Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is conpiracy thinking for you?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

gnostic inititiate thinking?a simplified world conclusion to cultural phonemena? A personal quest for the truth? A platform for ignorance and xenophobia? Radical thinking? A mission for change? An outlet for no-nothing losers? well you get the message.

For me its just a game of whodunnit, but I am not looking for right or wrong answers, just trying to obtain a consensus as I am now unsure myself. It was my understanding that conspiracy theories by their definition were outlandish and the subject of ridicule. Therefore the strength of accusations are on the level of a childs and pretty equal in terms of offence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Interesting thread, was thinking of this myself. I think its sometimes like roleplaying, to add some excitement to life. You have the invisible bad guys and one adopts the role of the truth finder on a quest to discover the truth in a world which is not as it seems but more fantastical beneath the mundane veneer.

One commendable thing about the conspiracy mindset is the absolute rejection of authority in its mostly unjustified forms. Many people are just happy to go along with the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

Personally speaking 'conspiracy thinking' is not taking things at face value simply because you've been told its true.

The key to success is to also apply that to each conspiracy theory you encounter or rationale just goes out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Or as the fellah said '' the truth ? ......you cant handle the truth '' .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Conspiracy thinking? Asking questions, seeking the truth. Unfortunately the truth may be so deeply suppressed that the task is impossible. It's an examination into the status quo, into society, politics... for me; a fascinating hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

The thirst for knowledge,

The desire to find the truth and get to the root, of anything holds deception.

My ultimate goal, is for wisdom and knowledge that was all lost, be given back to we the people. I also wish to have the world become more stable and more balanced. I believe each human being, should seek what they desire, and find out what they are and who they are and why they do the things they do. We are here to bee and here to change and be the best we can be.

The world right now, is not in good hands, So I will challenge these aspects in whatever means possible.

Things are manifesting as I speak such claims. ;)
    Thats my two cents.

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    Or as the fellah said '' the truth ? ......you cant handle the truth '' .

Oh there is still to many of them around.

You actually have to build walls around them, they come screaming for answers, and when you tell them, they go nuts, this is nuts, say they're nuts, and say your nuts.

So what can ya do

I have being asking myself that question for many years now 'who am I ( really) why am I here ,what is my destiny ,purpose in life ? .;)

Truth is what some people want to believe at any particular time ,somtimes without any evidence to back up what they believe to be the truth .That is fact .

The Nazi gobbells said '' tell the people something a lot , many times over and eventually will believe it to be the truth '' .

The Nazi gobbells said '' tell the people something a lot , many times over and eventually will believe it to be the truth '' .

Nazis did technique alot,
    Bush used this aswell
    You keeping saying the word "terror" people actually believe in it. Running around screaming that muslims are out to get them

it's the same as the news
    Fox news repeat all the time. its they run on forever life batteries.

Though having said all this Bill O Reilly is an idiot even if he doesn't repeat.He thinks hes a big man, with his mouth, but 85% he mouths off about are woman.

God that station is laughing stock, classic nazis brainwashing on that.

Americana speak such as you find on fox news can be scary .Like bad hollywood movies so many americans belive is actually happening ,like they are expecting Bruch Willis to come save the world ...again.

I haven't looked on fox news for well over a year now .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Americana speak such as you find on fox news can be scary .Like bad hollywood movies so many americans belive is actually happening ,like they are expecting Bruch Willis to come save the world ...again.

I haven't looked on fox news for well over a year now .

Don't knock it. Bill is the best comedian on TV by far. Their Iraq coverage is class.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Don't knock it. Bill is the best comedian on TV by far. Their Iraq coverage is class.
    I will look in again so ,for the right reasons you mention of course :cool:

A comedian are you taking the piss.

He is stupid.
    He is so thick, that he won't even get a heart attack without finishing his sentence. He is like one of those boys who never grew up and sat at the back class and shout abuse at someone, when the teacher came after him, he would cry like a baby.

Seriously what's funny about him.
    He is sitting on a T.V screen all day, sitting on a chair, going "man I'll kick hiss ass, I'll beat him down, I will take him down"

Did he get a heart attack yet?
    K9 please tell me you realise that what they say about Iraq and Iran is completely nonsense.

A comedian seriously, if he is funny is A full grown man, bashing woman insults all the tme funny?

P.S I don't watch fox news, they remind me of scientologist when they go whacko.

mysterious wrote: »
    A comedian are you taking the piss.

He is stupid.
    He is so thick, that he won't even get a heart attack without finishing his sentence. He is like one of those boys who never grew up and sat at the back class and shout abuse at someone, when the teacher came after him, he would cry like a baby.

Seriously what's funny about him.
    He is sitting on a T.V screen all day, sitting on a chair, going "man I'll kick hiss ass, I'll beat him down, I will take him down"

Did he get a heart attack yet?
    K9 please tell me you realise that what they say about Iraq and Iran is completely nonsense.

A comedian seriously, if he is funny is A full grown man, bashing woman insults all the tme funny?

P.S I don't watch fox news, they remind me of scientologist when they go whacko.

Would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You should watch the David Letterman interview.

David was classic:D
    It shows you that
    Bill is either plain dumb, or hes really smart trying to suck people into this war crap.

