Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general IQ of FIFA'09 players - not so high

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Played a lad last night...

I was Schalke. He was using a custom Atletico Madrid, he went 1-0 down, I'm clean through for a second, he takes me down with a completely callous tackle from behind, and quits.

He was a twat for using a custom team, a twat for taking out the last man, and a twat for quitting when he was losing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I was playing a Be a Pro match the other day. It was 10 on 10 and in the locker room the captain of my team was a complete asshole. I said if anyone took the strikers he would kick them because he wanted to be them and that we should just pass the ball to him and he'll score. He was just being an arrogant prick. Anyway during the match I was making a run and I got by a few defenders. I took a shot from outside the box which went just wide. Next thing I know I was kicked from the match and this idiot sends me a message saying he could have scored that and that I couldnt play for sh*t.

I never usually have problemns with the BAP matches and they're usually alot of fun. What posseses people to be so stupid while playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I agree completely with this. I f*cking hate when somebody quits when you are ahead. I never knew what DNF was, and always wondered why mine never went up in percentage... My connection has been a bit bogey at times, but ive never once quit a match. What pisses me off more is when they quit, and you get the loss for it - thats happened to me once or twice, which i didnt understand??

I'm always Spurs, every game i play. On Tuesday, i decided to be Utd against a guy who was Inter, and had a great game 2-2 until the 80th minute, where i scored. Then, i got taken down as i was through on goal, and had a free kick which i hit the post with and scored the rebound - he quit. It really pissed me off, coz it was such an intense and fun game to play until that moment when he quit.

Grrr people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Played a game last night with some Canadian guy. Couldn't have been older than 16. It was United against City (I was City).

Talking on the headset and all was going well, nice guy. He took a 1-0 lead in the 20th minute and was generally all over me for the first half. Second half I get 4 goals in quick succession, leading 4-1 up by the 70th minute. Only two of which were clear goals, the other 2 were just a combination of luck and timing. Guy went silent after the third goal. Disconnected himself immediately after the fourth.

****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Played a lad last night...

I was Schalke. He was using a custom Atletico Madrid, he went 1-0 down, I'm clean through for a second, he takes me down with a completely callous tackle from behind, and quits.

He was a twat for using a custom team, a twat for taking out the last man, and a twat for quitting when he was losing.
    What a twat!

Playing some arrogant garlic-scented French prick the other night, I was beating the **** with Cork-****ing-City, him being god damn Atalanta (sp?) and 2 minutes from the end - guess what?! No need for an answer, anyway, asked him without being naughty why the **** he was being such a twat!? He replyed by calling me a "cheating faggòt". Well gee Master of Maturity, were did you pull that one from!

Humiliated much???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I dont see a problem with this..if you know what he's going to do its easy to counteract it.

My biggest peeve, (excluding quitting), is people using custom teams. A spasticated donkey could win a game with Messi, Ronaldo, Torres, etc. You may have a great record, but your playing ability is zero. Nothing. (as Scolari might say!)
    Custom teams?? Where are these? I play fifa alot, but only do quick ranked games, and have a pretty incredible record if I must say so myself :p Over 500 games, 78% WP, and I RARELY use united or barca.

I hate people playing as man u and putting ronaldo up front and just doing everything through him, especially when he has like 93 overall.

Also is there a way to check your best win streak like in PES? As I had one there a while back with like 27 wins. Then some freak beat me like 8-0 with some foreign team ive never seen before. LOL

Advertisement