Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Panasonic Lineup

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Will we in Ireland be getting anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yes, i'll tell ya on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

bump, any news on these models and availability as i need a new set myself

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

No official news yet.
    Watch this space.

>Sol

sorry, forgot to post it.

PLASMA

(availability in brackets)

TX-PxxG10L (April - May) (xx means size 50, 46 or 42)
    available in 50", 46" & 42"

TX-P42S10L (April - May)
    42" only

TX-PxxX10L (March - April)
    42" & 37"

specs same as UK models except for tuners. NO FREESAT on the G10, but will have UHF/VHF analogue tuners & mpeg4 digital tuners.

LCD

TX-L32G10 (May - June)
    32" only

TX-LxxS10L (May - June)
    32" & 37"

TX-LxxX10L (April - May)
    32" & 26"

again, same story with tuners. NO FREESAT, but UHF/VHF & MPEG4 digital.

adam

Ok i hope someone can educate me please, I was gonna get a 42PX80 but decided to hold off for the new models and I am going to opt for the P42X10.

I know that panasonic will be releasing a P42X10B model (for uk) and a P42X10E (euro model), can somebody tell me if I will be at a disadvantage at all by getting a UK model instead of the euro model. I can get a Uk model now but cant find anywhere selling a euro model.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

the uk model wont have an mpeg4 digital tuner. we will have mpeg4 digital broadcasts from this summer.

the irish models (X10L) will be available in the next 3-4 weeks

cool thanks for the clarification, might hold out so for the euro model, u sure it wont be model number P42X10E , also do you work for an irish retailer if so any guide on price for this tv??

yeah i work in alliance electric.

from what panasonic have told us, its going to be TX-P42X10L and the full retail is €999.

thanks for the info bigmoe, dont suppose you guys can get anywhere close to the prices on richersounds (£700) if you can you have a customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Jeez it took me forever to find the Tv Section on Boards.:mad:

Anyways im hoping to get either the

TX-46S10B

or

TXP46G10B. http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Plasma+and+LCD+TVs/VIERA+Plasma+TV/TX-P46G10/Overview/2121276/index.html?trackInfo=true

Now i realise the G Series is a step up from the S Series but can anyone educate me on the FreeSat on the G Series?

I'm confused on Freesat and Freeview :confused: Living way down South

And has anyone got any prices Irish or N Irish?

Looking forward to all yer replies and guidance.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

yayamark wrote: »
    Now i realise the G Series is a step up from the S Series but can anyone educate me on the FreeSat on the G Series?

I'm confused on Freesat and Freeview :confused: Living way down South

And has anyone got any prices Irish or N Irish?

Looking forward to all yer replies and guidance.

Thanks.

Freesat and Freeview are terms applicable to TV channels in the UK. Freesat refers to the channels that are available via satellite and Freeview are the digitally encoded channels that are available using a UHF antennae.

The Freesat channels available are listed here:http://freesat.co.uk/

The freeview channels are only relevant here if you live up north and can pick up signals from NI.

Ireland will be getting its own equivalent of freeview later this year, it is usually referred to as DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television), however, the Irish system will compress the signals using mpeg-4, whereas the UK system uses mpeg-2. I think an mpeg-4 receiver can decode mpeg-2, but not vise-versa.

If you subscribe to sky, then freesat may not interest you as you can get
    the freesat channels via SKY. If you are not with SKY, then it is possible to pick up the freesat channels with an appropriate receiver without paying a subscription.

The Panasonic TV's with Freesat capability have a satellite receiver built-in, as well as a UHF receiver.

The Freesat receiver in the Panasonics, in the old PZ models had an mpeg-4 decoder to decode the HD Freesat channels. They used this same decoder to decode the freeview channels. So, coincidentally, these sets were ideal for Ireland as they will be compatible with DTT when it arrives.

It appears the G series Panasonics that will be sold in Ireland, will not have a Freesat receiver, so if you want that feature, you might want to pick up one of the older PZ models from the UK while there are still some left.

