Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iranian war mongering, and what not

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mysterious wrote: »
    Bear in mind, don't think I'm just accepting Iran over another government for that sake.

I'm just looking at Iran, like any country. I don't have all these silly notions that we are fed every day by the media

Pin anny len num = bad
    Iran = bad
    China = bad
    Jen thing poo = bad

USA = good
    Queen Elizabeth = good
    Mary harney = good
    Rich man = good

I don't have a brain that is black or white, nor do I follow the black and white **** we are common to be sucked into by the ELite.

You go and see for YOURSELF. YOU look at the reality in front of you. YOU dicern it YOURSELF. You come to your conclusions YOURSELF.

See if your dicerning of a particular issue is the same as that of the media! Try it. You will open your mind, into realising that your subconciously following and automatically beleving what is been said on the news whether you believe so or not.

Like for example. Iranian leader is bad, on RTE news yesterday. You might not believe it, but it will register in your subconcious mind automatically. So when you hear a conversation about Iran it's the first thing that will come to your mind, wheter true or not. You heeard on the T.V that Iran was bad.

I don't have an agenda. I'm not supporting Iran for the fun of it.

I don't think because the USA are bad or whatever, Iran should equal them. I think Iran is decent, so no nuclear weapons.

I think USA = Bad

UK = Satan

China = bad

Iran = thorn in the side of the USA, but not good.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

K-9 wrote: »
    I don't think because the USA are bad or whatever, Iran should equal them. I think Iran is decent, so no nuclear weapons.

I think USA = Bad

UK = Satan

China = bad

Iran = thorn in the side of the USA, but not good.

So if Iran doesn't defend itself. What should it do, despite been more of the adult in the USA - Israel vs Iran context.

Iran's agenda it wants to protect itself from zionism. Israel wants to take over the ME.

You can't blame the Iranians in this regard. They have been bullied straight for two years now.

So if Iran doesn't defend itself. What should it do, despite been more of the adult in the USA - Israel vs Iran context.

Iran's agenda it wants to protect itself from zionism. Israel wants to take over the ME.

You can't blame the Iranians in this regard. They have been bullied straight for two years now.

Does Israel have Nuclear weapons?

Iran are leading sheeple.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Israel has nuclear weapons.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, but Russia will provide them long range anti-ballistic missiles which will really mess up the current playing field for our Global friends.

I wish people would stop looking at the news and instead read between the lines at the bigger picture :/

Here's a good question , why has oil gone from $147 a barrel to $34?
    Who would this hurt?
    Why would there be a reason to hurt those trading nations?
    Try to look at the bigger picture!

Does Israel have Nuclear weapons?

Iran are leading sheeple.

You can say the same about every couuntry in the world. But your views do seem more biased and western based:rolleyes:

Seriously Iran is a country, that is not BAD, it wants to break free from ZIONISM, CONTROL OF THE WEST and BE FREE.

Iran doesn't want to Attack Israel, It does not want to attack America. The people of Iran support their Iranian leader. Firstly there is no point, secondly the Iranian government had said it doesnt' want to go to war with Israel and would rather have diplomatic talks instead. Why are you so threatened by Iran getting nucs? Esepecially given the fact that Isreal has already??

Saudi Arabia does alot of more serious ****, and no one seems to be bothered about it. Israel was literally given nucs by America. And many countries throughout the world have nucs. Some are gaining them, some are hiding them.

The fact remains, Either all has them, or all has none. I don't see why Iran is so bad?? They just don't want to be controlled by the rothschilds and ruling families that basically own the world.

Try think of been in Irans shoes for once, and actually stop watching the news, and stop feeding into what the west think.

• Advertisement

You can say the same about every couuntry in the world. But your views do seem more biased and western based:rolleyes:

Seriously Iran is a country, that is not BAD, it wants to break free from ZIONISM, CONTROL OF THE WEST and BE FREE.

Iran doesn't want to Attack Israel, It does not want to attack America. The people of Iran support their Iranian leader. Firstly there is no point, secondly the Iranian government had said it doesnt' want to go to war with Israel and would rather have diplomatic talks instead. Why are you so threatened by Iran getting nucs? Esepecially given the fact that Isreal has already??

Saudi Arabia does alot of more serious ****, and no one seems to be bothered about it. Israel was literally given nucs by America. And many countries throughout the world have nucs. Some are gaining them, some are hiding them.

The fact remains, Either all has them, or all has none. I don't see why Iran is so bad?? They just don't want to be controlled by the rothschilds and ruling families that basically own the world.

Try think of been in Irans shoes for once, and actually stop watching the news, and stop feeding into what the west think.

Any links for all of this or is it just opinion?

Here's a good question , why has oil gone from $147 a barrel to $34?
    Who would this hurt?
    Why would there be a reason to hurt those trading nations?
    Try to look at the bigger picture!

