Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Interpol Album In The Works!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

It was very generic,lacked the inititial depth that made them stand out in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

20 November - Interpol look set to have a new album out early next year.

It's the follow-up to 2007's 'Our Love To Admire' and the group's fourth studio album.

In an interview, the band's drummer said its sound is a return to that of their debut album Turn On The Bright Lights.

:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/news_in_brief.shtml#story4

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Blackpitts wrote: »
    20 November - Interpol look set to have a new album out early next year.

It's the follow-up to 2007's 'Our Love To Admire' and the group's fourth studio album.

In an interview, the band's drummer said its sound is a return to that of their debut album Turn On The Bright Lights.

:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/news_in_brief.shtml#story4

Yeeeees. Great news. Interesting about them returning to the sound in the first album. I mean I don't think they've radically changed their sound over three albums.

Sútalún wrote: »
    Yeeeees. Great news. Interesting about them returning to the sound in the first album. I mean I don't think they've radically changed their sound over three albums.

+1.
    and i don't understand why people is disappointed in OLTA, it was a great album IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Great news! :D Might get around to touring the album in the summer then you's reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I love Interpol and as someone who liked to think they could do no wrong I was underwhelmed with OLTA but I tried to convince myself that I wasn't. I love Pioneer, No I in threesome, Pace is the Trick etc but the latter half is quite weak. The album starts to lose me at All Fired Up, not to say that every song after it is bad.

Delighted to hear Sam sounding enthused about the new material and as much as they haven't lost their sound in the years, I am excited that TOTBL will be the direction. It doesn't so much have to sound like them days of Interpol but that album and that era (B-sides) they were tighter musicians and everything was a little more intricate than the later albums. If anything their progression from here was a more commercial version of their sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

I'd consider myself a huge Interpol fan (broke, years ago I had to decide between seeing Har Mar Superstar in Whelans and Interpol, playing around the same time, think it was the Village. On account of not having heard TOTBL I chose Har Mar. I still look back with regret...)

In relation to OLTA - It's got great songs on it but is less than the sum of it's parts. Some songs fit, others don't. If it was made by anyone else I'd say it was a very good album but Interpol have set the bar so high with the previous two, I was left a little underwhelmed. Certainly not a bad or average album but not their best effort. Some individually brilliant songs on it.

Can't wait for a new one though.

Advertisement