Some UK prices for the new panasonics can be found here;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasm...h-46pz81b.html

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

cnocbui wrote: »
    Freesat and Freeview are terms applicable to TV channels in the UK. Freesat refers to the channels that are available via satellite and Freeview are the digitally encoded channels that are available using a UHF antennae.

The Freesat channels available are listed here:http://freesat.co.uk/

The freeview channels are only relevant here if you live up north and can pick up signals from NI.

Ireland will be getting its own equivalent of freeview later this year, it is usually referred to as DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television), however, the Irish system will compress the signals using mpeg-4, whereas the UK system uses mpeg-2. I think an mpeg-4 receiver can decode mpeg-2, but not vise-versa.

If you subscribe to sky, then freesat may not interest you as you can get
    the freesat channels via SKY. If you are not with SKY, then it is possible to pick up the freesat channels with an appropriate receiver without paying a subscription.

The Panasonic TV's with Freesat capability have a satellite receiver built-in, as well as a UHF receiver.

The Freesat receiver in the Panasonics, in the old PZ models had an mpeg-4 decoder to decode the HD Freesat channels. They used this same decoder to decode the freeview channels. So, coincidentally, these sets were ideal for Ireland as they will be compatible with DTT when it arrives.

It appears the G series Panasonics that will be sold in Ireland, will not have a Freesat receiver, so if you want that feature, you might want to pick up one of the older PZ models from the UK while there are still some left.

Some UK prices for the new panasonics can be found here;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasm...h-46pz81b.html

You seem quite knowledgeable on how the different tuners work in these Panny Plasmas. I know that the PZ81B can decode Irish DTT(when it becomes available) so would it logically follow that the G10 Uk models will be able to do the same or was it just a happy coincidence in last years model?

If I can be sure the G10 will decode DTT in the summer, it will make the wait for them to come in stock a little bit less worrying (I have come across a very nice price for a 46"PZ81B and I am fiercely tempted :))

not too sure about the UK G10s (TX-PxxG10B) but the irish model G10s (TX-PxxG10L) will DEFINITELY have mpeg4 tuners for dtt. i have tested the X10s (TX-PxxX10L) with mpeg4 and they work fine.

adam

mikew1985 wrote: »
    You seem quite knowledgeable on how the different tuners work in these Panny Plasmas. I know that the PZ81B can decode Irish DTT(when it becomes available) so would it logically follow that the G10 Uk models will be able to do the same or was it just a happy coincidence in last years model?

If I can be sure the G10 will decode DTT in the summer, it will make the wait for them to come in stock a little bit less worrying (I have come across a very nice price for a 46"PZ81B and I am fiercely tempted :))
    big_moe wrote: »
    not too sure about the UK G10s (TX-PxxG10B) but the irish model G10s (TX-PxxG10L) will DEFINITELY have mpeg4 tuners for dtt. i have tested the X10s (TX-PxxX10L) with mpeg4 and they work fine.

adam

Right thanks for yer replies, little bit more edumacated on the subject but still a bit hazy.

So im dealing with a shop up north and am looking to get the http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/2115746/index.html but i dont know if the TX-46G10B will work in Ireland or will there be a special Irish version.?

Right thanks for yer replies, little bit more edumacated on the subject but still a bit hazy.

So im dealing with a shop up north and am looking to get the http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/2115746/index.html but i dont know if the TX-46G10B will work in Ireland or will there be a special Irish version.?

What shop are you dealing with up north as a matter of interest?

The set will work but it may not decode mpeg4 DTT however it is unlikely that it wont really as the PZ81B (uk predecessor to the G10) series is able to handle Irish mpeg4 broadcasts.

mikew1985 wrote: »
    What shop are you dealing with up north as a matter of interest?

The set will work but it may not decode mpeg4 DTT however it is unlikely that it wont really as the PZ81B (uk predecessor to the G10) series is able to handle Irish mpeg4 broadcasts.