Why did it go from $28 to $152?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

A couple of years ago before i had the internet , i used to be into the mainstream news , i'd listen to what was being said about Ahmadinejad and it just was so obvious that it was propaganda .

Why did it go from $28 to $152?

Actually it didn't go from $28 to $152.
    It went from $86 to $147 if you are referring to the low prior to the current price suppression :)
    But that's neither here nor there. We're commited to splitting hairs again instead of looking at the bigger picture i see :P

Ok try to think about these seperate news events and try to join the dots to make the bigger picture :)

No.1

“A cherished contact with deep global experience had some very strong words about Davos and the Putin Blueprint. He made additional comments about the Wen trip across major European capitals. In an important message, he said, ‘Read in between the lines of Putin’s speech and you find all the hints you want. The Chinese and Russians are burying the US alive. The Japanese, Germans, and Gulf States keep a very low profile for the moment. The decisions have been made: wait for 2010. They will use the unfolding chaos to introduce the new currency basket and trade rules… There is a brand new system being designed that will borrow from the past and apply 21st century tools for barter / counter trade / excess capacity etc. An Exchange Platform will cut out the banks altogether… [Chinese Premier] Wen delivered his speech in Davos and went straight to Berlin where they put the final touch on the new world currency basket, sponsored by Berlin-Moscow-Beijing-Tokyo-Riyadh. Moscow and Berlin already have a massive counter trade / barter trade agreement in place, and Beijing was eager to joint that platform as well.’”

No.2

Vladimir Putin addresses DAVOS 2009:

Putin’s model :

“ 1. Get real and declare hopeless debt securities as bad assets, and write them off. The current crisis will only be prolonged unless the balance sheets are cleaned up. A liquidation process is essential. (The refusal for banks to come clean has resulted in extreme constipation for the credit system, while the patient slowly falls into mud.)

2. Get rid of virtual money, exaggerated reports, and dubious credit ratings on financial securities. He wishes for fundamental asset values to be determined by the ability to generate added value, apart from subjective models. (He refers indirectly to credit derivatives and futures contracts, the artificial mechanisms to control price structures, those onerous devices that act as pseudo-money.)

3. Get away from the single reserve currency system, which he regards as dangerous. Instead, install several strong reserve currencies in a smooth and irreversible switch. (This is the unofficial death knell of the USDollar itself, for alternatives in usage.)

4. Get currency reliability for foreign reserves management, which can be used by other states. This can be achieved by enabling more open monetary policies, and enforcing economic and financial discipline. (This will enable regional stability and cooperation.)”

No.3

Russia has been floating the idea of a gold-backed rouble. If Russia does opt to back their currency with gold, it would surely establish the rouble as the most trustworthy currency in the world, and also cause other nations with the ability to create intrinsically valued currencies to follow suit.

No.4

Hillary Clinton pleads with China to buy US Treasuries as Japan looks on 23/02/09

No.5

http://www.heritage.org/Research/RussiaandEurasia/bg2235.cfm

No.5 is of particular note as it is the primary reason for the suppression in oil prices. If you take a step back and look at the bigger picture you come to see a playing field on a global level.
    You will also note that Venezuela/Iran/Russia/China/Brazil etc. have all already stopped trading crude in dollars. The suppression of the oil market is a means to keep at bay or bankrupt these rogues :P
    For our economist readers out there what effect would a non-fiat currency appearing on the world market have ;) .
    What happens to a $787 billion stimulus plan if China doesn't buy treasury paper?
    :eek: Wait a sec did i see Berlin in there? Surely that means Europe and the euro right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Hhmm there's no mention of Germany not baling out all the rest of us lame EMU ducks on the news :P:P
    Angela has a back-up plan after all :)

Actually it didn't go from $28 to $152.
    It went from $86 to $147 if you are referring to the low prior to the current price suppression :)
    But that's neither here nor there. We're commited to splitting hairs again instead of looking at the bigger picture i see :P

Excuse me, answer the question if it's only splitting hairs.

You asked why have oil prices dramatically dropped, I asked why did the dramatically rise. You brought it up, not me.

• Advertisement

Excuse me, answer the question if it's only splitting hairs.

You asked why have oil prices dramatically dropped, I asked why did the dramatically rise. You brought it up, not me.

I asked why they had dropped because it is directly related to the OP's post.
    Your question is in no way related to the OP's post and would do little more than detract from the subject of the thread.
    My point about the current oil price suppression is 100% related to this thread, a debate on oil prices inflating in 2008 has 0% relation to this thread.

