice, at the first sight of possibly being played in return... that's slightly ironic.

What would you expect the guys chasing you to do? Decide if you are willing to do the same. ;)

Terodil, I've been completely up-front with the other men in my life. The know where they stand. In-fact one was in the club & saw me kissing this guy. I don't play games, deciding whether or not you want to text so soon and come on too strong is a simple form of self preservation that everyone uses.

FYI he just called, issue resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zxcvbnm1

I don't play games,

Ok - it's all academic at this stage now because he has called.

However -I have to disagree with you not playing games.

Biottom line is you got on very well and snogged a guy and then when you and your friends were invited back to his house for a few drinks (by his friend might i add) you declined on purpose so as to 'play it cool'

I agree with you that coming on too strong too quick can work against someone at times so there needs to be a balance struck.

I would definitely call what you did as game playing howevr.
    Sayng that it's hardly the biggest crime in the world in that we have all probably done something similar at some satge.

For the record - from a guys viewpoint if i was in his shoes I would have been forced to seriously consider the possibility that you were not interested at all in that scenario - at a guess that was probably his re;uctance to call sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I've tought about it. I don't want to come on too strong. I mean he has mine and if he wants to get in touch he will.

I'm just trying figure out what's going through his head. He's been sitting on it since yesterday. Is it possible he's gone off the idea already or could he be like me and not want to seem to eager??

Dont think just do!!!! Send him a txt

• Advertisement

Yea, its these sort of games that make some relationships never get off the ground. When I first met my girlfriend she was one of these girls who wasnt short of male attention. Anyway on a night out I eventually told her that I really liked and if she would be interested in going on a date sometime or whatever etc and she just sort of passed it off so I assumed from this she wasnt interested.....turns out she was mad about me but for about 2 months she was "playing it cool" as she put it but I just assumed she had no interest and it didnt help when she had every second guy coming onto her. I wasnt going to compete and eventually she said to me one night why I had not made a move yet......women eh!!!! So I "played it cool" and made her ask me out! Thank God it worked.

Why play games, if your interested get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

I think this is new territory to the OP - having to wait for a text/call. By the sounds of it, when other guys have her number and call, she's not that bothered. The difference is that she liked this guy so having to wait was torture.

I think it's always best to let the guy do the chasing - men can smell desperation at a thousand paces.

Good luck OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Typical Irish begrudgery, god forbid anyone would have a bit of confidence. I am attractive and not afraid to say it. I work hard enough at staying in shape.

I never once said I could get any guy, I said I had 3 chasing me at the minute, sorry to tell you but there is more than 3 men in the country. Touch of jealousy perhaps.

dunno if this is aimed at me.
    not much jealousy, i'd be a bit scared if 3 guys were chasing me lol :)
    having confidence is good, not denying it, but this below, "my pick", kinda seemed a bit arrogant really tbh.
    I'm not needy or desperate. I've my pick of about 3 other guys at the minute.

anyway OP in my first post i said not to worry about it, that he wouldnt ask for your number if he wasnt going to text you.

evidently i was right lol.

hope it works out for you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Suppose it doesn't really matter now but sure might as well clarify myself anyway.

I read all of your post and replies. You were contradictory and you were playing games. Guys are simple creatures you have to be blunt with us. Don't play it cool, don't expect us to unravel any kind of message.
    Anyhow X's friend knows my friend who I was staying with that night. His friend send a text after the club saying that X was having a few people back and would love us to come. Now it was late and I was trying to play it cool so didn't want to be showing up, so we politely decined the invite.

Thats playing games, as getting phone numbers through friends when you could have easily given it to him yourself. He might not pick up from a snog and some conversation that you were seriously into him. Giving him your number directly is usually a fairly obvious signal.
    Kevmy read the rest of the thread will you, looks like you didn't even read my initial post!!

I obviously am interested. I'm not pretending I'm not interested at all, just not don't want to come off as desperate as the other poster put it.

I didn't give him my number, he got it off a friend and I don't have his.

I wouldn't call sending him a text desperate especially when you expect him to text you. Double standards.

Yes he has your number but you said ..
    OP Again, maybe I should, might wait until tomorrow and then get in touch if he hasn't by then. I'm sure I could get his number easily enough.

What would I even say? Hi??

Maybe you are blessed with good looks and find it easier to meet people but generally this is not a good rule
    OP here, in my experience it's always best to play it cool. Men just get bored if they think it's been to easy.
    If you really like someone you should make a move. And btw there is a difference between making a simple move (like sending a text/calling him when you would expect him to do the same) and being desperate or easy which mean something complete different in my mind.

op get the number and quit the procrastinating.
    You'll either be with him or not.
    Games are for kids-you're an adult.

This game playing is like a disease-we're giving you an inoculation take it!

Do post back with the update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

op get the number and quit the procrastinating.
    You'll either be with him or not.
    Games are for kids-you're an adult.

This game playing is like a disease-we're giving you an inoculation take it!

Do post back with the update.

She did.

OP Here,

Update, he called & we're going out tonight... all worked out fine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Alls well that ends well. Closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement