Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian/NZ series?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why???

I had my mother on youtube the other night, she was watching all different old Aussie dramas including H&A and Sullivans!!

They have that program about the portal between Oz and Ireland on again, Foreign Exchange - if only it were true and there was a portal..........;)

If there were, there would be about four million people wedged inside it heading south.

The TDs wouldn't be allowed in and they would be left behind to rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

god I think I want to be sick its nearly as bad as 7TH HEAVEN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rush - its shown early mornings on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

It'd be great if they brought Pugwall out on dvd.

Pugwall is out on DVD, I have both seasons of it. You can only get it from Aussie websites, but it is region free so works in Irish DVD players.

Hey, anyone remember The Curiosity Show with Dr. Dean? Prob one of the best science shows for kids that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Elmo wrote: »
    Really bad soap opera both repeating story lines every 5 years or so just with different actors and character names.

Look at the bad acting in the first episode of Home And Away, and I thought Neighbours was bad.

Pippa and Tom go looking for foster kids and take them to the country awh!

God I remember those opening credits. makes me feel old to see it's over twenty years old.

The Secret Life Of Us was a half decent drama set in Melbourne. Used to be on rte2 on Sunday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Anyone remember Estreet?Atrocious Aussie series that was on Sky in the early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Crash Palace was a good show - it was set in a hostel in Austrailia and pretty much everyone was having affairs with one another. Anyone remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

1234.. Hi 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

hairymick wrote: »
    Anyone remember Estreet?Atrocious Aussie series that was on Sky in the early 90s.

Was that the show where in the few episodes it all went crazy and in the last ep they all died in an explosion?

Used to love The Sullivans. Always watched it when I was on my lunchbreak from school. Sons and Daughters was brilliant as well. Some of the plots were so over the top.

What about Return To Eden? The Aussie Dynasty about the model who is pushed into a river by her husband and is presumed dead after been eaten by a crocodile but actually survives and gets plastic surgery and comes back to get revenge on her husband? It was as camp as christmas but great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

I remember watching a 5 part series when I was a kid called ANZACS. I loved it. Maybe it wouldn't hold up so much now but it was great at the time.

Another, non-drama one now is called Sensing Murder. About real life unsolved murder cases where they bring in a psychic. May not be your cup of tea but it is a very well made show.

My son really likes The Wiggles... but he's 5 ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I recommend City Homicide which is a very good Australian police drama which has just started its third season. It is a bit like Water Rats without the water :D and Aaron Pedersen from Water Rats is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Always really liked All Saints too.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Hey all, anyone know if its been screened in Ireland? I swear i have withdrawal symptoms from it...!!

There starting series 3 tonight in oz..bastids:(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Always really liked All Saints too.

Wonder when the last series is being shown on TV3 if at all?

Wonder when the last series is being shown on TV3 if at all?

I haven't a clue to be honest. I've kind of lost touch with the last season when it was on. Didn't have time to watch it :(

I've never seen it on DVD here either. Wouldn't mind catching up on it at some stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Has anyone seen The Nominees according to wikipedia it was called We Can Be Heroes in Aus, it was on RTE 2 back in Jan 2008 at around 1.00am in the morning, it was the best Aus comedy i have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ElNino wrote: »
    I recommend City Homicide which is a very good Australian police drama which has just started its third season. It is a bit like Water Rats without the water :D and Aaron Pedersen from Water Rats is in it.

Is this still on RTE 1 early mornings Sunday?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this still on RTE 1 early mornings Sunday?

Water Rats is on at 4.30am this Sunday, but not City Homicide! ER on at 3am as well btw :D

I watched a few episodes of City Homicide and enjoyed it

I watched a few episodes of City Homicide and enjoyed it

Packed to the Rafters and some other Oz drama are on Late Night Sundays/Early Morning Mondays.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Packed to the Rafters and some other Oz drama are on Late Night Sundays/Early Morning Mondays.

Yes I watched Packed to the Rafters and McLeod's Daughters a few times its a shame RTE put on these shows on so late

Yes I watched Packed to the Rafters and McLeod's Daughters a few times its a shame RTE put on these shows on so late

Yep, I remember Blue Heelers being on at a very bad time as well. McLeods is on 4.25am Monday, just checked the listings. Very bad time for people wanting to watch them!

Yep, I remember Blue Heelers being on at a very bad time as well. McLeods is on 4.25am Monday, just checked the listings. Very bad time for people wanting to watch them!

This is why Sky+ should be everyone's best friend ;)

This is why Sky+ should be everyone's best friend ;)

I don't have Sky+ :( And I don't know how to programme the VCR, got a new one and haven't been bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Ha ha. I worked on McCleod's Daughters. Wasn't really a fan though.
    I've go tone more episode to watch in Underbelly and am really enjoying it. Like an Australia Sopranos, based on a true story. It's more adult that McLeod's Daughters, or Water Rats, but if you don't mind that, I'd definately reccomend it. Probablt the best show to come out of Australia in the last 15 years. Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I don't have Sky+ :( And I don't know how to programme the VCR, got a new one and haven't been bothered!

:eek: who uses VCR anyore :confused: , get yourself a HDD recorder or a DVD recorder, or "Google" ;)

:eek: who uses VCR anyore :confused: , get yourself a HDD recorder or a DVD recorder, or "Google" ;)

Google would be great if I had a half decent internet speed, load of All Saints up on youtube that I've watched! I've watched quite a bit of Blue Heelers as well, might try and watch Underbelly, sounds good!

My grandmother but she's 96, she can VideoPlus. (George Hook, who?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Girl From Tomorrow and some of Round The Twist

ah used to love these when i was young, esp round the twist. OZ always had some good shows. Blue Heelers, Water Rats.

Someone mentioned outragous fortune which in from NZ. very good, is it still going though ?

• Advertisement

Am I wrong to think The Girl From Tomorrow is hugely underrated as a Kids Sci-fi.

Advertisement