Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Panasonic Lineup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yayamark wrote: »
    Is the new Panasonic G10 out?

I thought it wasnt until next week.

Am hoping to pick up the 46' G10 in the next 2 weeks up north.

Edit: I have been searching for the last month for info on TX-P46G10L and nothing just did a search and

Here http://panasonicshop.ie/product.php?PID=96&ID=1 €1600!

I have been promised one up north for arounf 1350

yeah they've been available for the last week or two in ireland. the price in the panasonic centre is correct, we have them at €1579. its a different model up north (TX-P46G10B), from what i believe they have no MPEG4 tuner. (although i stand to be corrected)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

Just came across this site http://www.irishlcd.ie/46_inch_panasonic_plasma_tv_TXP46G10.aspx with 42" and 46" G10 in stock at pretty good prices and also they appear to be Freesat models. never used the site before or heard much about them but its pretty close to NI prices. Mark, from what I understand is that the 46" might be as low as £1200-1250, at least I thought that was what he said. Thats closer to the normal UK price.

Also I've heard Panasonic are bringing in a 5 free year warranty from 1st May, worth waiting for me thinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Thanks

That site aint loading for me might try it later.

Well Folks just got the TX-P50G10B telly and all i can say is

WOW!

Absoloutely Fabalous really really happy.

Plugged the Sat cable from the previous owners SKY Satellite in to the TV and the Freesat channels came up no bother all the BBC and ITV's. Didnt think it would be that easy

Im really impressed with the picture clarity and quality. Mind u i was coming from a 4 year old 32' Hd Ready Samsung

I have never seen the Ps3 in such depth or colour. I dunno how i played it before

Took about 30 mins to set up and all sorted.

Im currently doing a search for more channels on the Astra2/ Eurobird Satelite its found 415 tv ch and 102radio

Im sorry but i haven't a clue about Satellites, there are acouple of more Satellites in range too, Hotbird i think.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I dont seem to have to touch the Screen Settings as i think the pic is fine.

I think i have the Freeview as well and played around with it. I did a search but found no signal. Do i need Rabbits ears plugged in to the Tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

does anyone have the Panasonic TX-P42G10L

feedback would be nice

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    does anyone have the Panasonic TX-P42G10L

feedback would be nice

Hi headshot, do I recognise the name from avforums?

I have the 42G10B from RS up North, absolutely superb television, I would highly reccomend it, I think it's even cheaper now in RS than when I bought it, plus they seem to be open to a bit of bargaining not to mention the G10B UK models have Freesat built in and work out cheaper in the end!

Anyway I've been using the TV with PC, PS3 and 360 and they're all superb quality. Couldn't be happier with the set!

Fellow United fan?

mikew1985 wrote: »
    Hi headshot, do I recognise the name from avforums?

I have the 42G10B from RS up North, absolutely superb television, I would highly reccomend it, I think it's even cheaper now in RS than when I bought it, plus they seem to be open to a bit of bargaining not to mention the G10B UK models have Freesat built in and work out cheaper in the end!

Anyway I've been using the TV with PC, PS3 and 360 and they're all superb quality. Couldn't be happier with the set!

Fellow United fan?

hey mate yes im on avforums same nick

is the 42G10B same as the TX-P42G10L ?

if so whats the SD quality like mate
    and how did you know i was a utd fan :D

hey mate yes im on avforums same nick

is the 42G10B same as the TX-P42G10L ?

if so whats the SD quality like mate
    and how did you know i was a utd fan :D

18 times and thats a fact under you screen name led me to think it was likely you were a United man. Being as though we actually just won the title for the 18th time but the scousers haven't for a long time!

42G10B is the same panel as the G10L but the L has definite mpeg4 tuner built in where as the G10B has Freesat HD built in (you can pick up BBCHD, ITV HD etc. from anywhere here). Apart from that they're the same set.

18 times and thats a fact under you screen name led me to think it was likely you were a United man. Being as though we actually just won the title for the 18th time but the scousers haven't for a long time!

42G10B is the same panel as the G10L but the L has definite mpeg4 tuner built in where as the G10B has Freesat HD built in (you can pick up BBCHD, ITV HD etc. from anywhere here). Apart from that they're the same set.

so whats SD like on it mate

Sorry, completely missed that question last time.

My SD expereience thus far is limited to one CL game recorded on a DVD HDD from sky, and a number of Divx TV shows played from my PC. Unfortunately I don't have the Freesat set up yet.

The SD that I have watched though has been excellent but It's all been upscaled as I've been watching DVD's through a PS3 and PC. If you're sitting 3-4 feet from the screen you'll notice some artifacts but in general from normal viewing distance it's very good. If you have an upscaling DVD player it'll look fantastic.

I would say that certain DVD's look a bit soft, but this may be just the way some of them are mastered(curb your enthusiasm).

I'll be testing SKY and Freesat in the next week or two, just a matter of getting them hooked up.

• Advertisement

could u get sky up a.s.a.p dying to know whats it like

Would love to, problem being I've to drill a hole through an external wall in the attic (my TV room is in the attic) and run and RF cable along the outside of the house, and wait for my extra skybox.

I am tempted to get the Freesat sorted this weekend though, which I may do if I have the time. If I do that I'll test out our other skybox upstairs and let you know what it's like.

Would love to, problem being I've to drill a hole through an external wall in the attic (my TV room is in the attic) and run and RF cable along the outside of the house, and wait for my extra skybox.

I am tempted to get the Freesat sorted this weekend though, which I may do if I have the time. If I do that I'll test out our other skybox upstairs and let you know what it's like.

cheers mate

Just to let ya know, it's a bit of a big if this weekend, unless I'm extremely pro-active!

Just to let ya know, it's a bit of a big if this weekend, unless I'm extremely pro-active!

where did you get the TX-P42G10 ?

I got it from Richersounds in Belfast, but did the order over the phone and they delivered it the same evening, great customer service, they even threw in some cables for free, HDMI and Satelite RF cable.

They only charge £20 for delivery to anywhere in Ireland as long as you mention boards.

They have a board in the commercial interaction section here actually... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

I would highly recommend them and as you'll see in the link so would a lot of other boardies.

I think the G10B is now £920 so that would be just over €1000

I got it from Richersounds in Belfast, but did the order over the phone and they delivered it the same evening, great customer service, they even threw in some cables for free, HDMI and Satelite RF cable.

They only charge £20 for delivery to anywhere in Ireland as long as you mention boards.

They have a board in the commercial interaction section here actually... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

I would highly recommend them and as you'll see in the link so would a lot of other boardies.

I think the G10B is now £920 so that would be just over €1000

very good

ill have to sell my 40w4000 first thou

if I do decide to buy the TX-P42G10

it'll be my first plasma ever so is there anything to look out for?

I have the Freesat up and running and its amazing.

I dont have Sky only UPC Digital

I got my 50' from Seamus Watter near Crossmaglen for under 1300 euro

yayamark wrote: »
    I have the Freesat up and running and its amazing.

I dont have Sky only UPC Digital

I got my 50' from Seamus Watter near Crossmaglen for under 1300 euro

TX-P50G10 for under 1300 euro :eek:

that right

• Advertisement

sure is
    mention boards anda recent sale to limerick and that ill get u around the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Hi There,

Just wondering if the guys with the new Pansonic Freesat TVs have been able to tune into the Irish DTT channels ?

The reason that I'm asking is that the older freesat range (LZD81 / PZD81) can no longer tune in the RTE DTT trial channels automatically ..

There is a thread about this issue here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542668

It would be great to know if the newer series Panasonic models work or not ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

what extra channels is there on dtt as opposed to having ntl basic digital or sky package

what extra channels is there on dtt as opposed to having ntl basic digital or sky package

so far on dtt its only rte 1, rte 2, tv3 & tg4. when the commercial dtt launches they'll have a selection of channels for a very small monthly payment. the beauty is that you dont need any extra decoders, its all in the TV

so if i didnt want to pay for the dtt channels then i wouldnt need a mpeg4 digital tuner on a tv i would intend to purchase

so if i didnt want to pay for the dtt channels then i wouldnt need a mpeg4 digital tuner on a tv i would intend to purchase

it just means you'll have to subscribe to ntl or sky if you want digital tv for the irish channels

ah now i understand, so if someone has upc or sky digital in their house then dtt is of no relevance to them, would that be correct

is the G10 series available in harvey normans,just out of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

is the G10 series available in harvey normans,just out of interest

I asked about a week ago and they didn't have them. Alliance electric and did have them.

• Advertisement

Neilw wrote: »
    I asked about a week ago and they didn't have them. Alliance electric and did have them.

was thinking that alright

also the panasonic store have them too

Advertisement