Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is conpiracy thinking for you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

K-9 wrote: »
    Shockingly, Bill says that too.

I suppose even Bill has his supporters.

No he doesn't.
    He spews all the brainwashing and government agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

mysterious wrote: »
    No he doesn't.
    He spews all the brainwashing and government agendas.

:D I actually don't know if you're talking about Bill or Alex there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I would say the reason I think as I do is by nature I'm a very curious person.
    I'm not happy with "this is the news" and thats that.There is always something else involved and I want to know what it is.

I feel if you try chase the information your not getting, it's a great quality to possess.You become more intune and clued in to past and present events.
    Most people don't know how world war 2 started, I do, and I know alot more than what has been included in the history books. That makes me feel at ease in some ways.

Obviously knowing alot more information than most people has it's downside. Most often the information is negative. I tend to try find out the positive side of things aswell, find some balance.But what conspiracy do you know that has a happier or contrasting ending?

Like most of you I enjoy reading and finding things out :)

Very nice thread subject by the way!

Well, speaking for myself, I don't completely agree with Bill O' Reilly. Just as I'm sure people on 'the other side of the coin' don't completely agree with everything Alex Jones says. But we just sit on the same side of the fence as them.

What do you agree with him on.
    I'm nether left or right. Bill is an idiot literally whether your right wing or let or in the middle plain and simple. He is dsyfunciontional.

He behaves like a lost child who had is childhood and has remained bitter since.
    . It seems that whenever anything happens, conspiracy theorists will claim its all part of the NWOs plans for.. etc, with no real basis, just loads of hearsay and conjecture.

Now that's bull. NWO is not conspiracy. its fact, the global elites speak of it now. It has been the elites plan since the beginning of power.

there are thousands of conspiracies that have no connection with NWO, and yet there are many for it. So what. It doesn't ridicule the theory whatseover. To say something like this as your evidence, is just plain daft.
    Personally, I love conspiracy theories which give rise to great discussions using logic, facts and evidence. But some of the ones I've seen on these boards are just ridiculous
    Just because YOU think so, doesn't mean for a fact that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well, speaking for myself, I don't completely agree with Bill O' Reilly.

Strangely enough, despite the war mongering etc., he does publicise scandals particularly on Wall Street.
    It seems that whenever anything happens, conspiracy theorists will claim its all part of the NWOs plans for.. etc, with no real basis, just loads of hearsay and conjecture.

The part that confuses me is: the same Neo Cons in Washington who are part of the NWO, oppose the EU and the Lisbon Treaty, another part of the NWO.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

:D I actually don't know if you're talking about Bill or Alex there

Funny part others will know :P

What do you agree with him on.
    I'm nether left or right.

I'm not going to start discussing stuff like that. Thats not what this thread is about.
    Bill is an idiot literally whether your right wing or let or in the middle plain and simple. He is dsyfunciontional.

And like I said, I feel the same way about Alex Jones. Yes. I feel. This is my opinion of him.
    Now that's bull. NWO is not conspiracy. its fact, the global elites speak of it now. It has been the elites plan since the beginning of power.

there are thousands of conspiracies that have no connection with NWO, and yet there are many for it. So what. It doesn't ridicule the theory whatseover. To say something like this as your evidence, is just plain daft.

Again, I'm not going to discuss something like this here. Theres dedicated NWO threads for discussion like this. But to be honest, since I don't believe in an NWO, I feel no desire to post in them.

I never said it was a fact. I stated many times in that post that it was what I believe. What I personally think. And as I said before, I'm sure other people believe different. There is no need to get so defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd say this straight back to you. So much of what you say about others applies to you. I admire that you believe what you do with such vigor but you take it to the level where anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

6th wrote: »
    I'd say this straight back to you. So much of what you say about others applies to you.

Noticed that part myself.

Mysterious has his intuition though, better than mine or yours.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I definitely don't agree will Bill O'Reilly. But I don't believe that he's trying to brainwash or indoctrinate anyone. He's just a terrible excuse for a journalist. But there's no reason to assume malevolence with incompetence will do.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    I definitely don't agree will Bill O'Reilly. But I don't believe that he's trying to brainwash or indoctrinate anyone. He's just a terrible excuse for a journalist. But there's no reason to assume malevolence with incompetence will do.

He has his agenda, same as Alex. He gets highly paid and gets huge viewing figures.

Do I think he believes everything he says? Doubtful.

Is there no merit to everything he says? Doubtful.

Personally, I think he is more into viewing figures than anything else. He pays too much attention to other channels and reporters for my liking, which is were I caught onto him.

Is Fox bad? Haven't watched it since the election, but there are some genuine reporters and journalists on it. The ones you don't see on Bill are usually not bad.

There's a nice few blondes on it too!

If you want seriously biased, no excuses journalists, watch Hannitty!

Colmes does a decent job given the circumstances and I love the laughs from the Studio when Colmes scores one on Hanratty. Shows it's pure entertainment, not a show to be taken seriously.

You can tell the producers hate him.

