Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden fruits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Affable wrote: »
    Maybe I'm taking individual experiences and being too hard on myself.

I think you are, tbh. Everyone feels like they can't get the kind of person they want at times. You're overthinking it to the point of absurdity.

There has to be some level of self-acceptance before you can let yourself be happy, as well. You need to stop thinking there's something "wrong" with you, basically.

Affable wrote: »
    Anyway, are there many women like Caroline left in Ireland hehe?!

I have no idea :D Still haven't managed to figure out your "type" at all, lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

shellyboo wrote: »

I have no idea :D Still haven't managed to figure out your "type" at all, lol :)

I haven't either. I've only had about two crushes. Even they weren't even crushes of a very intesen nature like some teenagers. One was her and one was Angela Griffin. I know it's werid to go back to crushes but they are my best reference as where I'm living I haven't been exposedt to much different to what I know and met anyone that I fancied too much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ok a bit sideways in trying to see what you want... OK my take.

Numero uno, you think too much on this and yes that's an issue, if you don't do enough. Thinkin's deadly. Do it all the time myself. It's worth stopping for a bit and feel and do with equal vigour. Balance and such.

Secondly I'm just getting the vibe that you're looking for a woman who will bring you out of your shell emotionally, sexually and intellectually and "mature" you for want of a better word.. So you're looking for the opposite of what you think yourself to be, as a way to get that. Yea it may work, but that stuff comes from within as much as without. Yes someone can suggest a path and support you on that path, but you have to walk that path too. That's a lotta bloody paths:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement