Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing comp, Ricardo Cordoba vs. Bernard Dunne-mar 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 beller2000

hope that wee man is alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

This is awesome :D I'm not watching but, judging by the comments I wish I was!

can some one shoot Jimmy mcgee please its worse since the fight finished, and why no replay so far ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Poor chap must be out cold for a good 3mins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,884 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats awesome for Bernard Dunne. I never gave him a chance in this to be honest. I have a new found respect for the man, he wa a warrior there tonight, fought back from the brink, just magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

He's moving now apparently. Thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

absolutely awsome fight but the main thing is that cordoba is ok. hope the guy gets up ok. but otherwise, congrats bernard dunne.......fantastic day for the irish, may many more come in the future and lift us back to where we once were!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Absolute disgrace from the ref in that last round. Disgrace.

Agreed but he using that he should have stopped when dunne was down twice and very nearly a third time.

Cordoba ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

This was fantastic, well done Dunne. What a day for Irish sport

• Registered Users Posts: 37,884 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

To all you guys complaining about the commentary, just to say this, I'm not saying that they were great but I hardly heard them I was so stuck in watching the fight, I know they were talking but it was just not bothering me at all. If you are into it, it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

dave boy mcauley is a legend! :D

really well done bernard although cordoba being down for so long is taking a bit of a shine off things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I have never seen Bernard hit so hard. What a breathtaking fight. Well deserved for Dunne.

On the other hand, I hope Cordoba is alright. The referee should have stopped it after the second knockdown, when Cordoba got up everyone could see his legs were all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus that reverse angle on the last punch looked vicious. Nearly took his head off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

redout wrote: »
    Poor chap must be out cold for a good 3mins now.

don't believe what jimmy says, the lad was moving his head when the fight was stopped, he wasn't out cold at all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Fantastic by Dunne, but horrific stuff by the ref. It was very clear Cordoba was wobbly, then he gets knocked down, gets back up, still wobbly, get knocked down, still wobbly and somehow the ref let it go on? Maybe in some fights that's ok, but it was a very tough fight and he'd already been down before. Luckily it looks like he's ok.

never nice to see a boxer being stretchered out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Its easy to say it should've been stopped in hindsight but the ref was right to give Cordoba a chance imo.

A lot of refs are too quick to step in nowadays. Safety of the boxers is off paramount importance but at the same time there is a world title on the line. I dont think the ref was wrong here.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Fantastic by Dunne, but horrific stuff by the ref. It was very clear Cordoba was wobbly, then he gets knocked down, gets back up, still wobbly, get knocked down, still wobbly and somehow the ref let it go on? Maybe in some fights that's ok, but it was a very tough fight and he'd already been down before. Luckily it looks like he's ok.

But how many times have we seen fighters wobbly and pull it together? Dunne was wobbly earlier in the fight.

Cordoba was not defenceless imo.....like I said its easy to say in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Dunne is obviously a gentleman by the way he reacted there, he was genuinely concerned. Hope the other lad is ok.

What an achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Great fight!! He was the better fighter, well deserved! Hope Cordoba is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Could someone please fill me in? I am watching it at work on the sly and have no sound. is Cordoba going to be ok?

Congrats to Bernard Dunne. He did us proud tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

That was some fight.I heard him talking about his new condition Coach the ex rugby guy.They def worked some magic together.The power of the punches and the ability to recover was amazing.What a Day.They always say that in times of Hardship SPORT comes to the fore.Well done Bernard

dohda wrote: »
    Could someone please fill me in? I am watching it at work on the sly and have no sound. is Cordoba going to be ok?

taken to hospital as precaution, should be sound. best fight ive seen for a long time, well deserved for bernard

dohda wrote: »

He's gone to hospital but I think he'll be ok (apparently its more dehydration than the punch).

And Dunnes conditioning was superb....he was like a different fighter. For me his stamina and strength have always been suspect....even his major weakpoints, but tonight he looked so strong (never seen him throw a punch like the one he finished with) and he kept up the intensity right til the end.

Immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

cheers for that.

Great to hear he will be ok. woulf have put a dampner on things a bit.

Great day for irish sport all round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Absolute disgrace from the ref in that last round. Disgrace.

agreed with ya there.
    good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Really was a fantastic fight. Absolutely loved it.

Great atmosphere and the O2 looked great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

so whens the rematch going to be

• Advertisement

so whens the rematch going to be

Fvck..I dont think I could take a rematch:D

Advertisement