Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Could try this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭guil

Gevey sim might work but there was never a software unlock for a 4s and probably never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Jailbreaking your phone won't unlock it, currently there is no software unlock available for iPhone 4S on 7.0.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers lads gevey sim it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Pangu 7.1.1 jailbreak out, gets the green light from most of the "trusted" jb devs, caution advised from the news sites, as it bundles an optional Chinese piracy app, you can opt to not install it, by unchecking a box during install

installation vid

jb app

works fine on my ipad air, 7.1.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Pangu 7.1.1 jailbreak out, gets the green light from most of the "trusted" jb devs, caution advised from the news sites, as it bundles an optional Chinese piracy app, you can opt to not install it, by unchecking a box during install

installation vid

jb app

works fine on my ipad air, 7.1.1
    Nice one, didnt expect that, going to give it a go now on my 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Pangu installed on my iPad Mini working fine, no issues.

XBMC up & running with all my favourite add ons in full swing :D

So good to have bitesms back again, how ive missed you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Simply Red wrote: »
    So good to have bitesms back again, how ive missed you

Absolutely. The list of add ons I'm using since yesterday and the difference I've noticed with my jailbroken items is ridiculous. Such a gulf between having it jailbroken and not. Flux is another absolute essential and I've no idea why it can't be made available by apple themselves.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Absolutely. The list of add ons I'm using since yesterday and the difference I've noticed with my jailbroken items is ridiculous. Such a gulf between having it jailbroken and not. Flux is another absolute essential and I've no idea why it can't be made available by apple themselves.

Guys , I've not had a jailbroken phone in years but have just used this JB my 5S running 7.1.1 ..

What do you recommend from Cydia ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

sharkman wrote: »
    Guys , I've not had a jailbroken phone in years but have just used this JB my 5S running 7.1.1 ..

What do you recommend from Cydia ...

A lot of the tweaks come down to personal preference. There are some I think are essential. The two mentioned previously, flux and bitesms. The other first apps I downloaded were icaughtu, cccontrol and winterboard to add some themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Any sign if the mac version yet can't wait to jb my new iPad mini 7.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Mac version up and running now.

Twiki wrote: »
    Mac version up and running now.

Cheers not in the country at the moment but will try it out tomorrow.lets know in the mean time if any one else has any feed back on this edition

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

When I try to jailbreak I'm getting "Jailbreak Timeout" after it reboots, I wonder it it's because it takes about 2 min to fully restart, it times out about 10 seconds before the phone is fully restarted.

Also looks like now all notifications were off, any app I open now I get asked to enable Push.

Jailed broke on iPad mini no issues working smooth.make sure to follow all the instructions back up your device
    Change your location to china and date and time.Jb a friends 4s it got stuck once on the time out as I changed the location and date but not the time.7.1.2 is out now DO NOT UPDATE if you want a jailbroken device.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

fox007 wrote: »
    7.1.2 is out now DO NOT UPDATE if you want a jailbroken device.

Looking at wiki, it says the jailbreak works on 7.1.2, does it not?

L'prof wrote: »
    Looking at wiki, it says the jailbreak works on 7.1.2, does it not?

I stand corrected but I'm going stay at 7.1 for the time being see link and make up your own mind I stand corrected but I'm going stay at 7.1 for the time being see
    http://www.evad3rs.net...click-1-min.html?m=1

Springtomize 3 was updated to work with 7.1.x so i have my phone exactly as i want it now.

88QNbD.png

Would have installed the ios8 beta only for this jb to be released, will hang on for the official release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hi all,i just got an i phone 4s from E Bay was advertised as unlocked but turns out it locked to 02 UK.Have contacted the seller about this but its for my daughters birthday next week and really need this unlocked soon.
    I see a lot of E Bay sellers offering unlock services for around £15 most of them with good feedback.Has anyone used or recommend these services are they legit/will it do the job they claim?

Any answers much appreciated,thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭guil

Get an O2 uk sim and put £15 credit on it. O2 uk will unlock it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

I'm looking at an iPhone 5c from America locked to the Sprint network. Can I unlock it for free/cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

What's the best way of watching the UFC this weekend on a jailbroken 5S, lads? I usually stream of a certain website using my laptop but don't know if it'll work on the iPhone as flash isn't supported..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Duff wrote: »
    What's the best way of watching the UFC this weekend on a jailbroken 5S, lads? I usually stream of a certain website using my laptop but don't know if it'll work on the iPhone as flash isn't supported..

XBMC on cydia.
    Never failed to find a live sport event in there.
    Soccer, UFC, WWE

3e are showing the UFC on Saturday if that an option too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

fox007 wrote: »
    3e are showing the UFC on Saturday if that an option too

It's not, I'm afraid. I have to go to a feckin party with the missus Saturday night so it'll be a phone under the table job.:(

I'll try XBMC, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any body know how long it usually takes for O2 to come back with an unlock. Ive send in a request for an unlock on a old iphone 3GS I had lying around. Been 2 days and no contact back from them.
    ** Silly me, I see on the 02 site it usually takes 2-3 days for unlock code to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I've my eyes on a iPhone 4s on Adverts, which was on the Softbank Japan network but has been unlocked by Gevey Sim. I haven't officially offered money for it yet and I'm wondering if it'd be a good purchase?

Seems to be in good nick externally, but would the fact that it's originally from Softbank make it a hassle to operate?

I'd have no problem paying a bit to get a proper unlock sorted after buying it, but is this one a dodgy purchase..? (I'm on Vodafone, btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

131spanner wrote: »
    I've my eyes on a iPhone 4s on Adverts, which was on the Softbank Japan network but has been unlocked by Gevey Sim. I haven't officially offered money for it yet and I'm wondering if it'd be a good purchase?

Seems to be in good nick externally, but would the fact that it's originally from Softbank make it a hassle to operate?

I'd have no problem paying a bit to get a proper unlock sorted after buying it, but is this one a dodgy purchase..? (I'm on Vodafone, btw).
    How much is it up for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mcw92

131spanner wrote: »

I wouldn't buy it based on it using a gevey sim. They are a lot of hassle compared to having it factory unlocked.

A quick search shows only 1 result for getting it unlocked, at €110 :O

I would be looking at unlocked models, you should get one for €200-220 on adverts thats in good edition. Link.
    dodzy wrote: »
    How much is it up for?

This one I'd assume.

Advertisement