Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Obama a Alien?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

6th wrote: »
    Theres an off topi thread if you want to get yore trek on.

Based on the definitions of 'topi' and 'yore' that sentence actually reads as:

"Theres an off Saharan antelope thread if you want to get the expedition of old activated." :pac:

I'm sorry 6th but its hard to re-rail a de-railing train that should have never left the station in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well the OPs question seems to be: How do you decide which CTs to believe?

My answer would be: By looking at the basis of the idea and any possible sources which may or may not tlend credence to them.

Seems like a genuine question which he unfortunately went the wrong way about asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spirtus09

John Galt wrote: »
    Well, is he?

No you say? Why the fcuk not?

Hi all I only signed up tonight

The answer to your question is no he's not an alien.
    He's a puppet,a front man who is good at reading an autocue.

Well the OPs question seems to be: How do you decide which CTs to believe?

Is this not a complete deviation from the title and question posed in the initial post?

You gave him the oppurtunity to flesh out the question.

He fails to do so here by asking us to flesh out why its not true.
    JohnGalt wrote: »
    Why do you reject this conspiracy theory? How do you know that this is not true?

He fails to do so here by asking a completley different question to what he originally proposed.
    JohnGalt wrote: »
    Similarly how do you know conspiracy theories which you do believe in are true? What is your standard of evidence? Have you considered Occams razor? Just wondering?

Derailed.

His original post was an attempt to get people to say its rubbish so that he could ask why thats rubbish and all the other stuff isnt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

His original post was an attempt to get people to say its rubbish so that he could ask why thats rubbish and all the other stuff isnt?

If so, then isn't this basically the same as the "What is your conspiracy thinking" thread thing thats recently been started?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

YES, he is an illegal alien.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What?

Anyway, more importantly, is the new charter extinct, is it a CT?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

• Claims, Evidence, Proof
    If you are stating something as fact please post your sources or any relevant links/info. Doing so will strengthen your point. Where someone states something as their opinion it is just that, an opinion. Asking "why" they believe something if fine, demanding proof/evidence is not.

• Making the natives restless
    This is a catch-all rule for general trolling, bitching and similar. Posting in a manner purely to get a reaction from someone will not be tolerated. If a moderator feels that said poster is doing this intentionally or is the cause of the mess, then the poster can and will be infracted and/or banned. This rule will hopefully put an end to the bitching going on in here of late.

IMO, FAIL on those 2 points.

This crap doesn't help if CT wants to be taken seriously.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    This crap doesn't help if CT wants to be taken seriously.

Thats exactly my concern. Again I reiterate that a question is not a theory.

• Advertisement

And not a single post reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

And a bit less of the back-seat modding, please[\b]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement