Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Anyone able to post the vids up ere...Cant access pokertube from work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

That last hand is so :eek: Durr was playing like a dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

meltzer is shocking. Hes not capable of laying down a hand. What exactly did he put durr on. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

shano_88 wrote: »
    meltzer is shocking. Hes not capable of laying down a hand. What exactly did he put durr on. Crazy stuff.

Some random bluff obv, Durrrs bluff last week on him was probably in his head, as if durrrr would ever try bluff that donk again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

lol @ Durrr calling a cold 4bet with JTo

He plays great, but that is just absurd.

i lol more @ Meltzer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Moneymaker wrote: »

considering it was the last hand and durr was stuck i though it was grand. Als, hes getting a very good price(durr made it 14 and meltzer makes it 30 total i think) in position heads up against a calling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Moneymaker wrote: »

I don't think durrrs play is absurd at all. It's his last chance to take 300bb off a huge whale, hes got position, and that guy plays so terrible its gonna be pretty easy to play against him. And he also pretty much knows what Meltzer has only got a range of 3 hands when he cold 4bets, pretty standard I think. But I really did laugh a lot at the speed of Meltzers call, one of my favourite bits of the series

I have no idea how Laak didnt cop on that he was getting squeezed continuely by Durr.

Meh minraise, ok call i suppose, but if what your saying is that he has one of 3 hands well then isnt his call on the flop not a bit stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Meh minraise, ok call i suppose, but if what your saying is that he has one of 3 hands well then isnt his call on the flop not a bit stupid?

not when KK and QQ are gonna (well should!) shut down when called and he has 5 outs and a good chance to bluff those hands out on the turn and river.

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    not when KK and QQ are gonna (well should!) shut down when called and he has 5 outs and a good chance to bluff those hands out on the turn and river.

But Meltzer is a station as seen by him calling Durrs all in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Cant believe he called with KK there. What a gift for dwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

his call with KQ against french guy was nearly worse than the KK

• Registered Users Posts: 37,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

FeetMagic wrote: »
    Cant believe he called with KK there. What a gift for dwan.
    I find it hard to believe based on the other hands he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

That call by Meltzer was shocking. What could he beat besides a stone cold bluff? If he put any thought into the situation he would have folded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The % of times Meltzer is good with this call is better against Dwan than any other player at the table. If Dwan was at it here we would be talking about what hero Meltzer was and what kind of read he must have had. Was he going with a bad read or is he a donk of the highest order. The latter me thinks.

If Dwan had not run so well all season he would have been well down IMO. Can't fault this balls of steel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Did anyone else not think Durrr's limp with the AA was really strange? Given the frequency with which he has been raising, or appears to be raising from what we are shown, surely he should just raise again. The Meltzer hand proved people were willing to pay him off light.

Maybe he knew he was going to flop top set.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

carlop wrote: »
    Did anyone else not think Durrr's limp with the AA was really strange? Given the frequency with which he has been raising, or appears to be raising from what we are shown, surely he should just raise again. The Meltzer hand proved people were willing to pay him off light.

Not really. If he raises...early position or not...his range is probably seen as being quite big and will more often than not get 4 - 6 callers with marginal hands, at this table in particular. He would obv reraise if someone raised; however if not he has not let the pot get too big out of position with a hand that is not likely to improve after the flop v 4 - 6 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Rumour has it the last hand was a plant. They decided to run it after the camera's stopped rolling and set it up that way. Both Dwan and Metzer agreed to go along with it and Dwan paid Metzer a tidy sum so that it looked like he finished up in the session.

They originally managed to keep Laak in the hand with a set of 5s but then the KK call would have looked extra horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

so your saying he should limp with big pairs all the time cuz if he raises he may get a few callers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Rumour has it the last hand was a plant. They decided to run it after the camera's stopped rolling and set it up that way. Both Dwan and Metzer agreed to go along with it and Dwan paid Metzer a tidy sum so that it looked like he finished up in the session.

They originally managed to keep Laak in the hand with a set of 5s but then the KK call would have looked extra horrific

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

zuutroy wrote: »
    link?

:)
    Flushdraw wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

Listening to the 2+2 poker cast, and they seem to be calling this the greatest ever season of HSP. Meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Suited wrote: »
    Listening to the 2+2 poker cast, and they seem to be calling this the greatest ever season of HSP. Meh..

In fairness, I thought it was pretty good, apart from that nitty session with Joe Hachem & co (up until Durr showed up). Better than last season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

who was better Dario or Eastgate! close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'll ask this question here as it was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    Is there any more episodes of the Aussie Millions Cash Game on the internet or was there no more released/made yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

I think the scenario was planned by him along side his image...if someone had raised after him, it would come back round(with possibly a few callers), then he could do his big pause, 3-bet(squeeze) and villain can easily think he's doing it light and 4-bet.

That or maybe he doesn't know how to play AA:D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Durr is a class act. He seems to do everything right. His timing, reading abilities and general poker play is impeccable IMO. He just does everything right even if it looks wrong to us it always ends up been right. AMAZING REALLY

Advertisement