Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Real Ale fans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

oblivious wrote: »
    Unfortunately that is the down side of cask ale it take time to vent and drop bright

That may also be the down side of cask not being a regular thing here - I'm sure any cellar man across the sea worth his/her salt wouldn't have gaps like that, especially when we're talking about a ten day period.

I'm presuming they're gearing up for a full board at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

noby wrote: »
    That may also be the down side of cask not being a regular thing here - I'm sure any cellar man across the sea worth his/her salt wouldn't have gaps like that, especially when we're talking about a ten day period.

Very true, also they would usually have more than one been served by gravity or pump. But that been said I have been in plenty of places that have 2-3 hand pumps with one or two operational because a cask was still on stillage

Also what I mean that the cask was a novelty for the festival and they are never going to be like a keg that can be rapidly changed over

Advertisement