Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix in Europe? (Mod post # 83)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Clear your cache, see if there is any incomplete downloads for Netflix in your hard drive and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Anyone getting an error after installing?

Install went fine, was 40 mins into an episode of Dexter (buffered in about 10 secs, well impressed!) and suddenly the video stopped with this error - Output Protection Error (Code R8157-6034). I've given a google and it looks like a common enough problem but there seems to be no stand out solution for it. Thus far, I've just replayed the video and it's restarted ok but it would quickly become annoying if it continues.

Other than that, I think it represents great value. Yes, the selection isn't all that recent but 7eur a month for unlimited streaming, it's a no brainer for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Lads I have a quick question. I have given a close friend my login details for xbox netflix, it is allowing the too of us to be signed in on different consoles, I didn't think this was possible. I'm thinking it has something to do with netflix being free for a month. Obviously he is going to sign out when the free month is up as I will be paying for my own then. I didn't think this was possible ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Lads I have a quick question. I have given a close friend my login details for xbox netflix, it is allowing the too of us to be signed in on different consoles, I didn't think this was possible. I'm thinking it has something to do with netflix being free for a month. Obviously he is going to sign out when the free month is up as I will be paying for my own then. I didn't think this was possible ? :)
    Think you can register 3 devices to 1 account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

And both devices probably wont play at once.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

MOD: No discussion pertaining to accessing Geographically Locked Content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I did it last night, worth it.... :P

In theory they could ban you for it, whether they would or not is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

They are saying there isn't alot of content on it...anyone got a list?

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »

NetFlix or Microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Ciaran_B wrote: »

NetFlix or Microsoft?
    I was more afraid of been hacked! But this would also be an issue for me too. Is this an issue that could become a reality?

The selection of movies is not great I actually have s lot of them already in dvd format. The tv section is also quite limited, im enjoying the IT crowd at the moment. The easy of access to the content is great and I am just hoping they increase their ccontent during the trail period.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    NetFlix or Microsoft?
    MS

MS

Yes but you are using it to access content not available in our region, I know they banned some fake accounts a while back for accessing content they shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chirodoody

Installed Netflix the other day on the xbox, but finding it very difficult to watch anything cos stream is so bad. It's a wireless link on 6Mb broadband so didn't think things would be so slow, but keeps stopping to re-stream.
    Anyone else having problems streaming wirelessly with xbox?
    PS I'm with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

chirodoody wrote: »
    Installed Netflix the other day on the xbox, but finding it very difficult to watch anything cos stream is so bad. It's a wireless link on 6Mb broadband so didn't think things would be so slow, but keeps stopping to re-stream.
    PS I'm with vodafone

I am able to steam at two bars (quality) on Three Mobile Broadband - so you really should not have problems at 6Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Is it true you need Xbox live gold to access Netflix. Can you not do it with Xbox live free ?

It's true. You need a gold account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm still really enjoying it a couple of days in. Lots of stuff up there atm for me that I haven't seen so far: movies that I wanted to see and just never got around to it (never been a big downloader tbh). I'm sure they'll be adding more content regularly once the uptake is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

It's got a load of old xmen cartoons and a good few SNL's, enough to keep me happy for a while antsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I signed up for Netflix yesterday and had a browse through everything, the selection given here is not worth the €7, especially if you have some other TV service like sky or UPC.
    BUT, I changed the DNS to get the US store, and its amazing. Everything I like is on it! :P
    Its well worth €7. If i can continue to get the US selection, ill keep my sub. Or hopefully the entire library is launched here.

Stream is fine for me and I consider my 8mb digiweb connection pretty poor most of the time. not really any buffering. Different story on my laptop though, takes ages to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I signed up for Netflix yesterday and had a browse through everything, the selection given here is not worth the €7

That's just ridiculous. It's 20c a day, people need to get over this whole selection thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

EnterNow wrote: »
    That's just ridiculous. It's 20c a day, people need to get over this whole selection thing.

I mean if you have sky or something, signing up for another service that gives you basically the same thing as satellite tv would, it's not worth the extra expense. Netflix is amazing, but many shows are incomplete season wise, the US store has pretty much every season of most shows.
    I'll be keeping my sub with the us stuff available. I already have sky, I haven't touched it in 2 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I mean if you have sky or something, signing up for another service that gives you basically the same thing as satellite tv would, it's not worth the extra expense. Netflix is amazing, but many shows are incomplete season wise, the US store has pretty much every season of most shows.
    I'll be keeping my sub with the us stuff available. I already have sky, I haven't touched it in 2 days!

It's not marketed as a replacement subscription or alternative though, it's not as complete as the US lineup granted, but the service is very new & offers great value. It will grow in time.

It probably costs more to power your tv for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Surely this must effect your BBand monthly quota...mine's 70g a month and am always running close to the ceiling as is.

Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

bastados wrote: »
    Surely this must effect your BBand monthly quota...mine's 70g a month and am always running close to the ceiling as is.

Just wondering.

Yep, that's the one thing you'll need to look out for. Apparantly HD streaming can be anything from 1-2GB per hour.

Have you tried another ISP?

I'm with UPC and the download cap is 500GB a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

So, has anyone updated to the american version ?

And if so, was it worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

chirodoody wrote: »
    PS I'm with vodafone

I'm streaming wirelessly on xBox too and getting no issues at all. I'm impressed how well the stream works as I don't trust the xBox wireless adaptor.

Will they be able to bring over all the stuff they have licensed in the states or is that a pipe dream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    So, has anyone updated to the american version ?

And if so, was it worth it ?

Advertisement