Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB360/PS3 Resident Evil 5 - XtraVision

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

why are they selling a release game so cheap ( i'm not complaining) but still

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Its happening with all releases.Street fighter 4 was a similar price aswell, and you can get new pc games at under €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

titan18 wrote: »
    Its happening with all releases.Street fighter 4 was a similar price aswell, and you can get new pc games at under €30

SF IV was below the normal RRP everywhere for some reason, so could be had for cheap from most places. Think the RRP was £39.99 instead of the usual £44.99

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Kenno90 wrote: »
    why are they selling a release game so cheap ( i'm not complaining) but still

Lots of reasons.

Mainly we were being ripped off for years. A film that costs more to make than a game retails for 12 euro new on DVD, the RRP of a 360/Ps3 game was about 70 euro!

There's a far bigger market for games now so they cna sell them cheaper - economies of scale.

The recession is a factor also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Gears 2 was €40 too when it came out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Still payed 60€ for my copy of Killzone2. Worth every cent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Xtra Vision is actually becoming a good source to buy major releases from :O
    First Gears 2 for €39.99 now this! Whats the world coming to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

It also doesn't help that RE5 is fairly crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

LD 50 wrote: »
    It also doesn't help that RE5 is fairly crap.

What are you baseing that on... the demo? Most of the reviews coming out are 9/10...

IGN
    Gamespot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brilliant, I know where I'm going.

Steelbook version really isn't worth an extra €10 for a "making of" dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I know where I'm heading at lunch time, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

jayteecork wrote: »
    A film that costs more to make than a game retails for 12 euro new on DVD, the RRP of a 360/Ps3 game was about 70 euro!

Apples and oranges: there's a far bigger market for dvds than games (at least 10 times larger), so they can sell them much cheaper. That and a film should have already recouped most of its cost in the box office before the dvd even hits the shelves.

Still, good price on Resi 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I know where I'm heading at lunch time, thanks OP

It's not out until Friday.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Ok this is me being very smart here but could the OP provide a source.

We just rang Xtravision in Blanchardstown who told us the price was not set yet. We then rang on their advice head office and spoke to a lady in the games department who also said price had not been set yet. On both cases we mentioned the €39.99 price and were told it was first they heard of it.

I'm not accusing anyone of lying btw - maybe its a hush hush promotion but it's a fantastic price for a bricks and mortar store assuming it turns out to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

flynner13 wrote: »
    What are you baseing that on... the demo? Most of the reviews coming out are 9/10...

IGN
    Gamespot
    Pretty much. I know the demo isn't going to be exactly like the shipped version. but it's not gong to be a whole lot different either. It looked good, I'll give it that. But why did they make a game where you cant move and shoot at the same time, especially in this generation of consoles. And when you're surrounded by hordes of running zombies, just makes it annoying and difficult to play.
    And from what I've heard on other forums, the story is basically just a rehash of Code Veronica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Linku wrote: »
    It's not out until Friday.
    I think he's going to pre-book it

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

7/10 Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ok this is me being very smart here but could the OP provide a source.

We just rang Xtravision in Blanchardstown who told us the price was not set yet. We then rang on their advice head office and spoke to a lady in the games department who also said price had not been set yet. On both cases we mentioned the €39.99 price and were told it was first they heard of it.

I'm not accusing anyone of lying btw - maybe its a hush hush promotion but it's a fantastic price for a bricks and mortar store assuming it turns out to be correct.

I work there and looked at the price on the system on Saturday and have been telling people about it all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Bit of jealously there maybe :) , im going to pop into my local store tomorrow to pre-book :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I picked up the steelbook LE for €45 delivered from thehut with their 10% off last week :D With the long weekend ahead I wont have a chance to play
    it until next week anyhow.

No jealousy - just curiousity. As I said earlier the Blanch branch and head office both said no pricing had been set for it so I was wondering where the source was. If it's on the system at €39.99 I'm sure that's the price it is going out at and I stand by what I said - that's an unbelievable price. Smyths are still showing €54.99 on their site. We'd be nearly as better off buying off xtravision ourselves on this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

No jealousy - just curiousity. As I said earlier the Blanch branch and head office both said no pricing had been set for it so I was wondering where the source was. If it's on the system at €39.99 I'm sure that's the price it is going out at and I stand by what I said - that's an unbelievable price. Smyths are still showing €54.99 on their site. We'd be nearly as better off buying off xtravision ourselves on this one :)

I checked at work tonight, it's €44.99 on the system in my branch, tenner extra for the steel book edition.

kellsred wrote: »
    I checked at work tonight, it's €44.99 on the system in my branch, tenner extra for the steel book edition.

I doubled checked a minute ago in my branch and its still €39.99 and €49.99.

jenno86 wrote: »
    I doubled checked a minute ago in my branch and its still €39.99 and €49.99.

Possible Newspaper Headline:

"Scandal as Xtravision sets seperate prices depending on the area you live in!"

:D

Obviously don't post which branches you work in just in case the head office big brother is watching this thread ;) but I really can't see two seperate prices on Friday. Somebodys system has not updated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

kellsred wrote: »

My friend works in Xtra Vision too and said the same, 44.99 for standard

My friend works in Xtra Vision too and said the same, 44.99 for standard

€44.99 is still a good price tho, dunno whats going on with the different prices tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Not sure if they still do it, but when I worked there (like 9 years ago), some shops had lower prices if they were in a competitive area (ie if there were other video shops undercutting them across the street, head office put them on a different rate so rentals etc cost less).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I asked in my local xtravision and they don't have a price for it yet. The girl did say that they were going to have the cheapest price, though, and it could be as low as €39.99 (I didn't mention that price, so she must have heard that somewhere).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good price..

.. didn't like demo though!

Advertisement