Why don't you start a thread entitled:
    "Manipulation of crude oil trading and their role in the future carbon tax"
    You see it's a double edged sword for our friends who oppose non-dollar crude trade, because it's the same people who much cherish the idea of carbon tax :)

I asked why they had dropped because it is directly related to the OP's post.
    Your question is in no way related to the OP's post and would do little more than detract from the subject of the thread.
    My point about the current oil price suppression is 100% related to this thread, a debate on oil prices inflating in 2008 has 0% relation to this thread.

Why don't you start a thread entitled:
    "Manipulation of crude oil trading and their role in the future carbon tax"
    You see it's a double edged sword for our friends who oppose non-dollar crude trade, because it's the same people who much cherish the idea of carbon tax :)

OK, You attach a significance to oil rises dropping as part of a conspiracy or plan, yet side step the fact they they went up dramatically previously.

Okee dokey.

What role does OPEC play in all of this?

Short answer so as to why oil went up. Same reason gold will go up this week :)

Short answer so as to why oil went up. Same reason gold will go up this week :)

So this conspiracy against these countries by reducing oil only started in the last 7/8 months?

On the contrary you were told over 5 years ago that oil prices would be used against these countries. By told i mean your usual "CT nutbars" started to talk a lot more about Lindsey Williams assertions about the energy crisis :)
    Oil prices alone wouldn't exactly cut it though as i guess you've figured out which is where the "Economic crisis" comes in :P

On the contrary you were told over 5 years ago that oil prices would be used against these countries. By told i mean your usual "CT nutbars" started to talk a lot more about Lindsey Williams assertions about the energy crisis :)
    Oil prices alone wouldn't exactly cut it though as i guess you've figured out which is where the "Economic crisis" comes in :P

Nah, I was just pointing out the inconsistency that prices did rise dramatically for a while and also the accepted peak oil argument etc.

Also OPEC are a cartel that have power over oil prices and supply. To ignore that would be silly.

I do believe there is a Washington hawkish element that will fight the Dollar being replaced by the Euro as the world currency, these elements raised their heads during Lisbon and did interfere in the campaign.

Actually the euro isn't going to be the world currency but thats another story :D
    How do you bankrupt OPEC? You give them money for things they don't need :P
    What things don't they need? Ghost towns in the middle of nowhere (Dubai)
    How do you do that? You give them $8 billion loans through citigroup. Why through citigroup? Because that way you don't have to pay it back :). You're going to own citigroup in the future anyways :)
    What do you do then? You suppress the price of oil of course :D
    What you are seeing here in the bigger picture is the great US of A in a last ditch effort to make sure none of the rest of the OPEC members abandon the mighty ship USdollar.
    Oops look Nigeria jumped ship now too :(

Any links for all of this or is it just opinion?

it's paying attention to the world for the last 8 years.
    I look at every picture, every source, everything on the net. I ask people.

I get alot of my sources from people who actually live in the ME too.

I even sometimes look at fox news/CNN, just to see what kinda of bullcrap they spew to the sheep. It gives me great awareness.

Its going to happen. USA is a sinking ship and every billion dollar business man on it are having panick attacks on it. They are screaming for cattle to fight for their businesses.

The dollar is bye bye.

Iran says bye bye.

The billion dollar business men, say look Iran has big effing nucs, go take them out. Sheep say bah bah bah

We were in Iraq bah bah bah. You lied to us.

This is whats going on. The dollar is screwed. Thats why there is war going on!

What are you on about?

Mutton dressed as lamb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

The dollar is bye bye

Dollar at 2 year high Vs Euro

What are you on about?

Mutton dressed as lamb?

Its just a style of speaking.

People who get irony, spontanousity in my post will understand my point.

Don't much about lamb other than eating it. tbh. :rolleyes:

Its just a style of speaking.

People who get irony, spontanousity in my post will understand my point.

Don't much about lamb other than eating it. tbh. :rolleyes:

Gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Gents...

if you don't understand what someone is saying, there's still no call for abruptness or rudeness in return.

bonkey wrote: »
    Gents...

if you don't understand what someone is saying, there's still no call for abruptness or rudeness in return.

Wasn't rude, pointing out than none of the sentence made any sort of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 33cl

Back to Iran then...........Bush apparently refused the Israelis permission to overfly Iraq a while back (Iraq independent & free once again eh? :rolleyes:) so this must be of some concern for them. Would Obama overrule this? It's possible, but the various shaky truces the US has with Iraqi Shiite militias would surely be off the table if Israel attacks. Also, we've seen the Turkish govt & people express horror at Israel's terror bombing of Gaza & a general frostiness in relations recently....so would this mean that particular route is off too? Or will Israel simply disregard everyone, launch a sneak attack one day and just unload its US bunker busters on Iran? After all, it'll be Iranians, Iraqis & US soldiers dying in the ensuing conflagration, so this must be very appealing to the Zionists. Obama may be displeased but will probably resort to type and go on about 'Israels right to defend itself'.

Advertisement