Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get my ranking up in google

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, I notice the site who were on to me about buying adwords stuff off them have a page rank of 1 and a website score of 20/100, where I have page rank of 3 and score of 78/100. Think you had a big part to play in telling them no so thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Here's a current view of my pagerank.According to google webmaster tools.
    Can anyone explain what this means??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

texanman wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what this means??

It is a more in-depth view of your sites PageRank, but again the data is useless and out of date.

It is easy for people to focus on PR because it is quantifiable, but you’d be better of ignoring it altogether. It is great to be able to say I’ve gone from PR 4 to 5, but at the end of the day you’d be better off focusing on your Google Analytics account which is real data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

notnem wrote: »
    You don't need a particular PR to rank for a term. Focus on adding good content and getting links.

Agreed. I've seen hundred's of sites with little or no pagerank rank higher in the SERPs than sites with a significantly higher PR. I think the weighting it's given in Google's algorithm is falling all the time, and it's nowhere near as important as it was a few years back. In saying that it does play some small part.

If anyone could have a look at my front page I would appreciate it.
    Trying to get no1 position in "wedding video cork" in Google.

No 2 at the moment

Also the number of links I have has increased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

Good thing you got 2nd with your "wedding video cork" keyword.
    Just a bit more of article writing and submission and you can make it top of the search.
    Have you tried other internet marketing tools like podcasting? :cool:

Marketing Influence - Community Builder Blueprint

texanman wrote: »
    Trying to get no1 position in "wedding video cork" in Google.

I'm seeing you 1st for that term now on Google.ie

Actually, why don't you put a video up on Youtube and rank it for Wedding Videos Cork etc? D.W who has posted in these threads knows his stuff when it comes to ranking You Tube videos and it isn't like you don't know your way around video editing :)

If somebody searches for wedding video Cork or any other term a video in the Google results would attract a lot of visits. I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but I would seriously look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Still no.3 for me
    Your main competitor is a PR3 which means you should be able him to beat him handy enough.
    Have a look over this report of your site.

Link

The two things you can do is add useful content to the site and work on building good backlinks. (the later is the hardest)
    For example you could create an article on your site about methods used in creating a wedding video and then submit that article to Digg.
    Things like that.
    Best of luck.

Just did a search on google.ie and no1 for "wedding video cork"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wedding video cork = #1
    Wedding videos cork = #3

for me. Notnem, I was told by another poster that youtube isn't something or othered (forget what the term was) so my whole http://www.youtube.com/vantasks channel has no benefit to my search rankings. Do you disagree and do you reckon it is helping mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

cormie wrote: »
    Wedding video cork = #1
    Wedding videos cork = #3

for me. Notnem, I was told by another poster that youtube isn't something or othered (forget what the term was) so my whole http://www.youtube.com/vantasks channel has no benefit to my search rankings. Do you disagree and do you reckon it is helping mine?

'Embedded' maybe? If those videos were on your site itself, those pages on your site would have a chance to rank on their own merits.

In saying that, I wouldn't agree that it has 'no benefit' - maybe not directly to your site's rankings, but I think it does indirectly. Many companies have successful YouTube channels. It's good from a branding perspective, and will drive people to your site, which should hekp your conversion rate. Can you see YouTube referral stats from your analytics package? The link to your site from your YouTube channel is 'nofollowed' so provides little if any link juice

Back down for "wedding video cork" was no 1 for a week.
    any advice??
    If anyone knows good sites for web optimization ,please do let me know.
    I have plenty of high quality back links which has helped.

Could be temporary. Give it a few days to see if it settles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

I dont think the IBL's you have are all that good - the Rochestown Park seems to have dropped it's link list (cursory glance this morning).

Also, most of the links are just straight to your domain.

I estimate about 70 domains are linking to you - it's note huge - so you have plenty of room to improve there.

Google pagerank is being updated.My pagerank has gone from 2 to 4.

how do I put an anchored link in my signature tried

wedding video cork

Didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey texanman,

I just modified your post to demo to show you how it works. If you edit your post above it'll show you the exact code you need to use (it's code specific to the bulletin board rather than html).

HTH.

Hi Trojan
    Just found out how to.Thanks.
    Just a question.I have 3 anchored links in my signature.
    Should there really be one ,ie what way would google pick these up?
    As they all link to the one site.Trying to get to no 1 for "wedding video cork"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

ok, 1st off I think boards rules are 2 links max. However, anything after the first should have less value so 1-2 is fine.

Looking at the Google cache of some boards threads, signatures are cached, so yes it will help somewhat. I'd keep it to 1 or 2, with slightly varied anchor text.

If you want to work on your link building spend some time on creating good content, e.g. create a guide for couples on how to evaluate potential wedding videographers and photographers. Make it high quality, put it on your site and promote the hell out of it. That'll help get some links in. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gmgindigo

have you tried submitting video clips to youtube etc - usually helps ranking and real quickly too

Gary McGeown

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dean1986

hey your no.1 now, well done, now keep doing it for a load of keywords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Google will nail you for having hidden text, well spotted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Fair play to getting to number one! Video content linked to youtube will really improve your chances of getting to number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Shaneod21 wrote: »
    Fair play to getting to number one! Video content linked to youtube will really improve your chances of getting to number 1.

I really can't see how you derive that conclusion!

Thanks for all the help so far.
    Havent been no 1 for a while now.Any seo guys willing to have a look,Id appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I use this program you may find helpful , theres a free trial http://www.webposition.com/

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement