Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorways and Buses - A new idea

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Some routes have bad running times alright, some are far too short
    Vic_08 wrote: »
    To be fair though I have never been pressured to keep unrealistic times or cut short breaks. It is my responsibility to keep within the regulations and I wouldn't let anyone pressure me into breaking them.
    ok.... ;) In the same boat myself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Danno wrote: »
    Nice idea, but how about we kill most of the busses that are ran Dublin to Cork and have shuttle services to the rail station instead? Only run a Dublin Cork bus when there are no trains going. :rolleyes:

Lets see, Cork To Dublin 5 day return by train €71 or €78.50 monthly return.

By Bus €22 return.

And once the motorway is complete and if they lay on true direct, non stop services along the Motorway, then the bus will probably be faster then the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

bk wrote: »
    Lets see, Cork To Dublin 5 day return by train €71 or €78.50 monthly return.

By Bus €22 return.

And once the motorway is complete and if they lay on true direct, non stop services along the Motorway, then the bus will probably be faster then the train.

And the bus goes to the city centres.
    and The Bus serves Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Caher and Cashel which have no train service.

Advertisement