He has his agenda, same as Alex. He gets highly paid and gets huge viewing figures.

Do I think he believes everything he says? Doubtful.

Is there no merit to everything he says? Doubtful.

Personally, I think he is more into viewing figures than anything else. He pays too much attention to other channels and reporters for my liking, which is were I caught onto him.

Is Fox bad? Haven't watched it since the election, but there are some genuine reporters and journalists on it. The ones you don't see on Bill are usually not bad.

There's a nice few blondes on it too!

If you want seriously biased, no excuses journalists, watch Hannitty!

Colmes does a decent job given the circumstances and I love the laughs from the Studio when Colmes scores one on Hanratty. Shows it's pure entertainment, not a show to be taken seriously.

You can tell the producers hate him.
    Well the only American news agency I pay attention to is the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.
    So most of my knowledge of American news agencies comes from them.

Well the only American news agency I pay attention to is the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.
    So most of my knowledge of American news agencies comes from them.

They have agendas too. Every news agency has an agenda.

They have agendas too. Every news agency has an agenda.

Yes Stephen Colbert's agenda is to fight for truthiness!

Yes Stephen Colbert's agenda is to fight for truthiness!

IYO.

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

it is a sad reflection on the world we live in and our media when the only thing that most of the skeptics and Truthers agree on is that the best news coverage is on Comedy Central

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The whole US media industry is set up to indoctrinate people, theres a quote from way back in 1908 or some such date from one of the architects of the PR industry about this. He may well set out to indoctrinate people, if only out of a misplaced sense of righteousness,. If he isn't consciously doing it then the institution he inhabits has instilled the practice into him like second nature.

The whole US media industry is set up to indoctrinate people, theres a quote from way back in 1908 or some such date from one of the architects of the PR industry about this. He may well set out to indoctrinate people, if only out of a misplaced sense of righteousness,. If he isn't consciously doing it then the institution he inhabits has instilled the practice into him like second nature.
    If you're going with a definition like that any statement of opinion or fact is an attempt at indoctrination.

Fox news isn't trying to indoctrinate people, it's doing the opposite. It's pandering to a base.

it is a sad reflection on the world we live in and our media when the only thing that most of the skeptics and Truthers agree on is that the best news coverage is on Comedy Central

:eek:

99% of human beings are followers.
    It's no surprise.

Alex jones, is smart with his stuff, but he isn't that clear headed imo. But he is nothing like Bill O Reilly.

Alex jones, reads stuff, listens to people. and I know by how he projects himselfs and comes across. He knows what hes talking about, and he does his research. He speaks his mind. He is true to himself. I'm not saying everything he says is right or wrong. Just before people want to get into silly "he said but he said with me"

Bill O Rielly is a nothing like this. He is a man that loathes himself into scandals and controversary for entertainment. Bill O Rielly doesn't have awarness, you don't need awareness on fox news. Fox news, just say bomb and your hired

Alex jones does things for passion.
    I'm getting my conclusions as a balanced opinion. I don't actually follow either of them. I don't watch T.V. But they are not simalar whatsoever.
    People are rediculing Alex jones because he like C.Ts. thats not rediculous, what is redicolous is people having issues with it. It triggers stuff in them, when they see someone questioning reality.

Bill O reilly dones't questions, he is stuck in the 1960s and think everyone is out to get America, and that muslims want to take their freedoms.

If you're going with a definition like that any statement of opinion or fact is an attempt at indoctrination.

Fox news isn't trying to indoctrinate people, it's doing the opposite. It's pandering to a base.

Are you taking the piss
    The American media do it all the time.

It's how Obama got in. You obviously don't see how right wing and left wing work. They work together. They do reverse psycology, they do victim roles, bully roles, distraction from the victim roles, attraction to the victim/bully roles.

They steer attention to one thing, and invoke the people's reaction
    They steer attention to the other side, to make sure people don't react to another aspect.

I'm telling you they have mastered this.
    They use certain words, phrases all the time.
    They respeat words, as repeating things enough makes people believe.

Fox news even helped Obama to get in ;)

I can't believe in 2009 people are thinking this is not the case:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mysterious, other peoples "opinions" carry as much weight as your "opinions" do.
    Mysterious, other peoples "opinions" carry as much weight as your "opinions" do.

Seriously, you state everything as FACT but if you cant back it up with hard facts you cant expect people to put any faith in it. You believe what you do purely because of your life experiences, if others have not had the same experiences how do you expect them to come to the same conclusion as you?

6th wrote: »

Seriously, you state everything as FACT but if you cant back it up with hard facts you cant expect people to put any faith in it. You believe what you do purely because of your life experiences, if others have not had the same experiences how do you expect them to come to the same conclusion as you?

Of course I agree. I didnt say it was fact.

But if you actually see what I said, and take it on board, and go watch fox news, and see if what I said holds true, I'm sure it will be clear to you.

They will repeat and drum reptitions. in order to indoctrinate the viewer's thinking. It's no secret of opinion. I also assummed that most people would know this already. This isn't life experience, this is just someone having awareness and cop on.

