Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever got a random text, i just did.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

I keep getting a random text and call every now and again from some scum bag looking for " Deco" everytime i say wrong number and he keeps doing it.. Sounds like he is a junkie the strunbg out voice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Keith186 wrote: »
    Got plenty of voicemails that seem to be the same two people all the time from UK numbers.

Some London business man telling me about what times meetings are at and where lunch is and then an old granny (sounded brummie) telling me when she's picking up the kids to mind them for me!

Mad the way they get thru to me when I have an o2 number, maybe something to do with area codes.

Yeah, 0035386 is a very common area code in the UK...:p

Got a very strange voicemail from someone looking for Jerry once, advising him that his "medical supplies" had arrived... Always kick myself for not scoring some prescription/hard drugs from that :(

Now that I think of it a while ago I kept getting calls at like 6 in the morning from some crazy number Turned out it was from Romania some girl working in a factory

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

Be careful about answering texts or responding by phone to unsolicited messages. They sometimes carry a huge premium rate phoce call - most are con tricks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Enii wrote: »
    For awhile there someone was sending me the results of the African Nations and telling me things about football.

I have a horrible feeling that might have been me :eek:

I remember trying to text my brother scores from that competition, and it turned out I'd saved his new phone-number incorrectly.

So, if it was me, sorry! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

a few montha ago kept getting texts from a woman saying "If you dont come into work today your fired im sick of your **** sinead"

told her she had the wrong number and she apoligised. Next day got a message saying "Your fired colect your things and **** off your the worst employee ive ever had"

I once again text and said wrong no. She called me then apoligising and offered me sineads job:D Couldnt take it though as i not in dublin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

some posh weirdo rang me and offered me 10grand, and tickets to the late late toy show. took the money and told him to stick the tickets, weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Got a weird one a while ago - which strangely enough had my correct name in it
    Saying "Let yourself in to the house. There is a small dog in the house. We are looking after it while mum is getting her hip replaced"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

got one this week saying

"thanks for talking to me the article is in todays indo"

I keep getting long rambling voice mails from some mad bloke from the west, i could ever make what he was saying, his accent was so thick. something to with clocks being ready for collection or sometimes he need the clocks back immediately :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i kept getting a call few years ago that asked me if i was paddy when i said no they thought i was joking and saying that was such a paddy thing to do and this continued for a good 2 weeks untill they finally believed me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

GET YOUR **** OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU WHORE.

From the boss I worked with on a building site. Meant to be to his wife. Funny looks Monday morning I tells ya.

EDIT: Not actually from a random stranger but still random.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Got a funny one a while back when I was in france.

"Hey Hey you duurty duck, heard you were maulin mulligan last nite... duurty"

So i (web)texted back.

"Ya, hu told ya was is Seán" (everyone knows a seán :P)

He texted back "No it was..." (can't remember)

I texted him for ages jus messin with him then got bored and ingnored it.

30mins later I get a call: "When you coming down Martin, I got the Lemons ready" (Don't ask ???)

I had to explain that It wasn't who he thought it was... needless to say he was a bit pissed... not least with the 8euro he wasted on roaming charges :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I got this one a while ago.

"You were right i cant do it but i dont even care it wont be the first time and it probably wont be the last sure fúck it i deffinatly cant go back"

Followed by instantly from same number

"sorry wrong number"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭laura l

i got a text last week congratulating me on getting my Junior Cert. i texted back that I did my Junior Cert in 1991, but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

As much as I like the posts so far I wonder how many of them are made up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What you talking about Willis? Everything on the Internet is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sweetheart

haha love this thread...when i got my first mobile phone for my 16th birthday, i got a text around half an hour after turning it on. it was from some guy who lived in ennis and after i told him it was the wrong number we continued chatting. after texting for a few months we decided to meet up. i was so crazy about this guy he was so sweet. continued ringing and meeting for a few months and it was great. lost my phone one day at a hospital lost his number with it and those days you could not get the same number onto another sim card so had to get a new sim card. was never in contact with the guy again :(:(:(sorry i know this post is off the beaten track

I didn't read the whole thread but did you scroll down fully on that text..
    I've gotten loads of similar texts followed by you scrolling down a few times to find:

Whoever reply's to this message is a bla bla bla..

And it turns out to be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I got a text saying, "Its E30 a gram...way to expensive for me"
    So I text back get me 10 grams and I'll give you money when I see ya.........Text was NOT ment for me and I never got a reply!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭play4fun1

got one before last Christmas - txt for some time with her (?) . good times

• Advertisement

Anyones phone ever get signed up for something they didnt want? I kept getting some stupid star signs once a day and when i looked into it it was some place in town! Had to get on to o2 and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i got the today fm compettion numnber wrong and ended texting a person my name my answer and where i come from.

they still text back wondering who i was.

i had to say i got the number wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

a friend got a random one once, and got me to check it out (i'd be a bit more brazen than him)

...it was some young one and i ended up shagging her, then never seeing her again. true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

a friend got a random one once, and got me to check it out (i'd be a bit more brazen than him)

...it was some young one and i ended up shagging her, then never seeing her again. true story.
    You realise thats illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

sweetheart wrote: »
    haha love this thread...when i got my first mobile phone for my 16th birthday, i got a text around half an hour after turning it on. it was from some guy who lived in ennis and after i told him it was the wrong number we continued chatting. after texting for a few months we decided to meet up. i was so crazy about this guy he was so sweet. continued ringing and meeting for a few months and it was great. lost my phone one day at a hospital lost his number with it and those days you could not get the same number onto another sim card so had to get a new sim card. was never in contact with the guy again :(:(:(sorry i know this post is off the beaten track

so you were meeting him for a few months and never got his name
    or where he lived??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

i got a voicemail off an asian sounding fella ranting, could just make out "i on o'connell street i standing at the big ****ing spike, i wait for you" then a few minutes later a text off him "you wil neva get a gorgos guy like me, u wil regrate about it huny." and then another intense voicemail that evening whispering "i will kill you..." mad bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

An ex girlfriend once sent "hurry home - dying for a good F#cking!" to her da, his number was next to mine in her phone. He was a bit off with me for a few days to say the least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

That_Guy wrote: »
    You sure someone didn't sign you up to a football subscription service?

No it was defo a personal text....

used to get sent things like
    "cool, we beat cameroon, final score 2-1, what a match!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

An File wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that might have been me :eek:

I remember trying to text my brother scores from that competition, and it turned out I'd saved his new phone-number incorrectly.

So, if it was me, sorry! :o

Ha ha, thanks for the apol.!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

sweetheart wrote: »
    i got something similar when i first started college.got a random text off an unknown number,thinking it was one of the lads from the course i replied messing..after text for a bit and arranging to meet for drinks across the road,turned out twas a 30 year old female garda who picked a random number to text..freak!thank god i didnt go alone and text to ask where she was when who i was thinking twas didnt show up.only reason agreed to meet for drinks was cause she told me her name and twas same as girl on the course!what a freak!

Advertisement