Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 particle filter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Im sure I read somewhere recently that superchips or someone like them can remove the DPF programme from the Peugeot/Citroen ecus which will allow them to run without the need fr the filter and fluid. This aparently makes them better on diesel and a bit better responsive wise too but the main thing is that they still pass the emmisions test.

I know a few people with merc vans who had them removed and the ecu reprogrammed to operate without them who have had no problems with the engines since.

I think this is the crowd that do it.. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1153533 not sure if it's a success with Peugeot/Citroens...:confused:

I know a few people whom have removed powerwashed there dpf's refitted
    with no problems.....after that its a matter of topping up there additive tank
    and resetting the system...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dikiedavis

Row wrote: »
    What mileage have you on your 407...??
    The dpf is below the turbo.
    You can't cut it out so easy as your car will be in limp mode all/most the time...:eek:

I'm guessing you have "Partical filter regeneration urgent" comming up
    on your display....?
    Were are you based..?
    thanks for reply row
    please be quiet mullingar i asked for help as i dont know my **** when it comes to this stuff.hence the need for help!!!!
    my display shows particle filter regeneration cycle urgent.i am based in clane in kildare.times are hard so i would prefer to take the dpf out and power wash it for ireland.theres 75k now on the clock.my ouwlfella has said he'd give me a dig out if need be but neither of us has much experience in this field.thanks again

There's some info on this fault on www.407owners.com/forums.
    Theres a good chance one or more of the heater plugs have burnt out
    which can bring up this fault...you will need someone with peugeot diagnostics or equivalent equipment to reset this fault...as this fault will not display any P-codes..:eek:
    pm me if you need more info...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dag260

Hi Row, I would be gratefull if you could help, I have a 2004 407 2.0L HDI with 84000m on the clock. I have got the message DEPOLUTION SYSTEM FAULTY comming on the display screen! I have checked the oil level in the adative tank and its about half full from what i can see, I have removed the DPF filter and steam cleaned it out. I pluged in a obd 2 code reader and cleared the fault codes and it took the engine warning light off and no message on screen, but after about 20 seconds of running, message back on screen and engine warning light on again I just cant remember the code I got but I think it was 1435, any Ideas??? thanks for your time, Dave

dag260 wrote: »
    Hi Row, I would be gratefull if you could help, I have a 2004 407 2.0L HDI with 84000m on the clock. I have got the message DEPOLUTION SYSTEM FAULTY comming on the display screen! I have checked the oil level in the adative tank and its about half full from what i can see, I have removed the DPF filter and steam cleaned it out. I pluged in a obd 2 code reader and cleared the fault codes and it took the engine warning light off and no message on screen, but after about 20 seconds of running, message back on screen and engine warning light on again I just cant remember the code I got but I think it was 1435, any Ideas??? thanks for your time, Dave

Hi Dave,
    Your dpf should'nt have needed cleaning /replacment at 84,000m..unless
    there are other faults with the system..:confused:

P1435= Particle filter additive system : Fault in communication between the BSI and the additive pump

This fault points towards the additve pump which is builtin to the additive tank...If you know someone with planet or good diagnostic equipment
    they can activate the pump manually which can tell if the pump is faulty.

If your near the west i maybe able to help out..:)
    Ron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sarpj

Hi

I have a 407 and the particle filter error came up. I got it washed out yesterday and the mechanic told me i would need to consult the manual to find out how to do the regeneration cycle. - but i cant find the manual anywhere - would anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

sarpj wrote: »
    Hi

I have a 407 and the particle filter error came up. I got it washed out yesterday and the mechanic told me i would need to consult the manual to find out how to do the regeneration cycle. - but i cant find the manual anywhere - would anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads. You're welcome to start a new one instead.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement