Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abduction Phenomenon

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

the term ABDUCTION PHENOMENON refer's to claims of orindinary people that non-human creatures kidnapped and temporarily removed them from terrestial surroundings. the first to be widely,publicized was betty and barney hills abduction in 1961 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzX34k977Ak&feature=related

emergency room physician Dr. john g miller asks;how can a person have any firmly belief about this when its so mysterious, the opinions of the true believers are hard to swallow, and the opinions of the skeptics are not based on reality either, there is middle ground!?Abduction does it happen!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i think its along the lines of sleep paralysis / emf radiation etc etc ... IE its mostly in our heads yet its very real to those who experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

iamhunted wrote: »
    i think its along the lines of sleep paralysis / emf radiation etc etc ... IE its mostly in our heads yet its very real to those who experience it.
    At least one scientist took these strange happenings seriously. john Mack, a pulitzer at harvard university who died in 2004, was ridiculed by the scientific community when he claimed in this book,'Abduction;human encounters with aliens[1994],that there was no psychological explanation for the phenomenon.he argued that abductees and he worked with 200 abductees, were not crazy and there experiences were genuine.'it,s both literally,physically happening to a degree;and its also some kind of psychological, spiritual experience occurring and originating perhaps in another dimension ... i would never say yes, there aliens taking people but i would say there is a powerful phenomenon that can't be accounted for happening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i may go looking as i remember somewhere a discussion about this with scientifically backed evidence to show that microwave radiation can cause very similar experiences tp alien abduction. Its on one of the leinster paranormal shows - the guest (Rat Scabies i think it was) mentioned the guys name and everything. Must go listen and see if i can find anything on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I agree that the majority of cases can be explained by sleep paralysis but i do think there may be more to some of the reported abductee cases.

has anyone info on the mcpherson abduction tape i think its not real, but i've only seen 8 mins of it, only found out about the video:eek: tis week:eek:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMQDqznddE

• Advertisement

jonbravo wrote: »
    has anyone info on the mcpherson abduction tape i think its not real, but i've only seen 8 mins of it, only found out about the video:eek: tis week:eek:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMQDqznddE
    I'm sorry to say that video is a fake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I used to joke to a friend of mine that I'd been abducted by aliens when I was 4 years old, based on a strange dream/experience that I'd had ...
    I've told the story to loads of people and posted it online. I've yet to have anyone debunk it properly - well I don't think "you're mental" is a scientific answer LOL

I used to joke to a friend of mine that I'd been abducted by aliens when I was 4 years old, based on a strange dream/experience that I'd had ...
    I've told the story to loads of people and posted it online. I've yet to have anyone debunk it properly - well I don't think "you're mental" is a scientific answer LOL
    and how does the story go!? any links to it!?

Links, no, not any more ...

Story goes like this -

prologue ... we used to live in a big semi detached victorian style house in London. The bathroom was long and narrow and had a huge arched window at the far end that had no curtain or suchlike at it (probably because it was too big/funny shape) whilst I would happily go in there in daytime, when it was dark outside it was a different story, I wouldn't even step over the threshold of the door and would go downstairs to get someone to accompany me to the loo ...

In the dream I got up, went downstairs into the living room and found "people" in there [I think 4 or 5 or them] some standing, and at least one sitting on the sofa, who turned to look at me when I ran into the room. They were short, fat, dark orangey tan and had huge black eyes ... I started to say "you're not my Mammy". And don't remember anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Links, no, not any more ...

Story goes like this -

prologue ... we used to live in a big semi detached victorian style house in London. The bathroom was long and narrow and had a huge arched window at the far end that had no curtain or suchlike at it (probably because it was too big/funny shape) whilst I would happily go in there in daytime, when it was dark outside it was a different story, I wouldn't even step over the threshold of the door and would go downstairs to get someone to accompany me to the loo ...

In the dream I got up, went downstairs into the living room and found "people" in there [I think 4 or 5 or them] some standing, and at least one sitting on the sofa, who turned to look at me when I ran into the room. They were short, fat, dark orangey tan and had huge black eyes ... I started to say "you're not my Mammy". And don't remember anything else.
    I've yet to have anyone debunk it properly

Whats to debunk?

• Advertisement

I used to joke to a friend of mine that I'd been abducted by aliens when I was 4 years old, based on a strange dream/experience that I'd had

People claiming I was scared to sit on the toilet, people claiming I've been sexually abused, y'know that sort of thing. "It was nothing to do with aliens, you're mental/stupid/drunk" etc etc etc.

