Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

4179_1047942246881_1475439997_30122710_2027306_n.jpg

FEE will win because I can do mad things in paint....

But yeah as for Bertie coming, they kept it fairly secretive, press statement was up and vanished and went back up etc. Was a piece in the Sunday World two weeks back in which a mate of mine got to give out about it as a Maynooth student, but where he lives (North Dublin) people still honestly love the guy. If he ran for President, I wouldn't vote against him getting it. Tragic.

edit:MOAR PAINT

979963456a9013193431ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

PrivateEye wrote: »

FEE will win because I can do mad things in paint....

You are rather talented. My paint-skills are pathetic, althoug I can do some good fireworks with the spray paint tool :cool:

You are rather talented. My paint-skills are pathetic, althoug I can do some good fireworks with the spray paint tool :cool:

First memories of the old PC (WINDOWS 9somethingoranother) was messing with the Spraypaint in MS Paint. Memories :o

First memories of the old PC (WINDOWS 9somethingoranother) was messing with the Spraypaint in MS Paint. Memories :o

So in a few years I can be as good as you?;)

I suggest you look in the HUGE thread about The Spoke, where my real artistic genius shined. banquo even acknowledged my MS Paint greatness in the real world :pac:

• Advertisement

.....which reminds me, I can count the amount of familiar names on here I can put faces with on one hand. Strange.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A FINAL YEAR STUDENT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE PRIVILEDGES TO SPEAK IN THE LIBRARY!! (people across from me are getting stuff thrown at them shortly if they don't stop laughing, feeling each other up and talking):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

.....which reminds me, I can count the amount of familiar names on here I can put faces with on one hand. Strange.

*Sits awkwardly two seats away until a mutual friend lands us in it* :D

Funky_Penguin and I met when he recognized me and charged at me in JH on our very first day of orientation week!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No one knows what I look like... *Removes invisibility cloak! TADA!

Not really though :P

The AMOUNT of people chatting away in the library today was unreal. Also, will any of you be pressing the little 'you've 30 minutes to return' buttons on the private desks? I won't...

Not that I'm generally away for that long anyway. I just can't see it working. I wouldn't have the gall to press it for someone else when they left either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Pfft, a cloak? I've a switch I flick. Cloaks are so last century. Though sometimes I go out invisible without pants and that leads to all sorts of misunderstandings :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Are we still on about your 'pants accidentally falling off'?

In January I was very tempted to move someone's stuff after they'd left for about an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Some guy left his stuff all over a computer in the library for over an hour. Dick.

banquo wrote: »
    Some guy left his stuff all over a computer in the library for over an hour. Dick.

This is a huge problem honestly driving me mad at the minute.

Another similar one- yesterday I had a huge History assignment to hand in at 5. House PC ran out of ink, so said 'ah I'll print it in the library'

Get there at 4. All PCs in use. Fair enough.

The lad directly in front of the waiting line? 'Kerry GAA online' headphones on and all. Go back to the arts block son, I has work.Arts block PCs for 'fun time surfing', library for 'serious business'. Easy.
    *Sits awkwardly two seats away until a mutual friend lands us in it*

Luls. Did I see you walk by AIB yesterday in the JH?
    I'd swear I see you at least once in the distance every day*

*Is properly short sighted, could be a black man in a neon t-shirt to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I have a computer in the cs lab that I don't use very often (its connected to a printer too, all you need is paper). PM me is anyone is stuck.

Beau wrote: »
    I have a computer in the cs lab that I don't use very often (its connected to a printer too, all you need is paper). PM me is anyone is stuck.

Nice one to offer, fair play. :)

Ahhh the quietness of Rye PACR on a Friday.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Ahhh the quietness of Rye PACR on a Friday.

The quietness of NUIM on a Friday!

I've no classes myself but ended up on a couch in the town so strolled through, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah got through maynooth village in half the time this afternoon. Sweeeeeeet.

I do love Manynooth on a Friday though (not during pre-exams). So peaceful, plenty of seats everywhere, plenty of free computers/printers.
    Arts block computer room was packed today :(

Another year draws to a close.

• Advertisement

Jesus, there's only one year left for me! I still feel about 17 and ready to start the exciting new adventure of college :(

I feel a thousand years old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

You look it. :P

You look it. :P

My new mission mission in life is to become a mod here and ban you.

/crumples up future degree

Only special people can become mods unfortunately :(

Oh, i've no hope. I'd take it way too seriously, editing every post for grammar, etc.

Don't think I've seen a facebook update from anyone in NUIM for the last 3/4 days that didn't have the words 'exams' and 'sh/te' in it.

I wish procrastinating was an Arts subject choice... we seem to be experts at it. By 'we' I do of course mean 'I', because everyone around me seems to be studying hardcore at the moment, while I take facebook quizzes to tell me that I'm Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy, which I'm still trying to work out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyway, back to my beautiful EN255 essay... and by essay I mean an a4 page that has nothing written on it, except the essay title at the top surrounded by different coloured squiggles. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Well isn't the title the most important part of an essay?So ur almost done really.

• Advertisement

gra26 wrote: »
    Well isn't the title the most important part of an essay?So ur almost done really.

and my squiggles are beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement