Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been robbed?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭another world

That is the weirdest thing!? Why would they rob them unless they knew your prescription and had the exact same as you!

Yeah, really strange but the frames alone were worth over 300 euros :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Yeah, really strange but the frames alone were worth over 300 euros :mad:

If it makes you feel better they were probably sold for a tenner or the guy woke up the next morning and thought WTF and threw them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

rarnes1 wrote: »
    my virginity was robbed many years ago by a hideous looking creature. She violated me and stole my cherry.

It took me far, far too long to figure out what that was...

Twice in Thailand in the space of about 5 days. Neither time did I see it happen. Was carrying a drunk friend up one of the side streets at the full moon and managed to have my wallet pick pocketed (which was quite an achievement seeing as I had it in a fastened pocket :confused: so I almost take my hat of to the guy, slick. Had about €250 in it :( as well as drivers licence, Laser card and all my various other cards.

Only 5 days later our hotel room was broken into when we were out and they only took my bloody camera and my mates empty wallet. They left everything else, must have been scared off thankfully.

Madness altogether. I managed to soldier on regardless and have a great holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Someone swiped the number plates off my car which was parked in Galway city centre over a Paddies weekend 3/4 years ago. Had the Gardai at my door very early on a cold morning a couple of weeks later wondering if I had robbed a bookies somewhere in Kildare!

Also had some junky scummy bástard rob stuff out of my room. He moved in after the two girls in the house had interviewed him while I was away. (had I been there he would not have gotten inside the front door). Anyways after two weeks of this chav fúck offering us phones, CD players and any amount of other goods to buy he decided he was moving out. Came home from work on that Friday evening to be greeted by him just walking out the front door with his bag on his back. Shook my hand wished me well and took off. Went in made my dinner and crashed in front of the TV. Later that evening went up to my room and noticed a stack of my CD's were gone. Two jackets were also missing and I had a spare change bucket which I had counted and bagged the week before which contained about E500 in coppers. He took the lot! It most have weighed 6 stone. Then I thought about meeting the cnut earlier with his bag stuffed full of my stuff and he had looked me in the eye and shook my hand. He must have been laughing his hole off on the inside......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

My brother got his camera lifted in Rio, at a street party in Lapa, by some extras from City of God. I was standing beside him at the time. Happened very quickly.

I've had my car broken into a few times (Stephen's Green, Portobello) but never been mugged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead has. They took his bicycle. And it wasn't just any old bicycle. It was the best bicycle out of all the bicycles in the nearby area. It was a British Eagle mountain bike and it had 21 gears and was metallic black with beautiful strokes of silver lightly brushed through various points of the bodywork. It was an absolute work of art and every time Pighead sat on it's saddle he felt like a superhero or sometimes a cowboy.

Everybody in the village used to call Pighead "The Eagle". It was the greatest nickname a young child could ever dare to hope for. Especially considering the fact that the rest of the gang consisted of Fathead, ratface, horse(he had a ridiculously long face) and ET(extra thin).

Anyway one day "The Eagle" was gliding down to the village shop when he seen a donkey in distress in a nearby field. The poor fcuker was caught up in a load of barbed wire and was crying it's little donkey eyes out. Jumped off the bike, laid it down in the ditch and heroically strode across the field and freed the donkey from its torment. The donkey nodded as if to say "Cheers Eagle, nice one buddy"

Walked back to the ditch where the bike had been laid but it was nowhere to be seen. The bike was gone. It had been stolen. Pighead cried and cried and cried some more. Never ever got the bike back. The robbers had stolen not just a great bike but a great nickname as well. The Eagle was dead and was to be replaced by Donkey Lover.

So whats the greatest thing that the robbers have stolen from you?

did ya ride the donkey instead ?? :pac::pac::pac:

on another note: i got smacked with 2 glass bottles before... my wallet knicked but un-surprisingly they didnt take my brick of a phone... the Blockia 32-throwit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Had my white dodge viper with blue strips down it robbed.It was robbed at pre school one day.I was sickend and refused to go home and tried to fight all the kids who I suspected.

It was only a matchbox car though,and I was attending the school then.I wasent an 18 yr old fighting 4 yr old girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Pighead wrote: »
    So whats the greatest thing that the robbers have stolen from you?

My virginity. By a no-good girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wallet, train ticket, all my money, my passport and my condoms in Germany. Looking back, the condoms really annoyed me. I had a great need for them soon after.

The radio and gearstick out of my van. ****.

My bike was stolen as a kid in a park by a group of about 30 lads, with 3 of my friends bike. Got the living **** kicked out of me. Told my dad and we reported it, the cop on the desk pointed out another four similar robberies and the locations. Didn't take a genius to figure out the pattern. 5 minutes later in Crumlin I have sweet revenge, three out of four bikes back including another few which other people got back and the final understanding about why underage problem children can get away with anything.

Apparently if a 14 year old drives into a group of lads on bikes, hits them with a Tire Iron repeatedly and puts most of them in hospital he's as likely to be charged with a crime as they are for stealing the bikes. My Dad always gave great advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

When I was 14 or 15, I was walking down O'Connell Street with 2 friends and it was starting to get dark (that's when the bad people come out!).
    One of my friends lagged behind, so when turning around to see her surrounded by about 8-10 people, all about 12 year olds. Her hat was taken off her head and they were all picking on her :mad:
    So I went back and walked to the little bitch who was holding the hat and told her to give it back and stop being a ****.
    More of them appeared...there musta been about 15-20 shorter people at this stage and they enclosed in on us, then she threw the hat at me and they all ran off.
    Cue me wondering where my phone had gone to - the joke was on them though, my other friend, who stayed away from it all was carrying my bag with my new mobile phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Left my bike in college for a night, came back the next morning to find my bike gone, the chain on the floor beside where it was, and in the exact same place as where i'd left my bike, was another bike, the model just below the one i'd lost. Needless to say i took that....
    I believe we are seeing a new type of bike thief, upgraders. Pity about the chain though..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I was robbed once.
    Scored a cracking goal but it was declared offside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just the once two weeks ago in Stockholm. Left my coat in the cloakroom but being inebriated left my wallet in it and forgot to take a ticket. Anyway 30 mins later I realised my folly and went back to see if I could have it back. Anyway anyone that has been to Stockholm will know that the bouncers there aren't the friendliest. Ask for my coat back, they wouldn't give it to me then I said I'd wait til the end of the night and collect it. That got me forcibly ejected from the establishment by their biggest bald ape. Anyway next day I went back (it was minus six so I was the only idiot walking around with just a t-shirt on since I left my warm hoodie there as well) and collected my coat to find the ****ers had stolen all the money out of my wallet. Had about 200 euros worth of krona at the start of the night so just hope I drank myself to oblivion and those ****s didn't get as too much off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

One of your L plates? That's not a robbery, that's just...strange.

Strange, annoying, take your pick.

My life is riddled with incidences like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

My bag was wrenched from my shoulder by a spotty junky once outside the house I'd just bought in an "upcoming area". It had my keys in it so I had to call a locksmith. The gardai figured out who it was and I ended up in court over it and got cash back from the junkie as compensation. It was all a bit strange.

My phone has been robbed loads of times, and coats from pubs and my bag at house parties. This is all years ago, very little has been robbed from me lately. The ressesion has made me nervous though and we have started to set the alarm at night when we go to bed. We didn't do this before. My husband sets it off every morning when he goes downstairs cos he's not used to it yet. Anyway I'm going off the point now.

Advertisement