Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix in Europe? (Mod post # 83)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Does it have any house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    So, has anyone updated to the american version ?

And if so, was it worth it ?

Cant live without it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

cheers for the unblock us guys ...now is there a way of having the Xbox set up for the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

MOD: No discussion pertaining to accessing Geographically Locked Content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Netflix isnt blocked by UPC, i was using it myself last night watching 3 hours of Doctor Who :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 superman123

My internet is s slow it wouldnt be worth paying for them. It would take hours just to load one film.

My internet is s slow it wouldnt be worth paying for them. It would take hours just to load one film.
    I've got a 1mb eircom and it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea I've got a 3Mb link that clocks in about 1.6 - 1.7 and it streams like a dream. About 15-20 seconds of buffering and away it goes. If the line speed drops you can see a dip in quality but it comes backup to great quality quick enough. Don't dismiss it out of hand as it may work just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does it damage your connection for playing online games?

Well if someone else is streaming Netflix it will impact your Game playing

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I mean changing your DNS for getting the US content.
    Haven't noticed any issues myself mate and I'm rocking done ****ty 1mb

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

Meesared wrote: »
    Well if someone else is streaming Netflix it will impact your Game playing

Do you think a pretty solid 11Mb connection speed would handle the Netflix stream and playing Xbox live simultaneously?
    I guess that it would impact my latency pretty badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, since getting Netflix and changing my DNS, I am getting booted from Xbox once a day. I changed my XBox Live settings back to automatic and it's still kicking me. Anyone got any ideas or any recommendations on how to fix the problem? Was never happening before so I am assuming it's something to do with that.

No issues here, I chop between both regularly, and I only have a **** 4mb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aquane69

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I've decided to just use the irish netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gavo782002

• Advertisement

There isnt one, dunno why youd want it anyway, US netflix would be better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Zombie thread, edited posts pertaining to accessing Geographically Locked Content.

MOD: No further discussion pertaining to accessing Geographically Locked Content please. Please read sticky pertaining to this subject. I have been very lenient thus far, but if you break the rules, you will receive a 1-week ban.

Is anyone else getting errors saying netflix is not available in your location? It happens every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gavo782002

Try pick another movie or tv show if its works go back to the one you try to play the frist time,
    this sometimes works

gavo782002 wrote: »
    Try pick another movie or tv show if its works go back to the one you try to play the frist time,
    this sometimes works

Yeah I get it working after a couple of goes. It's pretty annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Netflix servers are taking a battering because they've launched their service in Northern Europe.

http://downrightnow.com/netflix is a godsend to see if the service is disrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting errors saying netflix is not available in your location? It happens every now and again.

I've started getting this error over the past week or so, I'd watch one episode then select "next episode" and get told netflix isn't available in my location. I'm narrowing this down to one of a few things:

I'm with UPC (Sometimes changes NAT settings to moderate)

I've *cough* interfered with my network settings somewhat *cough*

Someone just mentioned that the netflix servers are getting battered, so I'm adding that to the list!

Either way, going back to the dashboard then reloading netflix usually fixes it. Hope it was of some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Gweedling wrote: »
    Someone just mentioned that the netflix servers are getting battered, so I'm adding that to the list!

This.

Lets put it like this, I'm with eircom, you're with upc. So its not the network's fault.
    I have a cough also, however i have since switched off the cough settings and its still apparent so we can rule out those options. The only option is that its a widespread problem with netflix as a whole at the mo.

Was talking to Netflix customer support yesterday, after telling them the message I was getting including the error code (Node 277?) They said they never heard of this error. I linked them to downrightnow.com, again they claimed they had no idea why i should be getting this message.

My chat with them didnt last long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement