Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifelines hangover "cure"!

Options
  • 16-03-2009 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

What a load of boll*x! Took them last night in the vain hope id be grand today.
    Me on wakin at 10am -->:(:eek:confused:
    Sleep
    Me wakin at 12pm-->:eek::eek::eek:
    Sleep + litre of ballygowan
    Me on couch at 2pm-->:mad: + :( watchin comic relief reruns
    Veg
    Dinner
    Veg
    ER
    Me realising ive wasted the entire day hungover:o:rolleyes:

I actually think they enhanced the hangover! Do these actually work for anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya they don't do much at all.

I think they are more designed to help with a mild groggy feeling after you had a few pints rather than actually curing a major drinking session.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Use the money you'd spend on the lifelines to get some proper painkillers for the morning sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I hear Berocca works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I hear 'moderation' works even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yep those yokes are apparently designed for moderate drinking.Better spending your change on stuff for a fry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

'Contains active charcoal!!!'

It has charcoal in it for christ sake! A mate tried to convince me these were a good idea on a trip to Munichs beer halls, I was on the big white telephone in the 12 bed shared hostel bathroom all night long talking to....

Huey Ralph
    Huey Raaaaalppphhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

i could use a hangover cure right about now....

dying....

just felt sorry for myself while reading the thread,.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm fairly sure they're just a placebo. You may really have overdone it last night.

I find the best way to cope is to drink about a litre of water before you go to bed. It's not perfect, but it generally deals with the headachey side of things, and groggy/tired I can cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I hear 'moderation' works even better.

That's funny - I hear moderation is a fantastically boring way to spend an afternoon..

Hows the saying go? "everything in moderation. ESPECIALLY moderation."

Ya need to cut loose and let the hair down sometimes. I've been doing the whole moderation thing for a few months - gonna go mental tomorrow though. Red breast whiskey ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

plenty of water before bed.
    isotonics in the morning with panadine for head and motillium for stomach. then breakfast roll from dunnes and i'M elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

The charcoal in them just rip the throat out of you.

They haven't worked for me at all, neither does moderation tbh. Abstinance is your best bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find that drinking a shitload of water during the night/before I go to bed tends to prevent hangovers almost entirely no matter how much I drink. Any sort of cure that you take the next day is too little too late, and entirely unnecessary. I've tried the lifeline thing and I didn't get a hangover but I also drank plenty of water so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Try a mug of vodka when you wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

im having a couple a cans now while i nod off after last nights birthday celebrations. Only cure is more beer. Ill feel sick but will sleep through it. Hopefully lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45,293 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

neurophen plus ftw.

sweet sweet codeine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

3 pints the morning after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Alcohol is the killer to a productive society. It leads to health problems, ugliness (fat and worn out features), loss of a considerable sum of money, laziness the day after.

Sex is a healthier alternative to alcohol, and certainly does not require alcohol to be achieved when single.

You people make me sick

rarnes1 wrote: »
    neurophen plus ftw.

sweet sweet codeine
    along with sudafed.. codeine is legend.

sudafed if ur stuffed up and codeine if you hav a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Alcohol is the killer to a productive society. It leads to health problems, ugliness (fat and worn out features), loss of a considerable sum of money, laziness the day after.

Sex is a healthier alternative to alcohol, and certainly does not require alcohol to be achieved when single.

You people make me sick

Have a drink and lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sex is a healthier alternative to alcohol

I'm not fcuking my mates for 90 minutes of a football match, but different horses for different courses

• Advertisement

You people make me sick

Nothing like sitting on a high horse when your being sanctimonious is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yeah a friend bought those lifeline supplements before. useless. Berroca before you go to bed or a pint of water and some neurofen usually does the trick. Oh and another berocca when you wake up! I find im usually grand after that! Oh and dont forget the major feed the next day too!

Happy Drinkin' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

jim o doom wrote: »
    Nothing like sitting on a high horse when your being sanctimonious is there?

Pffffff I was on the gin last night. That was my conscience talking. We don't listen to him

cherubaul wrote: »
    plenty of water before bed.
    isotonics in the morning with panadine for head and motillium for stomach. then breakfast roll from dunnes and i'M elected.

This is the truth. Maybe throw in a neurofen plus or 5 and a glass of andrews/alca seltzer.

I find that if I sleep well I'm generally not too bad. I normally end up waking up really early though for some reason after a night on the razz

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Berocca in a pint of water and another pint afterwards, eat something like bread or cereal before sleep and repeat next morning, havent had a full blown hangover in years

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You people make me sick

I must not drink. Drink is the mind-killer. Drink is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Zillah wrote: »
    I must not drink. Drink is the mind-killer. Drink is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

heh are you quoting Dune or Earthworm jim? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Lat time i was on a major piss up in Malaga, before i went out i had one of them lifelines. Came home, had a solpadene & berocca in a pint of water!! Was grand the next day! Repeated x3 days

Don't know which one of them worked tho :D

Pffffff I was on the gin last night. That was my conscience talking. We don't listen to him

I hate how hard sarcasm is to spot in text. *sigh* I feel like a total moron now. Oh well, I can drink that feeling into oblivion tonight! mwahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I've found there is some truth to this. They certainly eased the stomach upset. Didn't do much for the headache though.

Advertisement