Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

massy086 wrote: »

Thanks for the response, do you know would it be better to tell them its for her older model or not mention that at all? would she only have to give the IMEI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, do you know would it be better to tell them its for her older model or not mention that at all? would she only have to give the IMEI?
    she would only have to give the imei of the iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

pbarr wrote: »
    Has anyone used this gevey sim to unlock a 4s on Meteor or Emobile.

Just bumping this up again. I'm going to buy one soon so it would be handy to know if it would work or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I'm out of contract contract with three and have gotten confirmation the phone has been uunlocked by them. The problem is I'm jailbroken on 5.1.1. I need to wipe the phone to give to someone but don't know

1. how to wipe it without updating the software.

2. How to unlock via iTunes without messing it up

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hey folks, I stupidly updated my iphone 5 to version 6.1.4. Can this be jailbroken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hey folks, I stupidly updated my iphone 5 to version 6.1.4. Can this be jailbroken?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was told they wont be doing any more Jailbreaks until Apple go to 7.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Has anyone managed to get evasi0n-win-1.5.4 and J/B'n 6.1.3 yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

guil wrote: »
    Nope

Crap - dont suppose there's anyway of downgrading to an ios that can be jailbroken?

Nope on that one too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Have been given an new Iphone 4 from vodafone and need to get it unlocked as I am on 02. Can someone send me a link to somewhere that will do this online or somewhere in Dublin city centre. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Have been given an new Iphone 4 from vodafone and need to get it unlocked as I am on 02. Can someone send me a link to somewhere that will do this online or somewhere in Dublin city centre. Thanks

Have a look on the sister site; adverts.ie You'll see a few options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Hi,

Is there any free and untethered unlock available for a 3GS 6.1.3 and baseband 05.16.08?

thanks

sandt wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any free and untethered unlock available for a 3GS 6.1.3 and baseband 05.16.08?

thanks

http://www.jailbreak-me.info

thanks, that site only shows if a device is jailbreakable, i want this phone unlocked, or do you have to jailbreak to unlock?? :o

thanks, that site only shows if a device is jailbreakable, i want this phone unlocked, or do you have to jailbreak to unlock?? :o

You have to jailbreak to do a software unlock. Also when you say untethered I took that as untethered jailbreak. There's no such thing as as untethered unlock as far as I know.

The site also tells you if it can be unlocked or not but it can't be done with software

You have to jailbreak to do a software unlock. Also when you say untethered I took that as untethered jailbreak. There's no such thing as as untethered unlock as far as I know.

The site also tells you if it can be unlocked or not but it can't be done with software

Thanks, so the only way i can unlock this phone is by using one of the sites that offer an 'official unlock' such as fastGSM?

Thanks, so the only way i can unlock this phone is by using one of the sites that offer an 'official unlock' such as fastGSM?

Yes or get the network to unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

Someone said that a shop in galway can unlock vodaphone iPhone5, but that I can't do it at home.

I ask why can't I do it at some if I can download the same software packages?

Also when unlocking if it goes to warranty, will they refuse me to fix the phone?

It's not done with software. The days of software unlocks on iPhones are over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I have an Iphone 4S on firmware 6.1.3 and modem firmware 3.4.03. I decided to unlock it and used this Gevey sim.
    The process worked flawlessly and the phone is now unlocked. I have discovered that if I put back in the original sim tray and sim from the carrier that the phone was locked to I cannot get any signal on the phone but using the gevy sim it works fine. Is this normal after using a gevy sim.
    I then tried to restore the phone in Itunes just to see would it lose the unlock and got error -1. Does anyone know whats the best way to get past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Crawn

I have an iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1(94505) JB'd, modem firmware 04.11.08. I am currently out of contract so can get the phone unlocked for free but to do so, I have to insert a SIM that hasn't been used in the phone and restore via iTunes. I take it by doing this I will lose the JB and all with it??? Anyone know what course of action to take????

Crawn wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1(94505) JB'd, modem firmware 04.11.08. I am currently out of contract so can get the phone unlocked for free but to do so, I have to insert a SIM that hasn't been used in the phone and restore via iTunes. I take it by doing this I will lose the JB and all with it??? Anyone know what course of action to take????
    Just sync it with the other sim in and it should unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Crawn

Cheers guil, that worked a treat!

Supose I have a legaly unlocked iPhone 5 from apple store.

Is there any to get all the apps from free? And if so, if the phone as to be fixed in warranty, will they refuse to fix the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Is there any to get all the apps from free? And if so, if the phone as to be fixed in warranty, will they refuse to fix the phone?

unlocked and jailbroken are entirely different things.

Read all you need to know here.

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Not entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Does anyone know where I'd get iPhone 4S unlocked from tmobile uk? Have tried a few places and no one seems to know. Thanks in advance.

If I buy an iphone 5 from Vodafone with 24 months contract, unlock it and don't pay the contract anymore and change to another provider (for example 3), will vodafone come after me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

If I buy an iphone 5 from Vodafone with 24 months contract, unlock it and don't pay the contract anymore and change to another provider (for example 3), will vodafone come after me?

For stealing? I'd imagine so.

Is this a serious question?

Advertisement