Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creation science ministries?? who are they??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Húrin wrote: »
    I think that atheists pay so much attention to creationists because they so conveniently fit in with the narrative (which has been revived by Dawkins) that religious people are generally foolish and blind, and that atheists are intelligent, rational beings.

And because there is a massive, and very well funded, international religious movement spanning 3 major religions trying to drag scientific standards back to the dark ages

but, yeah, mainly your one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wonder do they have permission to put their sign there btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Also, by attending this you will be funding the creationist movement!

How ironic that this creation 'science' ministries group get their funding from atheists looking for an argument :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

How ironic that this creation 'science' ministries group get their funding from atheists looking for an argument :D

Its not free?! That makes no sense :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Well if we are going to go along and destroy their faith the least we can do is pay the entrance fee :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

eoin5 wrote: »
    Its not free?! That makes no sense :confused:

Well neither does creationism.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Why go there when I can argue about Creationism in the superthread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Galvasean wrote: »
    Why go there when I can argue about Creationism in the superthread?
    Cos you get to see what the idiots look like. Then, if you recognise any of them that work in universities or are supposed to be scientists you can "out" them as creationists and get them fired form theirs jobs, as is our duty as paid up members of the Atheist Materialist Conspiracy (TM,) or had you forgotten?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

MrPudding wrote: »
    Cos you get to see what the idiots look like. Then, if you recognise any of them that work in universities or are supposed to be scientists you can "out" them as creationists and get them fired form theirs jobs, as is our duty as paid up members of the Atheist Materialist Conspiracy (TM,) or had you forgotten?

MrP

How do you recognise the real creationist from the atheist trying to stir up trouble?

I guess you could use the T-Shirt test... Anyone with something along the lines of " :D:D:pac::eek::D:p:D:pac::p:p " displayed is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wait, who says there's an entrance fee?

Also, I just realised that getting to Bray is no easy task for me. Either way, if there's a tall guy in dark clothes laughing his ass off at the back, you can assume it's me.

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    Well if we are going to go along and destroy their faith the least we can do is pay the entrance fee :pac:

I seriously doubt any creationists that will be at it will have their beliefs easily swayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I seriously doubt any creationists that will be at it will have their beliefs easily swayed.

Well, lets take a look at their last Newsletter, Dec 24th 2008.....First section "Did Noahs Flood Cover the Whole Earth", second paragraph....That might give an idea of the parameters of discussion they're open to....

The Bible, which is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word of God, tells us in Genesis that the highest hills under the whole of heaven were covered by water.
    (my bold and underline)
    http://www.creationscienceministries.org/wigac/nl122408.htm

Obviously loads of room for manouvere there then.

Haha, good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Yeah I mean its equally as difficult as going to an Aslan concert and trying to convince anyone from Dublin there that the rest of Ireland, and the rest of the world for that matter, thinks Aslan are utter sh!te.... they just won't accept it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I'm working on a Powerpoint presentation called "Why I Believe in Evolution". Think they'll let me run it by way of asking a question?

Was also thinking I'd bring a banana along to demonstrate that, whilst they do indeed perfectly fit the human hand, they also fit perfectly into a creationist's bum. Coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Might wanna bring some lube for the latter part of your demonstration, AH! :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Might wanna bring some lube for the latter part of your demonstration, AH! :D

God abhors lubricants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Was also thinking I'd bring a banana along to demonstrate that, whilst they do indeed perfectly fit the human hand, they also fit perfectly into a creationist's bum. Coincidence?

:D Dude, I would seriously put money into a pot for you to get up and say that, although I won't be able to be there so video proof from a cameraphone or something would suffice. It would be also good to stand there silent with raised eyebrows after saying "coincidence?" as if expecting an answer to your hypothethical question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Are these the same guys who did the talk in the Spa hotel in Lucan a while back?
    It's got the same title anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

I'm nearly sure it is.
    I recognised the poster and I'm sure its the one that was all round Lucan a while back.

• Advertisement

I think a pineapple would be more fun, and it would let them know you mean business ;)

I think a pineapple would be more fun, and it would let them know you mean business ;)

Being scientific, I suppose a panel of various fruits would be most appropriate. We can then determine which ones have been designed and for what purpose. We can then ban all other functions as abominations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what a sec, hold on there

crestion science ministeries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Yeah I mean its equally as difficult as going to an Aslan concert and trying to convince anyone from Dublin there that the rest of Ireland, and the rest of the world for that matter, thinks Aslan are utter sh!te.... they just won't accept it :p

Or from other parts of Dublin tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Flier came in the door today in Bray...

My scanner is not working at the moment so I've photographed it with my phone.

kiffer wrote: »
    Flier came in the door today in Bray...

My scanner is not working at the moment so I've photographed it with my phone.

Cheers for the post.

I'd really love to head along to that just to hear their nonsensible ravings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I too saw this sign on the way into Bray. I thought it was very funny, something about evolution being a fairytale along the lines of the frog turning into a prince. It has since been vandalised and is no longer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Cheers for the post.

I'd really love to head along to that just to hear their nonsensible ravings.
    At the last one they drop stunning revelations like: the big bang couldn't have happened because explosions don't create things, just look at grenades!

And my favourite: How do they know that? Where they there to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm in a bind. I can a) Watch all the match or b) Watch half the match and get the dart to Bray.

I'll decide at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

well it looks like I'm not going to be there... :-(
    I am still in town and will be at a pub quiz this evening instead.

Also it's two euro that i wouldn't want to give them....

Advertisement