A lot of people don't realise it but things that people are afraid to confront or accept can have a major impact on your dreams. Your sub-concise takes note of absolutely everything that you see and hear through your life, things you may not even have noticed yourself.
    Hypnotic regression works in some cases to unlock these suppressed memories, just a suggestion if your interested to find out more about the dream.

given the options, sexual abuse or alien abduction? I'll stick with the alien abduction! kplzthnx :D

Ziycon wrote: »
    A lot of people don't realise it but things that people are afraid to confront or accept can have a major impact on your dreams. Your sub-concise takes note of absolutely everything that you see and hear through your life, things you may not even have noticed yourself.
    Hypnotic regression works in some cases to unlock these suppressed memories, just a suggestion if your interested to find out more about the dream.
    i agree,the only point i dont accept is that alot of people dont realise what there afraid of, i think they do try and confront there fears as best they can,take this as an E.g... On valentines day this year i ran into an old friend from school[didnt see him for a long time] while i was out with my girlfriend, he 2 was with company, his friend... we had a great nite but anyway while both my girlfrend and my friend were up at the bar i took notes of the two having a good time outside of the drinking group of 4 ... i began to ask myself silly questions in my head because there interaction together was so addictive to me[just keepin my eye on my girl you know how it is,so take note of my fear of losing my gf] on the way home walking i told her she did fancy my friend as a kind of a joke but she looked at me, and said no way dont be f===ing silly.and no more was said
    Now to the dream i had last nite,the two were in it...i could see them both talking outside a hospital? i went up to both[he was a doctor in the dream] and asked questions like what the f--- is going on [something i would never do while people talk by the way] without answers i picked my gf up and began moving towards the front gates of the hospital like it was normal:o
    once i got to the gate my view point was from my home and i could hear a bang at the door, still with gf in the air or over my shoulder i answer'd the door to see a women or face i had never seen before and then i woke.end Eg

as my sub-concise took notes i understand it, that first i gave my mind root for his dream to happen[i realise why both were in the dream[the nite out], there for... i realise or see my fear], as a dream] mixed with a face i never had seen before.. a future dejavu...maybe
    so ill ask a question
    suppressed memories,fears,and a kind of a port-hole to the futrue in terms of dejavu, are they stored in the same part of the brain!?
    i dont think abductions are anything to do with dreams but thats just my personal opinion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I've yet to have anyone debunk it properly
    Seriously, what's to debunk? You said yourself it was a dream. Obviously if you make a big deal out of it and post the story online people will inevitably come up with all sorts of random theories like sexual abuse or alien abduction. Are you saying it can't just be a dream a scared child had?

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    Seriously, what's to debunk? You said yourself it was a dream. Obviously if you make a big deal out of it and post the story online people will inevitably come up with all sorts of random theories like sexual abuse or alien abduction. Are you saying it can't just be a dream a scared child had?
    I used to joke to a friend of mine that I'd been abducted by aliens

this is what people are debunking, not the dream, the notion that it meant I'd been abducted by aliens.

m'kay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

A few years ago was over in Newcastle staying with mates from college. Went on the beer for a few days and on the last night had the most horrifying experience. Woke up really disturbed. Saw a programme years later on the 'old hag syndrome' ie. sleep paralysis leading to a terrible hallucinations.

Nailed it on the head. But that's not to say it was not an indescribably vivid and terrifying experience and the next morning I was truly flabbergasted at it. But that's what it was.

Having experienced it first hand, I think someone could easily get carried away and think it was something far more sinister or extraordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I seem to remember that the case of Betty and Barney Hill was of an abduction that took place on a road in New England somewhere and they weren't sleeping so couldn't have been sleep paralysis. They saw first a craft of some sort illuminated in a night sky. They stopped the car, I guess for a better look, and were "taken". They were subjected to some physical examinations and released - but there was time missing where they couldn't explain. For some reason they were hypnotized and then began remembering. Assuming they were telling the truth what would cause both of them to halucinate the same scenario ? Anyone have any waking abduction stories? That, I think, would be very interesting- if you're willing to talk about them.

