Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Naas wishing to be M7 ;)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

mysterious wrote: »
    They actually have left room for a distrubuter road, as I have seen a box reservation on one of the last interchanges just before Rathcoole, where the all purpose road ends.

The first step to upgrading the road would at least build the distrubuter road from Blackhall to Newlands. This will much pressure off the existing Nass road. It would even allow long distance traffic to move more freely on ths DC.

I'll try draw a pic, does anyone know where I can draw on a map or take a section off google earth and transfer it to paint bmp??

The box reservation is some distance out from Rathcoole, its at J6 IIRC.

There is no reservation for a distributor road inbound from Rathcoole. There IS a reservation for a motorway but it is already quite far north by Rathcoole and goes nowhere near Newlands - it goes to meet the M50 halfway between Lucan and the Red Cow at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

rameire wrote: »
    i know,
    lets build a freeway above the existing roadway, with the billions of money floating around just waiting for ingenious ideas.

Well It's alot better than your attitude to life.:rolleyes:

Seriously it's people like you, is the reason we are in a recession. It's not the first time, you've shot down my opinions.

Infact, I've already proven you wrong on the Turnpike junction. It now has tailbacks EVERY evening with the new lights.

Yeah I was right :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I'll try draw a pic, does anyone know where I can draw on a map or take a section off google earth and transfer it to paint bmp??
    Use MyMaps in Google Maps.

You have to be logged into Gmail.

Go to Google Maps and click My Maps, then Create New Map etc. Fantastic interface.

When you're finished, click the Link at the top right of the map, and copy and paste the code, and lash it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Well It's alot better than your attitude to life.:rolleyes:

Seriously it's people like you, is the reason we are in a recession. It's not the first time, you've shot down my opinions.

Infact, I've already proven you wrong on the Turnpike junction. It now has tailbacks EVERY evening with the new lights.

Yeah I was right :P

just to let you know ive got an engineer and an architect working on that issue at the moment. times are slow so they were happy to help out, they will not be doing official drawings or sketches, but they will be giving their view on the bridge idea based on actual measurements and distances. their view on the day of measurements was that it would be tight. so :P

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    just to let you know ive got an engineer and an architect working on that issue at the moment. times are slow so they were happy to help out, they will not be doing official drawings or sketches, but they will be giving their view on the bridge idea based on actual measurements and distances. their view on the day of measurements was that it would be tight. so :P

So I was right.

It would of being cheaper to build it then than now.
    Longmile road and turnpike is getting busier. ALL OUTBOUND TRAFFIC should be freeflowing especially. The stretch from Longmile to Redcow is the most busiest.

Seriously a bridge will have to be built. Simalar to that of the Monastery road. But the bridge can be narrower and it will only cross 3lanes

It's not two tight, Goofy drew a map to scale, and his bridge widths wree that of the scale of the existing road.

It can be done:p I doubt your in any top position seriously, especially of drawings and arcitecture. Gvien your inhibitions and lack of foresight.

Also I have proven you wrong on this instance. You said the Turnpike would work ffine. It's turned out to be a disaster and no improvement form before. Tailbacks were always caused at this spot at rush hour.

No it goes back further than Longmile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

So I was right.

It would of being cheaper to build it then than now.
    Longmile road and turnpike is getting busier. ALL OUTBOUND TRAFFIC should be freeflowing especially. The stretch from Longmile to Redcow is the most busiest.

Seriously a bridge will have to be built. Simalar to that of the Monastery road. But the bridge can be narrower and it will only cross 3lanes

It's not two tight, Goofy drew a map to scale, and his bridge widths wree that of the scale of the existing road.

It can be done:p I doubt your in any top position seriously, especially of drawings and arcitecture. Gvien your inhibitions and lack of foresight.

Also I have proven you wrong on this instance. You said the Turnpike would work ffine. It's turned out to be a disaster and no improvement form before. Tailbacks were always caused at this spot at rush hour.

No it goes back further than Longmile.

believe what you want.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Upgrading the N7 to motorway standard would be a waste of money given the fact that there are more dangerous stretchs of road that need work on.
    For example the N11 before Arklow where several people have been killed over the last couple of years and which the goverment shamefully delayed the replacement road (along with Newlands Cross) at the last budget.

I'm very dissapointed in the short sightness of dublin south city council and the NRA. for squeezing the 5 lane each way back to 3 lane each way just passed the luas overbridge.

This section should be 4lanes each way. including a bus lane.
    Traffic is well close to 100,000.

Traffic counters, at Johnstown, is over 70,000 already. So traffic figures approaching Dublin should be well higher. I DO NOT understand this short sightness.

While they are rebuilding this roead, why couldn't they put another lane. They took out the media and replaced this section with a barrier, so there is room, and the outbound lanes has room to expand to four lanes.

The Newlands cross should be 8 lanes in total. or at least 6 lanes including a HS and verges.

Advertisement