Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifelines hangover "cure"!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

advil & alka seltzet FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Talking bout hangovers anyone here get an episode of sweat just pumping out of you for bout 20 minutes with dizziness :eek:

Thought i was a goner ,thats me on the wagon for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Talking bout hangovers anyone here get an episode of sweat just pumping out of you for bout 20 minutes with dizziness :eek:

Thought i was a goner ,thats me on the wagon for a while
    *kicks over wagon*
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I hear 'moderation' works even better.

Pfffft....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Zillah wrote: »
    I find that drinking a shitload of water during the night/before I go to bed tends to prevent hangovers almost entirely no matter how much I drink. Any sort of cure that you take the next day is too little too late, and entirely unnecessary. I've tried the lifeline thing and I didn't get a hangover but I also drank plenty of water so...

2litres of water minimum before bed and you're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

They do work for me. My hangovers have been getting worse and worse as I've gotten older. I really really suffer, from not even being able to keep water down, trembling, splitting headache..everything. I've felt so bad sometimes that it took 'til 11pm before I could keep anything down at all. I was at the stage where if I'd only had a few drinks I'd feel unwell the next day. When I discovered Lifeline I was at the verge of giving it up altogether.
    Now, when I go out, I have two capsules an hour after my first drink, then if i'm still drinking seven drinks later, I take another two. I drink the odd pint of water too. I don't want to sound gross, once I go the the toilet the next morning (a no. 2), I feel a whole lot better.The charcoal absorbs the toxins and you pass it out of your body, the sooner I go the quicker I feel right.
    I'd also recommend 4head-those little menthol things you rub on your forehead for headaches. Brilliant for hangover headaches, especially if your stomach's too shaky for tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Ann22 wrote: »
    They do work for me. My hangovers have been getting worse and worse as I've gotten older. I really really suffer, from not even being able to keep water down, trembling, splitting headache..everything. I've felt so bad sometimes that it took 'til 11pm before I could keep anything down at all. I was at the stage where if I'd only had a few drinks I'd feel unwell the next day. When I discovered Lifeline I was at the verge of giving it up altogether.
    Now, when I go out, I have two capsules an hour after my first drink, then if i'm still drinking seven drinks later, I take another two. I drink the odd pint of water too. I don't want to sound gross, once I go the the toilet the next morning (a no. 2), I feel a whole lot better.The charcoal absorbs the toxins and you pass it out of your body, the sooner I go the quicker I feel right.
    I'd also recommend 4head-those little menthol things you rub on your forehead for headaches. Brilliant for hangover headaches, especially if your stomach's too shaky for tablets.
    Sounds like you're doing an ad for them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

A berocca or rubex or similiar tablet in a pint of water before you go to bed, works a treat for me, it's not like you jump out of bed full the joys but it's a lot better than nothing

hunter164 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're doing an ad for them. :pac:
    That's just my experience, I still have to limit the amount I drink and make sure i drink lots of water too, but if i forget to bring them out with me i know I'll be guaranteed a hangover. Two of my friends took them once and felt worse the next day than they usually did so maybe they don't suit everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Lol.

Activated Charcoal binds to alcohol and prevents absorption. If Lifeline lessens your hangover it's because they made you get less drunk....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Assuming you're too drunk to remember to drink water before passing out, the best solution we've found so far is to get your buddy to hook you up with an IV with a saline drip. Hangover's completely gone in about ten minutes. Not sure about the availability of such in an Irish chemist's, though.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

There's a class cure at 28 seconds into this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv98stfpVk8#t=0m28s

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Lol.

Activated Charcoal binds to alcohol and prevents absorption. If Lifeline lessens your hangover it's because they made you get less drunk....
    Feck maybe you're right, I thought it binded to toxins of some sort. The last night out I had with a mad friend, vodka and strawberry daiquiris, I know I took them 'cos the empty sachets were still in my bag, I could barely remember the night before. I was tired the next day, but was fit to travel to Newry and have lovely grub in the Quays. Normally, I'd be dying all day. They actually contain lots of vitamins too - A,C,B3,B5,B6,B1,B2,folic acid,biotin, B12, calcium and magnesium so that probably helped. Btw I also took a Zantac tablet for my stomach early the next morning.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

They work for me, if they make me less drunk that's fine too. Being drunk is no real fun, being tipsy is. If someone could invent a drink that made you feel good, you know the moment. A couple of pints or glasses of wine in, they would make a fortune.

Beroccas seems to work as well. Drinking a couple of litres of water may work but to be honest, depending on what I'm drinking plain, water makes me sick.

If lifeline works by letting you drink all night and not get drunk. They get my vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

They work for me, if they make me less drunk that's fine too. Being drunk is no real fun, being tipsy is. If someone could invent a drink that made you feel good, you know the moment. A couple of pints or glasses of wine in, they would make a fortune.
    No they wouldn't. It'd be only stocked by head stores and banned if it got any media attention.

Advertisement