If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies deal - Wireless Music Streamer - 80% off original RRP!

Options
  • 02-03-2009 4:50pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Ok Boardies - we had some fun poking around Philips main warehouse last week and I have 4 offers for you - each one is different and I will post one every day( I'm keeping the best till last).

They are:

1. A Wireless streamer (Today's offer)
    2. A Webcam
    3. A 2.1 DVD / Hifi System
    4. A Luxury top End DVD Hifi with Valve Amps and Ribbon tweeters (Y U M M Y)

These are all close-out deals and we will offer them to boardies at silly pricing.

Todays teaser is the Philips SLA5520 Wireless Audio Streamer
    See details here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sla5520_05/sla5520_05_pss_eng.pdf

We did originally sell this unit at €149.95 - We can now offer it to Boardies at just €24.99

It's £74 from Dabs and BT Direct at the moment - so €24.99 cannot be too bad??

It allows you to remotely connect to your PC and listen to music from your PC in another room by connecting the 5520 to your Hi-Fi system - you can integrate your PC into your Audio system.

You can also access internet radio with this baby even without your PC being switched on.

It looks quite sexy with blue backlit LCD display and of course it has a remote.

If you are interested in one please drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie with contact details and I'll get the lads to contact you to arrange collection or delivery.

Please note postage on this item is €7.99 - but save the charges and ... we would love to see you collect in person - either in Richer Belfast or The Philips Shop in Dublin - but item must be reserved and confirmed prior to collection!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi John,
    I will take one off your hands please......have sent you an email.
    Thanks yet again:)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

No problem - they are flying!

My email is hot at the moment - not sure if we will have enough to keep everyone happy!

Just wait until you see Wednesday & Thursday's offers.......

Thnaks as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Thanks John,

Just had Ash on to me and have one on order. Thanks for the fast, efficient service. I just might be interested in wednesdays or thursdays offer....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dublinadil

would also like one have sent email to you john

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Put me down for one I have just sent the email with my details. Great offer. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

john if i hadnt bought a sonos system recently i'd be havin one of ya..great deal yet again...bravo

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Email sent, I'd love one for my Onkyo, as FM reception is poor here. Shame there's no RM support, but WMA and MP3 will do fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

John,
    I'm late onto the thread, but fingers crossed for the streamer! I've sent you an email!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just sent an e-mail to John, hoping there's one left! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Can't really pass up the chance on one of these...sorry I didn't see this earlier. eMail sent on the off chance...

• Advertisement

Guys,

Don't worry we do have a few left in stock at this price so keep posting or emailing - when the €24.99 ones are gone we will put them up to €49.99 (still a great price) and try to make some money on them..

Wait until you see what price we will do the MCD908 at on Thursday........:D

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Just sent you a mail John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Just had my order taken by one of the guys at the Philips shop.

Thanks John - excellent price and service as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i'm looking forward to getting this i actually bought a soundbridge a few years ago and it was a toss between this (at the same price as the soundbridge) so at 24.99 its a complete steal shame i'm not in dub and not to have to pay shipping but even thats reasonable. so johnmc thanks from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Email just sent looknig for one of these.. here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

eMail sent on my end too. Finger's crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Fair play johnmc, contacted yesterday evening by Philips store Dublin then RS Belfast about picking up a unit...whilst on to Dave in Belfast, I also managed to source a pair of MS 302 rears (to complete my system). Picking them up at the w/e. Top stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I too mailed about the Philips SLA5520m €24.99 - let me know if there one left for me, thanks!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

podge3 wrote: »
    Just had my order taken by one of the guys at the Philips shop.

Thanks John - excellent price and service as usual.
    Yup, one of the lads took my order too yesterday.

I had to order two, the price was so good! :)

Look forward to receiving my parcel

Thanks again, John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

Hi John,

Any of these still available??? If so put me down for one. I will email also.

Cheers..... :-)

• Advertisement

picked mine up in Dublin yesterday great bargain!
    no problem connecting to WPA enabled network -
    Just have to get the internet radio working tonight - Philips webiste wouldn't let me configure Streamium last night after registering the product. Anybody else experience this?

pumbah wrote: »
    picked mine up in Dublin yesterday great bargain!
    no problem connecting to WPA enabled network -
    Just have to get the internet radio working tonight - Philips webiste wouldn't let me configure Streamium last night after registering the product. Anybody else experience this?

Pumbah,
    There is a decent Philips technical helpline if you have any issues - give the boys in The Philips Shop a bell and they will give you the number ( I think it's probably in the instructions anyway) if all else fails give Dave Mc a bell in Richer Belfast - he is the U L T I M A T E geek - drop me a line if yuo need his number,

Thanks again and happy streaming,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John
    Will give the line a call tomorrow if I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

just sent a mail to you about the streamer now too.

thanks to johnmc (and ashley) shipped yesterday arrived today just need to extend the wireless network (stone houses 3 foot thick stone walls) and get some speakers to run it in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi John,

Picked up the bargain streamers last night and some bargain cables for another project!

First time I was in the shop in a very long time and I have to say it looks very well, the displays are extremely sharp and well calibrated.

I was dealt with by the manager Ash, who is a thoroughly nice and professional chap, an absolute pleasure to deal with. Very good salesman too, nearly got me to part with some more money, but I ran away.

Thanks for the great deals and service.
    Majj

Guys,

Thanks for all the biz on the streamers - that's the end of the €24.99 ones however we do still have some left that I have to sell at €39.99 if anyone is interested!

Thanks again and please drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Thanks John, picked up my streamer this afternoon from The Philips Shop.
    The other special - DVD system was on display there, and I was sorely tempted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Mine was posted yesterday and arrived this morning.

Many thanks again to John Mc and Fergal/Tomas in the Philips Shop :)

• Advertisement

anyone got the internet radio working yet ? just emailed phillips

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.