Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Too fat to work" Family claim benefits are not enough.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

efla wrote: »
    What is IBTL and why do people post it?

In Before The Lock

It is used the odd time when we want to post a funny comment in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Saibh wrote: »
    In Before The Lock

It is used the odd time when we want to post a funny comment in AH

Is it for threads you know will be locked, or when you want to post something you know will get it locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

efla wrote: »
    Is it for threads you know will be locked, or when you want to post something you know will get it locked?

Used when a poster thinks a thread might be locked

It was used in this thread as there was already a thread on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

the title should be ''too lazy to work'' ............end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

From the Telegraph article:

"We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."
    Stop eating and lift yourself off your sofa :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm amused by their victim-thinking, and how they refer to "healthy food" as something quite alien to them. Compared to luxuries as microwave pies, fruit and vegetables are relatively inexpensive. While writing them off completely is unfortunate, you can't excuse their ignorance and consequentially their health will continue to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

"I'm a student and don't have time to exercise"

Is she taking the p!ss??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

I don't mean to sound harsh but they can all **** off and die

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

They should only allow them a certain amount of food per week so they don't squander the whole 22,000 on food. That'll learn the fat ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

as a smart man once said.............................PUT DOWN THE DAMN FORK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I bet they wear pyjamas all day !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Before I saw the article I was expecting people who were housebound and were incapable of working. Possibly having a home nurse or career too.

Seriously, they're not that large.
    It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

Would a hunger strike get them more media attention! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I bet they wear pyjamas all day !

Mainly moomoo's i would think, in the style of Homer Simpson:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

If she admits she is too fat to work then why are they giving one of the daughters a jobseekers allowance, she obviously has no intention of seeking a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Easy enough. Tesco and such usually sell microwave dinners e.g sweet & sour with egg fried rice. They are like 3 euro and full of crap. Now if they are to try make a similar dish that was healthy the ingrediants would cost more then the mass produced meal.

Now this isn't an excuse for them, it's just an observation on supermarkets. Lidl being an exemption due to fresh and cheap veg. Maybe we need to look at how we tax food products and try tip the scale in favour of healthy options.

The newest research shows it is not actually the price difference that makes people buy junk over healthy food but the perception that healthier food is dearer.

A bowel of porridge and an apple would be much cheaper than the bacon et al they have normally for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I no people that are biger then them and they work im sure if they didnt work they would be alot biger

Get out and work and you will end up loseing some of the weight

Next thing you no skinny people will be saying im to skinny to work tall short etc etc

Advertisement