Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A break - good idea bad idea?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I thing a break usually means a break up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

she said break but when i told her i dont do that, we came to the agreement of giving space until shes ready.
    maybe its possible she doesnt want out of this relationship, maybe she realises something is not right between us and we are both commited enough to solve the problem together.
    guess i have to give her space and see..

Hey OP, was in exactly the same situation, g/f traveling, didn't know what see wanted etc. At first i was really broken up, didn't know what to do, felt bad, sad, mad, etc. Anyway, after a while I realised the only thing I could do was use this time to move on. I went after girls, met up with friends, went back training, distanced myself from the girl who wanted me as her safety net.

Anyhow, after a great few months of only occasional contact, she decides she wanted to get back together with me when she returned. we're back together and I'm glad of it, but I'm certain if I hadn't used that time apart to do things i wanted to do etc, we wouldn't be, because I would have just hung around waiting for her to get back.

Use this time to enjoy yourself, hard and all as that is to imagine right now. Even if you don't get back together, you won't have built your hopes up too high and you may even have met some cool people along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

OP.... please, please, please.... dont think that your little girl who you're so familar with can be easily swayed by your "but i feel bad, you can't do this to me" texts, calls etc....

you have to not contact her at all. when she contacts you... which she will, to ease her concience, you need to not act like "god it's so good to hear from you, i've been waiting blah blah.

thats what i did.....

i know you love her, but you loving her doesn't make what she feels any different ok? the world doesn't evolve around you, or me.
    just try and ignore her and when she contacts you just act normal, she will realise maybe that you aren't as weak as she thinks, it could mean getting back together, of not, it means you break up with her thinking you are a man, not a snivveling love sick mouse which will fuel her australian man loving ego...

if i could be in your position again i'd love it....
    the woman im with now just blows the one i was with out of the water. do you know why? because she isn't a c**t :P

well, ive learned one thing from all this-if someone wants space, give it to them. let them think about things when they need to..
    look at me for example..i was asked to give space a few nights ago now..and this morning i geta txt saying she loves/misses/wants to work on it with me...result!
    i have yet to reply to that txt either..maybe i shud!anyways, thank you kindly one and all for your differnent advice,im rather hopeless at relationships as ye can tell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement