Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB360/PS3 Resident Evil 5 - XtraVision

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

€39.99 or €44.99 are both good prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Its advertised as €44.99 from Xtravision in tonight's Evening Herald

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's already on sale in GAME in Galway for 39.99 .I picked it up just there.
    :D a day early whoohooo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Picked it up in Gamestop Henry Street for 39.99 today around five - standard Xbox version. Steelbox was 49.99. Big difference over HMV next door, who had it for 52.99, and something over sixty euro for the SE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

It is €36 for the standard or €45 for special edition in Smyths with a loyality card.Special edition were sold out on both consoles in Jervis street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

What the hell? Smyths told me a week ago that standard would be 55!

I thought this strange for smyths, but wtf the depressed emo guy behind the counter must have been some bloody artard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€55 in tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Alot of people seem to have got this early in Gamestop or Game for €39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Swizz wrote: »
    Alot of people seem to have got this early in Gamestop or Game for €39.99

Got it myself yesterday (12th) in Gamestop for €39.99 (don't know if the limited version is worth the extra €10??). Guy said it was released a day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Plascebo wrote: »
    Got it myself yesterday (12th) in Gamestop for €39.99 (don't know if the limited version is worth the extra €10??). Guy said it was released a day early.

€39.99 is the magic price so. Passed xtravision this morning, same there, same in Game... hmm... Price fixing you say ;) j/k

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

What the hell? Smyths told me a week ago that standard would be 55!

I thought this strange for smyths, but wtf the depressed emo guy behind the counter must have been some bloody artard!

The RRP is €54.99 but I believe Smyths have now price dropped to €39.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

It's listed at 39.99€ on their site:

http://www.toys.ie/RESIDENT-EVIL-5-X360-!G00344-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=67fb8222-54f8-4a5f-9e84-46f3b7f8f374
    The RRP is €54.99 but I believe Smyths have now price dropped to €39.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

i prebooked this game and it actually cost 45 euros in total not 39.99 as advertised. Also when i pre-booked it i saw a sign in the store saying prebook RE5 and get 5 euros worth of rental vouchers. When i came in to pick up the game, i reminded the staff about the vouchers thing and she just stared at me blankly. I wasn't having any of it, so she checked all the documents lying around at the desk for the promotion information and then the system and then finally made a phone call keeping me waiting for 15 mins. i eventually got the vouchers but knowing that the game was 39.99 in Game and the hassle with getting the vouchers means i'll never buy any games in xtravision ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

The €39.99 deal was just for the week-end in Smyths its back up to €45 and €55 now.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The €39.99 deal was just for the week-end in Smyths its back up to €45 and €55 now.

€49.99 and €54.99 if you follow the link quoted on page behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Price is still the €39.99 and €49.99 in Xtravision. Until Friday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

bada_bing wrote: »
    i prebooked this game and it actually cost 45 euros in total not 39.99 as advertised. Also when i pre-booked it i saw a sign in the store saying prebook RE5 and get 5 euros worth of rental vouchers. When i came in to pick up the game, i reminded the staff about the vouchers thing and she just stared at me blankly. I wasn't having any of it, so she checked all the documents lying around at the desk for the promotion information and then the system and then finally made a phone call keeping me waiting for 15 mins. i eventually got the vouchers but knowing that the game was 39.99 in Game and the hassle with getting the vouchers means i'll never buy any games in xtravision ever again.

Which Xtravision in Lucan? Was it the one beside Tescos? or Ballyowen?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

it was the one in ballyowen, lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

I pre ordered my res evil 5 from gamestop 6 weeks before the release date and was told the special ed was going to be €49.99 back then so it doesnt seem as if xtravision are beating the competition on the value front.
    Also having completed the game i have to admit being slightly disappointed with it. don't like the zombie types and miss some classics like the hunters.

Advertisement