Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psych Ward

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Elmo wrote: »
    I am sorry Mikom but Frank is right.

Frank has left the building.
    Surprising that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mikom wrote: »
    Surprising that.

Mikom I just want to point out 2 things to begin with.

1. I am not Frank
    2. I have nothing to do with any of the productions that entered into Storyland.

Let me restate: -

Over the last number of years RTÉ have invested into a huge amount of Drama and often that drama is let down by lack of development.

If you had bothered to read my last post you would have seen that I mention that even Psych Ward will end up with problems if it is not develop correctly. A good script is half the battle. I am sure all of the entries are well worth developing but they will need script writters, script editors, re-writes, edits and all of the other processes that happens when you write a script. In particular RTÉ have let shows down by letting the go on air with out any further development or nurturing. e.g. Twenty Something, Katherine Lynch, This is Nightlive etc.

Now perhaps your next reply would continue with a discussion rather then snappy sarcastic remarks which don't state your view point and don't try to contradict what we are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote:
    Surprising that.

Elmo wrote: »
    Mikom I just want to point out 2 things to begin with.

1. I am not Frank
    2. I have nothing to do with any of the productions that entered into Storyland.

Let me restate: -

Over the last number of years RTÉ have invested into a huge amount of Drama and often that drama is let down by lack of development.

If you had bothered to read my last post you would have seen that I mention that even Psych Ward will end up with problems if it is not develop correctly. A good script is half the battle. I am sure all of the entries are well worth developing but they will need script writters, script editors, re-writes, edits and all of the other processes that happens when you write a script. In particular RTÉ have let shows down by letting the go on air with out any further development or nurturing. e.g. Twenty Something, Katherine Lynch, This is Nightlive etc.

Now perhaps your next reply would continue with a discussion rather then snappy sarcastic remarks which don't state your view point and don't try to contradict what we are saying.

I was simply pointing out the fact that Frank Spoon got banned and his post was removed.
    Take it handy Elmo, or else we all may end up in the title of this thread.

Why? I didn't see anything wrong with it????? Strange.
    I was simply pointing out the fact that Frank Spoon got banned and his post was removed.
    Take it handy Elmo, or else we all may end up in the title of this thread.

Sorry, Mikom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

RTE dont do training....

The BBC have a load of training corses and even there comidy is put on radio before tv... ( most of the time)
    I think i heard one of the lads on one of the culchie radio stations when i was down west the last day.. so its a step to develop scripts as its alot harder to do comidy over the radio...

Elmo: http://www.youtube.com/user/hardybucks thats there you tube page... if ya want to watch.. :P

ill finally get to watch them all tomorrow... ive no sound in work :(

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »
    RTE dont do training....

The BBC have a load of training corses and even there comidy is put on radio before tv... ( most of the time)
    I think i heard one of the lads on one of the culchie radio stations when i was down west the last day.. so its a step to develop scripts as its alot harder to do comidy over the radio...

Elmo: http://www.youtube.com/user/hardybucks thats there you tube page... if ya want to watch.. :P

ill finally get to watch them all tomorrow... ive no sound in work :(

I didn't mention training. No the word was development. RTÉ if they don't provide development money for scripts should start, there are several stages to writing a script and developing a script.

Thanks for the link I will take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

finally got down and watched them all last night...

jenny was a friend of mine - it was the only one which i got board with very quick... its not like tv i have 1000s of other things to distract me on the internet.. needs to be alot better if they get through...

Happy slapper- it was ok... interesting plot... ( same crowd who did the jenny one so simaler story)

pub world- ****e... no story only good effects... no chance of getting into the next round...

hardy bucks... ^^^ read my other posts...

chez spuds- just by looking at it you know its by real profesionals... story is a bit weird... but it looks good... ( i thought this comp was for new comers to get a foot on the ladder??? )

psych ward- to me it looks like a add to what Irish doctors have to put up with.. story is only ok need to increase there production value...

This Is Not A Conspiracy - even ****er than pub world.. it cost 8 grand to make that!!! they should hang there heads in shame...

Rental Boys - could be good... it needs a lot more jokes... ( ya know it was a student film group with there tracks around the cars and at the beginning ya can see the shadow of the camera man... lazy crew!!!

Running Low - blew the money on a real actor... & a xbox.. good idea.. again you can see the professionals touch... i would rather vote for a new comer than a person who is just doing it to pass there weeks of not on a big black buster set...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lukem

Hey there,
    just to let you know that Episode 4 of Psych Ward is online now at www.rte.ie/storyland, hope you enjoy it and if you do, please vote for us.

Cheers

Luke

Advertisement