Not too sure if i can say what the name of the shop is dont want to be called a shill. PM if u want.

Im lost on your next line. Will it work or wont it?

Sorry I am confused too :), the answer is nobody knows really. I can't see a reason why it won't but we won't know for sure until they are in stock up north and somebody tests it out.

John McDonald of RS has told me he's the same and won't know until its released at which point he'll test it out down here.

Btw i'm, referring only to the DTT Mpeg4 capability of the set, everything else will work perfectly down here including the freesat tuner.

Ps. I pmed you looking for the name of the shop.

yes there will be an irish version with dtt, as i stated in my post, the TX-P46G10L

on the uk version (TX-P46G10B), as loads of people have already said, we dont really know yet if it'll have mpeg4 or not!

Big Moe your a star.

I did a Google search on TX-P46G10L

and all it comes up with is this

€1700 :eek::eek::eek:

when i could get the TX-P42S10B for less than half that €820

Mark,

I wrang that guy after you passed me on the number and he said he thinks the 46" G10 will come in around £1250, likely to be less but he said he wanted to quote more on the safe side. Not a bad price delivered especially if it comes down a few more quid :) he said he would probably have more info on the availabilty tomorrow as he will be talking to his Panasonic man. said he would ring me if he gets a date for the set.

He also told me he has the 46"PZ81b in stock now at £1100 delivered next day (well maybe delivered next day cause i'm in swords less than an hour away), might be some movement on that price I reckon as well.

Cheers for the reccomendation, he seems a very nice guy.

• Advertisement

Fair play Mike €1250 sounds like a decent price.

Had a msg from him earlier must give him a buzz tomorrow

Well it ws stg £1250 so closer to €1350+ at todays rates but thats a pretty good price for the 46". I'll wait to hear from him hopefully soon as UK stores are getting their stock at the moment so he shouldn't be too far behind fingers crossed :)

Sure let us know if you find anything else out today when you ring him.

Adam how much are you guys retailing the P42X10 for if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

It seems to me that the Irish versions G10 and S10 are very similar but there is a €200 price difference with the G10 being the dearer model.

I can't find detailed spec anywhere and I wonder if anyone can tell me what you get for the extra dosh and if it is worth it?

Although they are both 1080P sets the G10 series is much higher spec. It has the new generation neoPDP which basically means the panel uses less electricity, creates better colours/blacks and is completely resistant to image retention. It also uses better motion handling technology using a 600hz sub field drive(basically there are more moving lines so a better image when things are moving quickly on screen). The G10 would also handle SD images slightly better than the S10.

The S10 is more like a 2008 Panasonic panel and does not feature a neoPDP panel and as such has a few weaknesses in comparison with the G10. It also has a 400hz sub field drive. However if money is a huge issue the S10 would still be a very good set just not as good as the G10.

hopefully I've not used to much gobble-de-gook there...

Thanks, Mike. That's exactly the detail I couldn't pick up elsewhere. The G10 deffo seems to be worth the extra cash. Now I just need to find somewhere that has one so I can check it out firsthand.

hi, i work in Alliance Electric and we have the G10s in 42", 46" & 50" in stock. the S10 has been delayed for another week or two.

www.allianceelectric.ie

other stores might also have them in stock as well.

adam

Adam, thanks for that. I work very near Georges Street and will definitely pop in for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

They look good, I wonder what pricing will be like x.gif
    I need another 40" for the rumpus room, my first is a Sony Bravia. Panasonic make good TVs so I am keen to check it out.

• Advertisement

Is the new Panasonic G10 out?

I thought it wasnt until next week.

Am hoping to pick up the 46' G10 in the next 2 weeks up north.

Edit: I have been searching for the last month for info on TX-P46G10L and nothing just did a search and

Here http://panasonicshop.ie/product.php?PID=96&ID=1 €1600!

I have been promised one up north for arounf 1350

Advertisement