Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I hope Khing Thai doesn't change! It was great as was. I haven't ordered in a while but it's a real treat. If they're skimping on portions now that's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Best thing to do is go on to their facebook page - they do respond very quickly I found. They always welcome feedback as everytime I put in a big order, they look after me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

squonk wrote: »
    I hope Khing Thai doesn't change! It was great as was. I haven't ordered in a while but it's a real treat. If they're skimping on portions now that's not good.

Was my 1st time in i say since june getting food but was very disappointed.Change of staff strange then the portion tiny

bigpink wrote: »
    Was my 1st time in i say since june getting food but was very disappointed.Change of staff strange then the portion tiny

Say it to them, they probably dont read boards.ie

Might give them feedback on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Had Khing Thai for lunch. Chef/owner was in the kitchen and same staff who were as nice as usual. Food was as tasty as ever and huge portions so definitely hasn't changed ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth to this thread. I read a few critical posts a while back bemoaning the overbearing service in the Hamptons. Was there for UL graduations this week and didn't experience anything of the sort. Maybe it had something to do with the place being so busy that the staff couldn't fawn on you with the faux attitude described by previous posters. In any case, I found it to be really good, food was excellent, staff were professional, pleasant, and punctual. Even though the place was unbelievably busy, we never felt rushed to eat our food, or to pay at the end - a criticism I've had in there before for Xmas parties.

le_girl wrote: »
    Had Khing Thai for lunch. Chef/owner was in the kitchen and same staff who were as nice as usual. Food was as tasty as ever and huge portions so definitely hasn't changed ownership.

Glad to hear.Dont know what happened day i went in so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Had Camille Thai for the first time today. Yum. Still love king Thai too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

vkid wrote: »
    Had Camille Thai for the first time today. Yum. Still love king Thai too

Camille is very good. I would go there above any of the other thai's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

There's a new Indian restaurant Achari upstairs beside Rios in Castletroy. Naan Breads were lovely, starting at 1.70euro which is brilliant value. The Chicken Tikka Masala was good, and they made me Saag Paneer which wasn't on the menu - that was really delicious. The korma was such a let down though, way too watery, like they had forgotten to add the ground almonds to thicken it. This was a takeaway so will mention it to them next time. At least we have a local Indian now. I'd try it again. They allow BYOB (bring your own bottle/beer).

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Are the stalls in the Urban Garden now closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,153 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tim76 wrote: »

Outside Debenham's? They were open yesterday evening

Tim76 wrote: »

They dont seem to have any regular hours
    They seem like a total waste no interest in opening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Calling that place an 'urban garden' is a bit comical or even embarrassing. It's a few fast food stalls, which is fine, but the way some people go on we have some kind of beautiful, tranquil, landscaped wonderland ... outside Penney's.

Limerick's real urban garden is surely that City of Culture project up on Thomas Street. That was really great, and something this city could be proud of.

They dont seem to have any regular hours
    They seem like a total waste no interest in opening

sounds like another place we all know and love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

zulutango wrote: »
    Limerick's real urban garden is surely that City of Culture project up on Thomas Street. That was really great, and something this city could be proud of.

Does this space get used anymore? I always pass it and think it looks lovely. I wonder can anyone use it for an event or who runs it now?

That fenced off overgrown corner by Cornstone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Garden Wars!

That fenced off overgrown corner by Cornstone?

That's the one. It's overgrown because the Council didn't want to keep the project going. I was surprised because Paul O'Connell said it was his favourite city of culture project, and the council staff usually fawn all over him.

• Advertisement

Sure it will build on soon i bet

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

zulutango wrote: »
    That's the one. It's overgrown because the Council didn't want to keep the project going. I was surprised because Paul O'Connell said it was his favourite city of culture project, and the council staff usually fawn all over him.

Now the City of Culture bid is dead in the water I fear neglect will the order of the day from LCCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Planning on going to Camille Thai this evening....will have a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old with us.....is the restaurant suitable for those ages (will need a high chair and a bit of room for foostering)?

We'll have our own food for the young fella and the 4 yr old will eat pretty much anything so should be ok on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Planning on going to Camille Thai this evening....will have a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old with us.....is the restaurant suitable for those ages (will need a high chair and a bit of room for foostering)?

We'll have our own food for the young fella and the 4 yr old will eat pretty much anything so should be ok on that front.

You won't have any trouble with the kids, you may have to share a long bench but it's a noisy enough place so you don't need to worry about keeping them quiet, within reason obviously. The food is really good as well, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Any recommendations for carvery lunch in city centre on weekdays?

Costelloe's on Dominic Street used do a very good carvery for about 10 euro. Not sure if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Smyths / icon actually do a pretty decent carvery (if you are looking for roast meat, some of the other dishes they offer can be a bit hit and miss).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Bobby Byrnes on O'Connell Ave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Funky donut.. Really good donuts! Nice coffee. 5er for both..

Nom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Have to disagree Benny overpriced and nothing special and the worst coffee on that street

Advertisement