Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things that used to be in waterford ya can remember

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

JohnC. wrote: »
    Other way around. Supermacs was the front of the Savoy and the front of The Book Centre was the Irish Independent place. Obviously, The Book Centre goes back into the Savoy now.

large.jpg
    Don't think that the Book Centre was ever in the Irish Independent place. It used to be down where a sports shop is now (I think) and may then have expanded into the old Burgerland place. Interesting photo though.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭JohnC.

jmcc wrote: »
    Don't think that the Book Centre was ever in the Irish Independent place.

It's there right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Burgerland and the Wimpy not 100% on locations and also KFC in O' Connell Street.

I'm nearly sure I remember a shop called Teleport that sold computer games......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Burgerland and the Wimpy not 100% on locations and also KFC in O' Connell Street.

I'm nearly sure I remember a shop called Teleport that sold computer games......

was burgerland where dealz is now on michael st?

was it called teleporters?

It's there right now...
    Yep. :) Must be a bit of a brainfreeze. Buy most of my books from Amazon now and haven't been in SuperMacs for decades. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Burgerland was where delalz is and sherwoods went in after burgerland i think,teleport was in george's court

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Around there. Teleport was in George's Court. Richard Finn's photography/computer shop used to be on the other side of the street but farther on down towards the Apple Market.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lads, in the picture above it says cinema on the savoy. When did it stop being a cinema? I just remember an arcade there and the Regina was the only cinema i ever went to growing up in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭JohnC.

jmcc wrote: »
    Around there. Teleport was in George's Court. Richard Finn's photography/computer shop used to be on the other side of the street but farther on down towards the Apple Market.

Regards...jmcc

Can you remember where Finns were before? I can only vaguely recall the street and I think City Square was built on top of it. Maybe it was a street which ran roughly along the path of the walkway between the former Burger King entrance and the other entrance beside Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Can you remember where Finns were before? I can only vaguely recall the street and I think City Square was built on top of it. Maybe it was a street which ran roughly along the path of the walkway between the former Burger King entrance and the other entrance beside Dunnes.

It was called Peter Street, Finns shop was about half way down and Sullys was next to it. When you go in the burger king entrance you're actually walking down Peter St.

• Advertisement

Yep. It was on that street where City Square is now. Think Wimpy and Sully's were around the corner from it. Can't remember the name of the street though. It was in the 1980s. It moved to the Micheal Street location after that. There was also another computer shop,The Chip Shop, on the High Street back in the early 1980s. Even the Book Centre got into selling computers back then.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The man that used to drive around housing estates selling cream buns and videos to rent from his van.

Another man that used to sell bottles of lemonade from his van. Used to do a lovely pineapple flavoured one. Came in glass bottles that you had to return back to him the next time he was around.

I think Al was the cream bun man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Wailin wrote: »
    Lads, in the picture above it says cinema on the savoy. When did it stop being a cinema? I just remember an arcade there and the Regina was the only cinema i ever went to growing up in the 80s.

Cinema closed in mid. 70s

At that time there was
    Regina
    Savoy
    Regal
    cinemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

What about 'doing a Harry Worth' in Burtons window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

The man that used to drive around housing estates selling cream buns and videos to rent from his van.

Another man that used to sell bottles of lemonade from his van. Used to do a lovely pineapple flavoured one. Came in glass bottles that you had to return back to him the next time he was around.

I still think you can get that pineapple drink, maybe his son is keeping the thing up and running? I'll find out for sure if you like.

Advertisement