One of the most classic hypocritical statements ever by him
    "it's not so black and white Dave" On the war of course.

Yet everything he spews is black and white.
    We are good they are bad
    They are stupid, we are smart.
    They are wrong, we are right
    They can't have nucs, we can
    Israel is white light, Iran satans ass.
    When America goes to war, saves the day
    When another country goes to war, theya re terrorists.

He talks like a zebra.

The final nail in the coffin to me,
    "Is we need to win the war" If I hear anyone say this crap. I automatically assume they are not that bright.

The only way I'd respect this man, if he actually STFU up fought these wars, he bitches about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

He's really dumb, heres an example, you can clearly see the intellectually superiority of Dawkins, its unusual because its so obvious

He basically has to be rude, in order to dissagree with him

As a professional and a newscaster, it does show how stupid he is:rolleyes:. Like I know we all can all have strong opinions. But on a professional flatform you have to put your personal stuff aside, and do the job.

I'm shocked people watch fox news. Children behave better than they do.

I really hate that guy. Dawkins reactions are classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,468 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You should watch the David Letterman interview.

David was classic:D
    It shows you that
    Bill is either plain dumb, or hes really smart trying to suck people into this war crap.

One of the most classic hypocritical statements ever by him
    "it's not so black and white Dave" On the war of course.

Yet everything he spews is black and white.
    We are good they are bad
    They can't have nucs, we can
    Israel is white light, Iran satans ass.
    When America goes to war, saves the day
    When another country goes to war, theya re terrorists.

He talks like a zebra.

The final nail in the coffin to me,
    "Is we need to win the war" If I hear anyone say this crap. I automatically assume they are not that bright.

The only way I'd respect this man, if he actually STFU up fought these wars, he bitches about.

I feel the same way about Alex Jones

Burn. Can't honestly say I 'hate' the guy though.

Alex jones is nothing like this guy. get real.

Alex jones studies the grey areas.

Bill O reilly is a an idiot. A pawn for the right wing agenda.

• Advertisement

Alex jones is nothing like this guy. get real.

Alex jones studies the grey areas.

Bill O reilly is a an idiot. A pawn for the right wing agenda.

I agree. Alex Jones at the very least has good intentions at heart. Bill is just a text book asshole.

Alex Jones:

Everything he spews is black and white.
    Conspiracy Theorists are good, the Governments are bad

Well wake up and smell the coffee.

Governments is not is all is cracked up to be:rolleyes:. Yes governments are bad, giive them enough power and they will turn bad.

Bill O Rielly just says things are good and bad, to suit the media spewing.

Alex jones doesn't speak like that, seriously. He studies and researches. Bill is in a league of his own. Comparing him To Bill O Reilly Is like comparing cars to bananas. this has to be up their with one of the most stupid comparisons I've ever read. You can't compare Bill to anyone.

He is so thick, fox news even setted up on the *do it live stint"
    He bitches about someone every 6.8seconds to according to many sources.

Well wake up and smell the coffee.

Governments is not is all is cracked up to be:rolleyes:. Yes governments are bad, giive them enough power and they will turn bad.

Bill O Rielly just says things are good and bad, to suit the media spewing.

Alex jones doesn't speak like that, seriously. He studies and researches. Bill is in a league of his own. Comparing him To Bill O Reilly Is like comparing cars to bananas. this has to be up their with one of the most stupid comparisons I've ever read. You can't compare Bill to anyone.

He is so thick, fox news even setted up on the *do it live stint"
    He bitches about someone every 6.8seconds to according to many sources.

I'm entitled to my opinions. I believe the guy is a trash-spouting idiot who gives questions rather than answers and complains when they aren't answered. You obviously believe different. Lets leave it at that and not go down that road

Alex is Bill O'Reilly for sceptics.

I Suppose if you are a CT'er, you mighn't see it.

Exactly. We're all "sheeple" blindly following somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

That implies that skeptics agree with Bill O'Reilly.:pac:

Exactly. We're all "sheeple" blindly following somebody.

I havent read much of Alex jones stuff, but isn't he who say,s not to follow our leaders all the time.

I really think this is like comparing two totally different people.

I havent read much of Alex jones stuff, but isn't he who say,s not to follow our leaders all the time.

I really think this is like comparing two totally different people.

Shockingly, Bill says that too.

I suppose even Bill has his supporters.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    That implies that skeptics agree with Bill O'Reilly.:pac:

Well, speaking for myself, I don't completely agree with Bill O' Reilly. Just as I'm sure people on 'the other side of the coin' don't completely agree with everything Alex Jones says. But we just sit on the same side of the fence as them.

Do I believe everything the government says? Of course not. I rarely pay any heed to whatever warmongering either side is blabbering on about. But (and this ties into what the thread is about) I don't believe in the vast majority of conspiracy theories. It seems that whenever anything happens, conspiracy theorists will claim its all part of the NWOs plans for.. etc, with no real basis, just loads of hearsay and conjecture.

Personally, I love conspiracy theories which give rise to great discussions using logic, facts and evidence. But some of the ones I've seen on these boards are just ridiculous

Advertisement