Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E01 Belfast to Rosslare Motorway/Dual Carriageway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Bards

mysterious wrote: »
    Spacetweek. I'm very concise and to the point of my argument. When I mean no motorway. I mean no motorway, HQDC and all sorts of names attached to it respectively the same reason applied. There are other types of road here and can be used to fit certain roads. There is type 2 and type 3 dual carriegways too. You can have a DC road with some at grade junctions where traffic is minimal. The idea of the N11 south of Gorey and the rural sections of the N25 becoming motorway is nuts. It's just madness to think any country would build these motorways for the sake of white elephant and local gobeenism balony.

I don't believe the N25 should be motorway. I don't think the N11 south of Gorey justfies one either. At Enniscorthy traffic dies down. Commuter traffic is non existent as that dies down at Gorey. The N30 splits off to the east. And you have the only population centres of Wexford and Rosslare. Traffic at Rosslare barely exeeds 7,000. The wexford bypass carries little traffic and is generally locally generated or traffic heading to Rosslare.

pop max and I mean max of the entire south east corner of the county 40,000 If even that would be serve by a redicoulous motorway M11. It is absurd to spend this kind of money on such a low traffic route to such a low population region.

The M9 is eveing pushing the limits to have a motorway, it has it's motorway so that over with. But there has to be a line crossed somewhere. Every town and region cannot have a motorway for the sake of buildng one. It's madness. I just don't understand this country at all. It seems after a 100 years of independance we still can't run a country properly. On good times and when money was plentiful we still ****ed it up.
    Is painsteakingly redicoulous and outragous.

This is not the first time, you let your anger and outright temperment get the better of you and jump the gun here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055521123&page=8

please see post 113 in the above link and explain your sudden change of mind?????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The wexford bypass carries little traffic and is generally locally generated or traffic heading to Rosslare.

I think it's a slight exaggeration to say "little traffic". The roundabouts are a constant snarl up at rush hour. No figures to hand but my experience has always been of a very busy road around Wexford. Particularly where the N11 and N25 merge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Bards wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055521123&page=8

please see post 113 in the above link and explain your sudden change of mind?????

Waterford bypass was and is going to be reclassfied. I'm talking about the N25 between Yoghal and Waterford and the N11 south of Gorey where traffic is under 12,000 a.a.d.t. These roads don't justify a motorway.

The Waterford bypass I'm ok with been a motorway since its a toll road.

mfitzy wrote: »
    I think it's a slight exaggeration to say "little traffic". The roundabouts are a constant snarl up at rush hour. No figures to hand but my experience has always been of a very busy road around Wexford. Particularly where the N11 and N25 merge.

Oh I wouln't take your opinion as fact, your known to exaggerate:D

Snarl up at a roundabout, a town has about 15,000. The road can carry that on the existing bypass. Any maps ive seen, google earth and all other satelite images, I seen about 5 cars on it's whole lenght.

I've been on three times and it was relatively quiet. The roundabout were the only sections that i seen noticable amout of traffic on it. Between the bypass and Rosslare only 7,000 vehicles a day use it.

The N25/N11 roundabout is the busiest section, and half of it proceeds to the town, while the other half goes down the bypass.

Please don't make an issue out of something that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I couldn't care less what you think of my opinion to be perfectly honest ;).

I actually drive the road regularly instead of actually counting cars on google maps.

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    I couldn't care less what you think of my opinion to be perfectly honest ;).

I actually drive the road regularly instead of actually counting cars on google maps.

Oh well sigh.:D

I'm sure the gridlock experienced there was out of this world:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I'm talking about the N25 between Yoghal and Waterford and the N11 south of Gorey where traffic is under 12,000 a.a.d.t. These roads don't justify a motorway.
    That's lucky then, since they never said they were going to build any there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Cian R

In 2003 the a.a.d.t. at the junction between the N25 and N11 (at the Maldron/Quality Hotel) was 11,670.
    Also in 2003 the a.a.d.t. at the junction with the R733/Duncannon Line by the Whitford House was 10,293.

this information is on page 13 and 18 of this link:
    http://www.nra.ie/Publications/DownloadableDocumentation/Transportation/file,3676,en.PDF

Cian R wrote: »
    In 2003 the a.a.d.t. at the junction between the N25 and N11 (at the Maldron/Quality Hotel) was 11,670.
    Also in 2003 the a.a.d.t. at the junction with the R733/Duncannon Line by the Whitford House was 10,293.

this information is on page 13 and 18 of this link:
    http://www.nra.ie/Publications/DownloadableDocumentation/Transportation/file,3676,en.PDF

Yes on the busy sections, goes down to 6,000 on most of it sections. After the Wexford bypass it goes even lower.

Advertisement