Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,064 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@fitzgeme - your Seamaster is a beaut. Just watching a review of a Submariner vs Seamaster the other day and I was impressed with the on the go adjustment of the bracelet they both featured. The main reason I'm no fan of steel bracelets (without adjustments) is that they are inflexible. Which means sometimes they are too tight, sometimes too loose. Does your Seamaster have this adjustment mechanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

unkel wrote: »
    @fitzgeme - your Seamaster is a beaut. Just watching a review of a Submariner vs Seamaster the other day and I was impressed with the on the go adjustment of the bracelet they both featured. The main reason I'm no fan of steel bracelets (without adjustments) is that they are inflexible. Which means sometimes they are too tight, sometimes too loose. Does your Seamaster have this adjustment mechanism?

I love the Seamaster, but I just wish the hands were filled in...trying to spot a dot on top of a dot...cant do it

then again, maybe its because am getting old and the problem is my peepers..;)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

893bet wrote: »
    Perfection!

SNIP

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

unkel wrote: »

It has a wet suit adjustment but its large adds about 2 links, the new ones (2018 onwards) have the rolex style expansion strap that gives you a half link which is great for when your feeling fatter of wrist. The jubalee on the seamaster is a nice and classic design, but I wish they tapered.

ill take it at 300 :)

As a deposit that would be fine:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

893bet wrote: »
    Perfection!

Love it, that along with a white gold 5296 are my dream Pateks. How long were you waiting? I see some discussion that Patek have closed the book on sports models for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Love it, that along with a white gold 5296 are my dream Pateks. How long were you waiting? I see some discussion that Patek have closed the book on sports models for the moment.

i went into boodles last year and enquired and they had both a nautilus and an aquanaut in stock, even took them out to show me :o

but wouldnt sell me either unless i bought some jewellery

so they are available, just not to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I suppose I have to grudgingly respect the demand these brands have generated, but on the other hand it's just absolutely ludicrous that you have to beg them to sell you a product that's available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My trio of French divers, well a quartet if you add Jacques Cousteau to the mix. :D

470102.jpg

Mortima, Lip Nautic-Ski and Yema Superman.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

470107.jpg

470108.jpg

470109.jpg

The Invicta arrived a few days early and I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about it. There's nothing wrong with it as such but it just doesn't excite me and has kind of reaffirmed that it's probably best to stick to respected/established watch brands. Maybe it'll grow on me, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭micks_address

First purchase of 2019 Casio edifice eqw m710

Like the size and the radio time sync

2ibhkpe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭micks_address

Alpinist on two tone strapcode bracelet

2cehfh5.jpg

amcc1s.jpg

Feels like different watch

The Invicta arrived a few days early and I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about it. There's nothing wrong with it as such but it just doesn't excite me and has kind of reaffirmed that it's probably best to stick to respected/established watch brands. Maybe it'll grow on me, we'll see.
    Invicta are well established .... as in: it's well established that they're junk :pac:

I jest, i'm sure they're not all junk and there are happy owners. Not my cup of tea though.

Is this the one that was coming from Amazon US? Or did you reorder from UK with the refund?

Invicta are well established .... as in: it's well established that they're junk :pac:

I jest, i'm sure they're not all junk and there are happy owners. Not my cup of tea though.

Is this the one that was coming from Amazon US? Or did you reorder from UK with the refund?

I knew they had a mixed reputation and I'd certainly never order one of their 'mad' designs but felt a traditional looking watch couldn't be too bad especially when it has a Seiko movement. Plus, lots of reviews of it were positive. I don't know what I expected to be honest so maybe it's just a passing thing.
    I got in contact with Amazon a day or two after they had been in contact and said as the watch was lost I'd like a refund. A few hours later they sent a mail saying they had dispatched another watch. Not what I had asked for but I got the watch in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think any homage watch is going to have it's fair share of critics. I think if you want a divers watch and want low budget but something a bit different, can't go wrong with a vostok.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think any homage watch is going to have it's fair share of critics. I think if you want a divers watch and want low budget but something a bit different, can't go wrong with a vostok.

I hear you. I went with the Invicta as I wanted that submariner look but didn't want to spend a huge amount as I had been 'out' of the hobby for some time. Plus it was really a spur of the moment purchase. I have a Seiko SKX009 so just wanted something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

In relation to that shop not wanting to sell the Patek without additional purchases. Is that because they do not make a huge profit of it, or just because they might aswell seen as if you can afford the watch another 20 grand on other items probably wont affect your bank balance in any noticeable way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

funkyouup wrote: »
    In relation to that shop not wanting to sell the Patek without additional purchases. Is that because they do not make a huge profit of it, or just because they might aswell seen as if you can afford the watch another 20 grand on other items probably wont affect your bank balance in any noticeable way.

they make more money on their own jewellery i guess so if they can entice you to spend on that then all the better

funkyouup wrote: »
    Demand exceeds supply. Normally that would drive prices up. ADs are not allowed to sell above RRP so they do the next best thing which is to force you to buy some extra stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭893bet

Yup. Forget a “sports” Patek from an AD unless you are a massive spender. Can’t remember what Keanes said when I thought I was in with a chance (as they tried to get me buy some omega LE’s) but it was something like “the last aquanaut went to some one who has bought 5 other Patek here over the last few years”. So that’s what you are up against. Same for Steel Daytona.

I got my second hand on TZ off probably the only member of the site that I would have been willing to BT such a sum of € with no comeback before them posting the watch to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm debating selling my Citizen JP-3050 as tbh, whilst I do love the watch.
    I bought for diving and I'm not getting the opportunity to do that anymore.
    I know quartz goes against the grain of what many in this sub prefer, but its a dive computer as well as a time piece so I hope that earns me some leeway :)

If I was to sell, have any of the good folk here any idea what I should expect to get?
    With box but no manual?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B5zUwCYbdSXY2D3N7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm debating selling my Citizen JP-3050 as tbh, whilst I do love the watch.
    I bought for diving and I'm not getting the opportunity to do that anymore.
    I know quartz goes against the grain of what many in this sub prefer, but its a dive computer as well as a time piece so I hope that earns me some leeway :)

If I was to sell, have any of the good folk here any idea what I should expect to get?
    With box but no manual?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B5zUwCYbdSXY2D3N7

That's a nice piece.

470341.jpg

One of my favourite watches in my collection, I just wish it was a little bigger. It's 39mm as it is which is fine but I do tend to favour a slightly larger watch. I'm not sure whether this is the SNN079 or the SNN079P2... does anyone know what the actual difference is?

It's a simple enough watch but I like the dark brown dial (it looks black I know), the splashes of orange and the date window on the left hand side.

One of my favourite watches in my collection, I just wish it was a little bigger. It's 39mm as it is which is fine but I do tend to favour a slightly larger watch. I'm not sure whether this is the SNN079 or the SNN079P2... does anyone know what the actual difference is?
    SNN079 is the basic model designation without telling you what strap. P1 comes with a steel bracelet, P2 comes with the canvas strap.

SNN079 is the basic model designation without telling you what strap. P1 comes with a steel bracelet, P2 comes with the canvas strap.

Ah thank you, a quick Google search didn't explain it. I feel it looks better with the canvas strap than the steel one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This week I are mostly wearing...

470360.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

This week I are mostly wearing...

Lovely - similar to the Tudor Heritage Ranger I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

That Hamilton would be on the list of those I regret selling. Super comfortable and pretty much any strap goes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Pretty rare.

IMAG0382.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement