Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont feel sorry for yourselves

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

fianna fail have been in governement for to long they've lost touch with reality....
    But look at this from a positive point of veiw it means they no there not doing a good job there trying to put faith in the country, i look at it as a act of desperation....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

Soon we'll be bankrupt. The IMF and others won't help us. Then the dole will stop. Peoples' savings will disappear.

Then the Food Riots start.

Then things get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

K-9 wrote: »
    YEP, so should have everybody else!

True and sadly things will be very hard those people and indeed for those who were prudent in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Soon we'll be bankrupt. The IMF and others won't help us. Then the dole will stop. Peoples' savings will disappear.

so nows the time to order in some home protection

any one no a good place to get ak47s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OPENROAD wrote: »
    True and sadly things will be very hard those people and indeed for those who were prudent in recent years.

I completely agree. Unfortunately Govts. can't differentiate on tax rises and pay cuts.

They can't ask each individual did you save, how many holidays did you go on, what car do you drive, etc.?

Wish they could.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I completely agree. Unfortunately Govts. can't differentiate on tax rises and pay cuts.

They can't ask each individual did you save, how many holidays did you go on, what car do you drive, etc.?

Wish they could.

I know ;) but it does make you feel :mad:

The whole uncertainty of what the govt will do next does not help things, up until a couple of weeks ago was it not a case of their would be no mini budget,now it seems that their may be, but they don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,171 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Daroxtar wrote: »
    " we need another 1916 to sort this out"

"we neeed another 1939.."

Fkk it lads. We need another comet strike....

or about 18 months of waiting until someone else does something and then it'll all be fine.

I know some people think they want the shirts off your backs, but that's no reason to call in the nudists...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

longshanks wrote: »
    he has a point though. and i know they helped fuck up the countries finances, and no i wont be voting for them. and i know that some people are going to feel it more than others, myself i'm on a three day week, and i've heard all the other bullshit arguments for and against, but when he says we shouldn't feel sorry for ourselves he is right. because it'll get us nowhere.
    personally i'm enjoying having a four day weekend every weekend, its just a pain in the scrotum not having much money to spend on these long weekends.

The three day weeks mask unemployment figures and the true state of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,997 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

andrew wrote: »
    Charlie McCreevy said 'when I have it I spend it,' yet noone marched on the streets in protest at his irresponsibility - everyone saw that they'd be getting more money and thats all anyone cared about.

I still think that most people imagined that funds were also being put aside. Weren't we all constantly reminded that Ireland was one of the richest countries in the world? Did anyone actually believe that? (I didn't believe it then, and I certainly don't believe it now - but then again, I've always had an ultra-cynical view of Irish politics.)
    They did put money aside through the pension reserve fund which was attacked at the time by FG who wanted more infrastructure.

There wasn't enough to do both. We relied on stamp duty and property related taxes to boost revenues.

Had they not given too much away, they would have increased the country's reserves.

It's all mind-boggling irresponsibility and incompetence. :mad:

Anyway, now they're just bolting the stable door and the horse is in the cat-food factory.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I still think that most people imagined that funds were also being put aside.

There was a pension reserve fund.

The problem isn't what we put aside.

It's for the last 5/6 years we have been relying on a bubble construction economy to pay wages, Health, Education etc.
    ejmaztec wrote:
    Had they not given too much away, they would have increased the country's reserves.

YEP. Remind me of the marches over tax reductions and pay increases caused by the Bubble everybody, bar the Govt., seen?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Don't feel sorry for YOURSELF

Decoded - we are responsible and not him and not FF. Fcuking cnut tbh. Bastard. No other words:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

There was a pension reserve fund.

The problem isn't what we put aside.

It's for the last 5/6 years we have been relying on a bubble construction economy to pay wages, Health, Education etc.

YEP. Remind me of the marches over tax reductions and pay increases caused by the Bubble everybody, bar the Govt., seen?

Here's the thing. The Pension Reserve Fund was set up to address a huge future pension shortfall. What will we do when we need the funds that the PRF was set up for???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

darkman2 wrote: »
    Decoded - we are responsible and not him and not FF. Fcuking cnut tbh. Bastard. No other words:mad:

Absolutely true. It's about time people of this country started copping the f*ck on and stopped bending over for this muppet, we need a national work stoppage until we get these cnuts out of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,997 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Here's the thing. The Pension Reserve Fund was set up to address a huge future pension shortfall. What will we do when we need the funds that the PRF was set up for???

They'll abolish all healthcare, whether public or private, for the over 55s, or raise the pension age to 97, or both.

12% and rising of the public sector pay bill, pays current pensions.

People haven't a clue of the pensions time bomb.

No point Unions moaning when they agreed to these pay increases.

They actually moaned it wasn't enough.

Muppets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Absolutely true. It's about time people of this country started copping the f*ck on and stopped bending over for this muppet, we need a national work stoppage until we get these cnuts out of government.

I think we are PARTIALLY responsible - we borrowed more then most can afford - we engaged in the stupid benchmarking deals - My point is this guy wants us to BLAME OURELVES. FF all over. WTF have they been doing for the last 15 years? - oh yeah promoting the property market. I don't believe stoppages will help us - it will damage us further but for this prick to come out and dare suggest it all lies with us.....once again gombeen bastard and literally there are no other words to describe these guys.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

I am with you on this.

Bring on the revolution.

We are at a pivotal point in history, we get an armchair view of how society collapses into Doom.

Advertisement