Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession isn't affecting junkies/drunks...

Options
  • 25-02-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I work in an area of North Dublin City that has it's fair share of junk-balls etc.

Went for a coffee in the local cafe this morning and 2 of the local 'older generation' junkies/drunks (not sure which they are, could be both) we ahead of me in the cue. They ordered 1 full brekkie and 1 pot of tea - "but gimmie 2 cups" - to share.

The girl serving said, "That's €8.50 please" and I was expecting to see him counting out a load of change; but he reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a wad of brand new, crisp, €50 notes! inside that were 20, 10 & 5 yoyo notes, all brand new looking.

WTF?!?!?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I work in an area of North Dublin City that has it's fair share of junk-balls etc.

Went for a coffee in the local cafe this morning and 2 of the local 'older generation' junkies/drunks (not sure which they are, could be both) we ahead of me in the cue. They ordered 1 full brekkie and 1 pot of tea - "but gimmie 2 cups" - to share.

The girl serving said, "That's €8.50 please" and I was expecting to see him counting out a load of change; but he reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a wad of brand new, crisp, €50 notes! inside that were 20, 10 & 5 yoyo notes, all brand new looking.

WTF?!?!?
    Could have been Shane McGowan and Colin Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

WTF?!?!?

Probably just after getting the brew.

/ Coat ready.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Melted M&M

Well then I'm in the wrong business :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's been scum like that around since forever.They're completely recession proof and the poxy government insist on upping the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

WTF?!?!?

Out of interest, how do you know that they are drunks/junkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Degsy wrote: »
    There's been scum like that around since forever.They're completely recession proof and the poxy government insist on upping the dole.

Yeah, the government should exterminate them all. All the down and outs, just erradicate them, thats what we should do. They're only scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Pighead wrote: »
    Could have been Shane McGowan and Colin Farrell.

Brilliant :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

beth-lou wrote: »
    Yeah, the government should exterminate them all. All the down and outs, just erradicate them, thats what we should do. They're only scum.

I think that's what he really meant. Degser is very pc.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Well if they ACTUALLY really were junkies - and they had a lot of cash, they could be the junkies that sell to the other junkies - step 1 - demand, step2 - supply, step 3 = profit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Dragan wrote: »

Well...... I once found the man asleep under my car with an empty bottle of vodka beside him... these 2 are well known in the area. The guards are on first name terms with them. They are always falling around the place, having arguments with each other over who owns the last can.....

I think that gives it away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dragan wrote: »

Most long-term low-quality drug addictions (heroin) are clearly visible such as the state of their skin, their teeth (seen some with what look like a black plaque), their tone of voice (always through the noise and slurred), there cordination and ofc that they generally seem to have turned themselves into retards or zombies or zombie retards.

Btw i seen a junkie the other day who had a tattoo of a tear under his eye. WTF is that suppose to mean? he had a dot on each knuckle which i assume is hatred for the garda.

I'd say they got their dole.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe the sickening PC brigade attitude that we shouldn't at least run a forced labour camp *before* executing them. Make them pay their debt to society, whatever that may be. It sickens me that liberal PC nonsense of straight up execution without making them pay for their own death. I pay my taxes so I get to say who lives or dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Most long-term low-quality drug addictions (heroin) are clearly visible such as the state of their skin, their teeth (seen some with what look like a black plaque), their tone of voice (always through the noise and slurred), there cordination and ofc that they generally seem to have turned themselves into retards or zombies or zombie retards.

Btw i seen a junkie the other day who had a tattoo of a tear under his eye. WTF is that suppose to mean? he had a dot on each knuckle which i assume is hatred for the garda.

Thems prison tattoos I think. The tear means he killed someone, and the dots are the amount of times in prison. That or he went into the tattoo place stoned and said 'Here make it look like Im crying and give us two dots on my knuckles so Ill remember to pick up me dole'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It all depends. You would really have to ask him as similar tattoo will have different meanings across certain groups, cultures and gangs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Btw i seen a junkie the other day who had a tattoo of a tear under his eye.
    Seen this in a few programs about gangs in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Well burglaries are on the up no wonder they have extra cash.

Tear under the eye in america means you claim to have killed somebody,a lot of **** do it to big themselves up.Here it doesnt mean anything but a lot of junkies would have a blue "borstal mark" tatooed on thier faces.This they usually do themselves so people know they've been in prison but there havnt been borstals in 40 years.
    The dots on the knuckles stand for "all coppers are bastards",usually the second tatoo a scumbag does (after the indian ink cross on the forearm).Really advanced scumbags might have the complete set of card suites tatooed on thier fingers or a dot on the web of thier hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

OP sounds like a promising episode of the Wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Step 1 = Get FREE methadone

Step 2 = Sell FREE methadone for $$$

Step 3 = Buy Heroin and still have loads of $$$
    jim o doom wrote: »
    Well if they ACTUALLY really were junkies - and they had a lot of cash, they could be the junkies that sell to the other junkies - step 1 - demand, step2 - supply, step 3 = profit!

BOFH_139 wrote: »

Dont forget dole and income supplemented with stealing.

Eh... they get tested for heroin everytime they go for their methadone script so that plan wont work for long, it's stopped if heroin shows up.

Eh... they get tested for heroin everytime they go for their methadone script so that plan wont work for long, it's stopped if heroin shows up.

Which is why they carry often get clean urine from somebody and keep it in a syringe for the sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I know several alcos in late 50s who are retired and get big pension cheque every week. Dont judge a book by it's cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I know several alcos in late 50s who are retired and get big pension cheque every week. Dont judge a book by it's cover.

What do you mean exactly? You just said yourself that they're alcos.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Step 0.5 = Stab random person and steal their blood.

Step 0.5 = Stab random person and steal their blood.

A skill perfected by the junkie vampires of transylvania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

Dont judge a book by it's cover.

Sense? Logic? Empathy?!

I thought this was After Hours? :confused:

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    they have extra cash.

The bastard government saw fit to award them extra dole for thier everlasting contribution to society.

Advertisement