6th I'm perfectly ok, with someone dissagreeing with me. I've learned that some people will hate you no matter what when you give an opinion. It doesn't bother me. If I give a fact I will back it up. But alot of the time I do talk about experiences, I don't expect everyone to believe them or take it as fact. i like to talk about many aspects to many topics. Not just fact fact fact. Facts are very important. But not everything in life is fact or proven.

Of course I agree. I didnt say it was fact.

But if you actually see what I said, and take it on board, and go watch fox news, and see if what I said holds true, I'm sure it will be clear to you.

They will repeat and drum reptitions. in order to indoctrinate the viewer's thinking. It's no secret of opinion.

6th I'm perfectly ok, with someone dissagreeing with me. I've learned that some people will hate you no matter what when you give an opinion. It doesn't bother me.

Bill O'Reilly is not always wrong either. He does ask questions, maybe not the type you like? But he does.

I don't like the guy but he does expose scandals. Fair enough, they tend to be Democratic scandals! :cool:

Which means we need him more now to keep the Democrats on their toes.

Bill O'Reilly is not always wrong either. He does ask questions, maybe not the type you like? But he does.

I don't like the guy but he does expose scandals. Fair enough, they tend to be Democratic scandals! :cool:

Which means we need him more now to keep the Democrats on their toes.

It this stuff, that is like junk to the mind.
    But I do agree with you on what you said. But honestly do you think all these scandals and trivial REP vs DEM nonsense is good for us to watch and retain.

I think not

Are you taking the piss
    The American media do it all the time.
    Example?
    It's how Obama got in. You obviously don't see how right wing and left wing work. They work together. They do reverse psycology, they do victim roles, bully roles, distraction from the victim roles, attraction to the victim/bully roles.
    So they work together despite the fact they have completely different goals?
    Why would they need to do "reverse psychology" if they control the media?
    They steer attention to one thing, and invoke the people's reaction
    They steer attention to the other side, to make sure people don't react to another aspect.
    Yea you do know if a journalist purposefully tries to evoke an emotion to sway opinion it's not journalism? In fact it's kinda what your doing in those long rambly posts.
    I'm telling you they have mastered this.
    They use certain words, phrases all the time.
    Like?

Fox news even helped Obama to get in ;)
    Cause it had nothing to do with his election positions or the disillusion with the republican party?
    I can't believe in 2009 people are thinking this is not the case:rolleyes:
    Might be because you offer a really bad argument for it.

It this stuff, that is like junk to the mind.
    But I do agree with you on what you said. But honestly do you think all these scandals and trivial REP vs DEM nonsense is good for us to watch and retain.

I think not

Didn't say that.

O'Reilly exposes some scandals and cheats. Is that a bad thing?

Didn't say that.

O'Reilly exposes some scandals and cheats. Is that a bad thing?

No but, from my perspective, this is how fox projects itself.

Does and shows bad examples, gives bad examples of other people, other topics, other countries.

It's not a bad thing to show a scandal. But for a news network, to put all it's energy to focus, on showing bad things doing bad things, projecting bad things, opening rumours, stirring rumours and of this kind

Tells me alot about fox and not just about the scandals.

It's like a person who spread rumours all the time. They say bad stuff about people all the time, people never percieve or see their own demons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Soooooooooooooooo...No skeptics prepared to show their hand and say what conspiracy thinking means to them? Nobody?

Do I believe everything the government says? Of course not. I rarely pay any heed to whatever warmongering either side is blabbering on about. But (and this ties into what the thread is about) I don't believe in the vast majority of conspiracy theories. It seems that whenever anything happens, conspiracy theorists will claim its all part of the NWOs plans for.. etc, with no real basis, just loads of hearsay and conjecture.

Personally, I love conspiracy theories which give rise to great discussions using logic, facts and evidence. But some of the ones I've seen on these boards are just ridiculous

Already have SKG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Soooooooooooooooo...No skeptics prepared to show their hand and say what conspiracy thinking means to them? Nobody?

Well to be honest I have no set view. I think a lot of it has to do with peoples place in the world and how they feel about it. Sometimes people feel somewhat helpless in our modern world and this reflects in the need to believe, even when evidence to the contrary is shown. Personally I look at each item in here or the news stories I read or whatever and see what I think at the time. It varies but what doesn't vary is I'm not going to believe what someone tells me just cause they say it's true, they need to prove it to at least some degree. And the most tenuous of connections just don't cut it.

I was on the receiving end of a malicious story when I was younger, someone thought it would be very funny to tell everyone something completely untrue about me. It amazed me at the time just how willing people were to believe almost anything especially if its bad. So I got years of **** from people I didn't even know for something that I had nothing to do with whatsoever. I know people lie, I know only too well, I know they lie for many different reasons and I don't make assumptions about it.

I'm seen as debunker here by some I'm sure but all I want is logic and evidence and generally that is supplied by the 'debunkers'. Personally I'd call them and myself sceptics in that we are not so predisposed to having a side by our personalities we just hopefully follow the evidence.

That okay?

Advertisement