Deki wrote: »
    I seem to remember that the case of Betty and Barney Hill was of an abduction that took place on a road in New England somewhere and they weren't sleeping so couldn't have been sleep paralysis. They saw first a craft of some sort illuminated in a night sky. They stopped the car, I guess for a better look, and were "taken". They were subjected to some physical examinations and released - but there was time missing where they couldn't explain. For some reason they were hypnotized and then began remembering. Assuming they were telling the truth what would cause both of them to halucinate the same scenario ? Anyone have any waking abduction stories? That, I think, would be very interesting- if you're willing to talk about them.
    Pease air force base, whose radar covers the indian head area,reported tracking an unknown object in the early hours of september 19th ,1961. so there is little doubt the betty and barney hill did see a ufo that night and you can look that up.
    it is also possible that the 2 extra hours the hills spent watching the strange light,and stopping to get closer to look,may have accounted for two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Thanks for the information. That sort of makes it more baffling. I seem to recall that one or other of them claimed they were shown some kind of space maps- or am I getting my stories mixed? I suppose you could just look at a strange craft for a couple of hours but why would you then make up an abduction episode? If a person saw a UFO up close that would be story enough. I guess I'm just the believing kind but I tend to think that they told the truth. Forty- seven years later still no definate proof and the argument goes on. Thanks again for the radar info that was something I didn't know.

• Advertisement

Deki wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. That sort of makes it more baffling. I seem to recall that one or other of them claimed they were shown some kind of space maps- or am I getting my stories mixed? I suppose you could just look at a strange craft for a couple of hours but why would you then make up an abduction episode? If a person saw a UFO up close that would be story enough. I guess I'm just the believing kind but I tend to think that they told the truth. Forty- seven years later still no definate proof and the argument goes on. Thanks again for the radar info that was something I didn't know.
    spot on deki!! there was a so called star map shown to betty hill by an alien being, under hypnosis betty drew a copy of the star map the alien had shown her and in 1974 marjorie fish an amateur astronomer,constructed another map based on bettys,she decided that the pattern suggested the aliens came from zeta reticuli a star system about 3.7 light years away from earth....
    however carl sagan a famous astronomer used computers to study marjorie fishs map, and found that the zeta reticuli star system bore little similarity to bettys star map.
    after barney died in 1969, betty reported many encounters with aliens.
    as a result ,many people began to doubt the truth of her original story.

the travis walton case study november 5th 1975 however stands out for me as a valid case, in that not all forestry workers there could have being hallucinating or shared the same hallucination.
    and then theres 5 days missing....
    feel free to ask about any case study regarding abduction phenomenon i dont know all, only a little:o...thanks for posting:)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-196566585621115652&ei=UHfTSYqLHITz-Abh-JCgBQ&q=unsolved+mysteries unsolved mysteries abduction phenomenon,
    i watched this stuff alot a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92k1L934Vek

just a short video, abduction and jesus!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_vIpxvb2wg&feature=related
    dr steven greer talks about alien and abduction phenomenon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_vIpxvb2wg&feature=related
    dr steven greer talks about alien and abduction phenomenon

Great link. Thanks for that. The bit about the Travis Walton case is very interesting.

Duff wrote: »
    Great link. Thanks for that. The bit about the Travis Walton case is very interesting.
    no problem. travis walton case is very interesting even after all this time.
    the unsolved mysteries link has some interesting case's 2....interesting thing about them case's, hardly any were asleep at the time of there abduction.......which rules out dreaming.....but not day dreaming:)

no problem. travis walton case is very interesting even after all this time.
    the unsolved mysteries link has some interesting case's 2....interesting thing about them case's, hardly any were asleep at the time of there abduction.......which rules out dreaming.....but not day dreaming:)
    s

I'm gonna watch it now. Probably not the best idea before bed!:pac:

s

I'm gonna watch it now. Probably not the best idea before bed!:pac:
    this is fine to watch its all about alien love ha, dont be like me and watch william cooper videos before bed........you'll be awake all nite like...:eek:...:D

haha, the other night I watched some documentary on disclose.tv about a ''skinwalker'' or something before I went to bed and I was literally awake for 4 hours thinking I was hearing it outside! :O lol. Gonna take a big stick to bed with me!

• Advertisement

haha, the other night I watched some documentary on disclose.tv about a ''skinwalker'' or something before I went to bed and I was literally awake for 4 hours thinking I was hearing it outside! :O lol. Gonna take a big stick to bed with me!
    A documentary about my ex!!!!:D,enjoy the link...Feel free to have a discussion on abduction phenomenon here any time.

Advertisement