Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian angel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I nearly drowned in a swimming pool when I was a young'n, did an angel save me?
    No.
    My sister did, and she is far from any angel, let me tell you!:pac:
    OP (I believe) you have only your on strength to get you through this world, friends and family can help but in the end it is you. You should take pride in yourself that you do things because you have the strength to do them, not give credit to some angel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Pamela111 wrote: »
    Yes we all have at least one guardian angel.

Here is a prayer to invoke your guardian angel:

Angle of God, My Guardian Dear, To Whom God's Love Commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to love and to guide.

Invoking Saint Michael the archangel is also very powerful:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
    by the Divine Power of God -
    cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
    who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

:):):)

Neither of those worked for me.
    Did anyone else try?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jocmilt

"....protect us from the snares of the devil...."

But if you are part of the Devils army surely this prayer would not protect you even if you are deluded enough to believe 'God is on your side'.

For instance US and UK soldiers in Iraq or Russians in Chechnya who are fighting the Mujahideen (Soldiers of God) should be praying that the 'snares of the devil' work for them. Geddit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

jocmilt wrote: »
    "....protect us from the snares of the devil...."

But if you are part of the Devils army surely this prayer would not protect you even if you are deluded enough to believe 'God is on your side'.

For instance US and UK soldiers in Iraq or Russians in Chechnya who are fighting the Mujahideen (Soldiers of God) should be praying that the 'snares of the devil' work for them. Geddit?

All i wanted to see was an Angel or a Saint and have a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

The first is that I have had a couple of near death experiences in the last few weeks (at least 3), most recently I was in hospital with a clot in my lung, and I just feel very fortunate and that I have someone who watches over me. Also the other week with the ice my car skidded completely into the lane of oncomming traffic and something spared me from being hit by an oncomming car.

I think you have to ask yourself this question: how could your darling "Guardian Angel" let you get so close to death in the first place? Why did it allow you to get a blood clot?

Congrats on the recovery by the way, I think you should be thanking your doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Belief in the devine is much stronger than any *facts*

Your belief is your own
    Those with relevant questions will have them answered with believed or precieved answers.
    Those who troll with learn nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I am not trolling, I just asked why a guardian angel would allow somebody to get so close to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Some people believe that there are things we have to experience to teach us important lessons. Is that a good enough answer for your question Overblood?

Advertisement