Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

banquo wrote: »
    Just back from Mayo.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

banquo wrote: »
    Just back from Mayo.

Bom chicka wow wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

2,000 posts on boards.ie, FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm weirdly proud that you chose to make it here :)

This thread has become my standard 'just want to post something' thread anyway, couldn't think of a better place. For such a small forum, we seem the most active of the 7 uni's.

2,000 posts, I remember joining boards around the time of the Leaving Cert. What a forum THAT was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    This thread has become my standard 'just want to post something' thread anyway, couldn't think of a better place. For such a small forum, we seem the most active of the 7 uni's.

2,000 posts, I remember joining boards around the time of the Leaving Cert. What a forum THAT was!

I still accidentally click into that forum by force of habit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

PrivateEye wrote: »

Me too! nd 2 think dat i posted lyk dis wen i askd bou honours english!!!!!!

In all seriousness, exam and essay deadline stress is starting to set in. My sister's whole course is continuous assesment and cos she's a dope I had to basically show her how to present an assignment last night (SHE HAD IT IN COMIC SANS i kid you not), ended up basically doing it for her, didn't get to bed until 2.30am. Not a thing done for my own studies because I'm such a brilliant sister. :rolleyes:

YourTextHere, how are you getting on studying for Film? My head is melted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

YourTextHere, how are you getting on studying for Film? My head is melted...

[Lurch voice] You rang? [/Lurch voice] :D

Not too fabulous. I'm studying the theories mainly for Section A (Psycho and auteurism w00t!) but haven't a clue about Section 2.This emoticon accurately describes how I'm feeling
    > :confused: How are you getting on? :)

Jebus I really need to stop listening to Glee songs on youtube when I should be studying. I'm going to go into Revolutions and my exam answer will consist of the words DON'T STOP BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVING.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Jebus I really need to stop listening to Glee songs on youtube when I should be studying. I'm going to go into Revolutions and my exam answer will consist of the words DON'T STOP BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVING.

Listen to Jump it's AMAZINGLY good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4n56kRichE

(Leo is studying Arts Council funding decisions since 1997... and going quietly insane.)

I put my dice up in my car today! Yay!!

Hey did I tell you guys I have a car now?

I HAVE A CAR NOW!!

• Advertisement

Listen to Jump it's AMAZINGLY good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4n56kRichE

(Leo is studying Arts Council funding decisions since 1997... and going quietly insane.)

Listening to it right now, it's great! Your username reminds me that I need to study Ulysses *cries* :D
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    I put my dice up in my car today! Yay!!

Hey did I tell you guys I have a car now?

I HAVE A CAR NOW!!

Oh class! Have you given it a ridiculous nickname yet? :pac: My friend called her car Albert lol.

He was named Mike by my sister, he's incredibly camp. I've changed this to Michaelangelo!

Loving that TV3 piece on the snow, can't beat a Minister going "sure what difference would it make if I was in or out of the country?"

Spot on Minister, spot on.

All ready for tomorrows exams (or ready as I'll ever be) bring it on!

Finally going to cave and go doctor tomorrow for throat, rar! Running out of money rapidly here...

Which month do NUIM have their grads?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Which month do NUIM have their grads?

September.
    http://registrar.nuim.ie/ImportantDates.shtml

Cheers bud! Just been informed I really can't miss my graduation for a job abroad, now I need to focus on getting one that leaves AFTER graduation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Did anybody see the hoax email that was sent from Brian Dillon's account? (Finance Officer).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

already had a thread about it posted (along with the contents of the email).

Mod hat on:

whether or not you think its a hoax please DO NOT POST DETAILS until it is at least confirmed one way or another. the content of that email could be enough to seriously damage a financial officers reputation and I would advise all recipients not to forward it to anyone else until you know more.

mod hat back in the closet.

Dont know what email you're all on about and is very much curious, drop me a PM and nobody will ever know who sent it ;) Ah go on someone.

Love a bit of NUIM gossip I do.

In other news: I only noticed the Chinese beside Rebel Pizza today. Being a commuter FTL. I presumed the one up the town and the one at the Newtown Inn were it. Will try it very soon.

• Advertisement

Went there Xmas eve with a crowd from work... was alright, kinda cold =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

How packed is the library does anyone know?

God, I lived in there this time last year but I haven't been near it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I also want to know about this email. Giz a PM someone.

This email sounds interesting..... :pac: more interesting than what I'm "studying" at the moment anyway.

Too many pesky music students around here these days, rabble rabble.

:D

*mourns lack of musical ability*

This email sounds interesting..... :pac: more interesting than what I'm "studying" at the moment anyway.

Too many pesky music students around here these days, rabble rabble.

:D

*mourns lack of musical ability*

French Revolution? Causes? Reformation? Causes? Revolutions? Definitions? Zapatistas? Zach De La Rocha?

*Bangs head on desk*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It was followed up almost an hour later with a far more official and grammatically correct apology from the real Brian. Defo a hoax, probably best to leave it at that.

Actually, pretty bad form from whoever hacked his account imo.

French Revolution? Causes? Reformation? Causes? Revolutions? Definitions? Zapatistas? Zach De La Rocha?

*Bangs head on desk*

I feel your pain. Revolutions is evil.

Zapatistas?

http://libcom.org/tags/zapatistas

LibCom, as in "Libertarian Communism" is quite a good academic resource, with both primary and secondary sources. There are countless really, really good articles there on the Zaps, including critiques.

Between the Zaps and seeing another boardsie mentioning Land And Freedom (about the Spanish Civil War) on Facebook, I feel confident my boards.ie comrades will be on the barricades when the red and black flag goes over the JH.

---

As for Zach de le Rocha, isn't he just some popstar with bad hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

LeixlipRed has been invigilating in both my exams so far, I wonder will he be there next time (15:30, Friday, Main Sports Hall)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement