Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

decided to keep the GMT Master II. Was not getting offers where I wanted it. So I decided to change the bracelet to a rubber strap. Got a rubber B strap, they do a lot of rubber straps which are colour matched to various models. Fit is perfect. Decided to get a tang to save the buckle. Very comfortable. Like it sporty and different. What are peoples thoughts?

Perfect

newjackcity2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@Fitzgeme, the B strap is lovely. It really suits the GMT imo and has the added benefit of saving the as strap.
    Well wear and enjoy its new iteration.

On a side note, I thought your asking was fairly reasonable.
    Do you think the lack of decent offers might be a sign that the bubble is starting to, if not burst! At least slow it's inflation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

@Fitzgeme love the strap, did you get the one where you use your rolex clasp, the standard one, or the velcro? I am thinking of getting one for my BLRO GMT but don't think the black goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

decided to keep the GMT Master II. Was not getting offers where I wanted it. So I decided to change the bracelet to a rubber strap. Got a rubber B strap, they do a lot of rubber straps which are colour matched to various models. Fit is perfect. Decided to get a tang to save the buckle. Very comfortable. Like it sporty and different. What are peoples thoughts?

i might take a look at that some day if its ok? might be a nice change for me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Love this Tissot I picked up ...

493650.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Love this Tissot I picked up ...
    So do I!
    Is it a new one or older?

So do I!
    Is it a new one or older?

Older, I got it around 2012 ...

And for the ying and yang there is this I use when I swim or play tennis ..
    48952739497_c74c8300be_z.jpg

Updates by radio every night so is bang on accurate + solar powered.

I like it, it's a tough little beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Haven’t bought much recently but I’ve always fancied this Breitling and ended up buying it today.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Haven’t bought much recently but I’ve always fancied this Breitling and ended up buying it today.

TbL

Lovey watch. Last job I was in a colleague had one. Cracking and even better looking in the flesh.

• Advertisement

barrier86 wrote: »
    Lovey watch. Last job I was in a colleague had one. Cracking and even better looking in the flesh.

Thank you.

Always liked Breitling, I have a Navitimer and couldn’t resist this when I put it on.

Bought it in Gatwick, they are selling at tax (vat) free prices.

TbL

Thank you.

Always liked Breitling, I have a Navitimer and couldn’t resist this when I put it on.

Bought it in Gatwick, they are selling at tax (vat) free prices.

TbL

Its the SO42 is it?

893bet wrote: »
    Just in! Courtesy of micks_address!

Stowa is a class act all round.

I want to get a Stowa ...
    love the marine ones .. gorgeous ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

banie01 wrote: »
    @Fitzgeme, the B strap is lovely. It really suits the GMT imo and has the added benefit of saving the as strap.
    Well wear and enjoy its new iteration.

On a side note, I thought your asking was fairly reasonable.
    Do you think the lack of decent offers might be a sign that the bubble is starting to, if not burst! At least slow it's inflation?

Dont think the bubble is bursting, was getting ok ish offers in the low 9's. I think that there are relatively few buyers out there. If I were more patient and motivated I think it would sell just fine. Hell watchfinders offered me 9300 and they are bandits.

I got the tang version to spare my buckle. I think the bucklet ones look class but I am really hard on the buckle, I dont know what it is I do but I scratch it up a lot.

Cyrus, your welcome any time, I think we live close to eachother anyway.

banie01 wrote: »
    Its the SO42 is it?

Superocean 2, 46

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

I want to get a Stowa ...
    love the marine ones .. gorgeous ...

Might be available....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

This one just arrived, came as a part trade for my sumo.

TC-9 1970's diver and is a homage to the Seiko 6105, comes with a Seiko NH35A which is same as the 4R36 in a Seiko watch.

https://tc-9watches.mysimplestore.com/products/pvd

Not a bad watch at all but I'm not a huge fan of black coated watches so I reckon it could be going out the door as quick as it came in.

Quickie shot by me

ZmlPC28l.jpg

And a few by a previous owner

rS8476ml.jpg

Umug2g5l.jpg

C4tUgPHl.jpg

This is my uncle's Patek Philippe, he took this pic 10 years ago, sorry it's a bit blurry, I must take more pics of it when I'm home next, beautiful watch

48956915867_115eff7240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

493707.jpeg

My new-to-me Seiko recraft courtesy of Mr Hattori of this parish. A ginormous (for me) 44mm but wears much smaller due to the design. I love the fact that it’s got vintage styling with up to date mechanicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dakar wrote: »
    SNIP as per title.

My new-to-me Seiko recraft courtesy of Mr Hattori of this parish. A ginormous (for me) 44mm but wears much smaller due to the design. I love the fact that it’s got vintage styling with up to date mechanicals.

1st dibs if you decide to move it on :D

• Advertisement

dakar wrote: »

Lovely, Seiko are another brand I was looking at, Novak Djokovic was advertising a lovely one a few years back for them.

They had the love at the 12 for the tennis link, was pretty cool..

I regret not jumping at that

Been trying to find one since

Back from its overhaul and with a brand new balance wheel as the old one apparently looked like the clutch from a 19y.o boy racers Glanza!
    All pressure tested and near silent again...
    It makes me quite happy :)

493717.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Lovely watch. That thumb though... damn!!

Whats the story with roman numerals on watches , the 4 being IIII and not IV ?

Lovely watch. That thumb though... damn!!

Tis not in the best of health at the mo :(
    But it's definitely 100% mine :pac:

Whats the story with roman numerals on watches , the 4 being IIII and not IV ?

https://monochrome-watches.com/why-do-clocks-and-watches-use-roman-numeral-iiii-instead-of-iv/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Might be available....

Sell it back to me first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Sell it back to me first :)

Drop me a PM if you want it back Mick.

• Advertisement

Dont think the bubble is bursting, was getting ok ish offers in the low 9's. I think that there are relatively few buyers out there. If I were more patient and motivated I think it would sell just fine. Hell watchfinders offered me 9300 and they are bandits.

I got the tang version to spare my buckle. I think the bucklet ones look class but I am really hard on the buckle, I dont know what it is I do but I scratch it up a lot.

Cyrus, your welcome any time, I think we live close to eachother anyway.

Would you believe I agreed a deal on mine with WF yesterday , they had a VC overseas chronograph in freshly serviced that I have wanted for years at a sensible price and they allowed 9.5k for the GMT as a trade. Given I paid around 5.750 not much more than a year ago I thought it was a decent deal

Prices above are sterling btw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement