Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Steady Zeddy

I don't quite see that, since there is no mention of "1.9 on logbook" or photos of the engine bay?

The fact theres no pictures of the actual diesel engine is one of the reasons I think its a genuine S6. If he took photos of an S6 engine bay and then advertised it as Tdiddlyi - would that not be implicating himself?

Perhaps I just think its nuts to go to the trouble of replacing an S6 (or M3) engine with a bottom of the range diesel engine. Seems more likely to just be a straightforward fiddle for roadtax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The fact theres no pictures of the actual diesel engine is one of the reasons I think its a genuine S6. If he took photos of an S6 engine bay and then advertised it as Tdiddlyi - would that not be implicating himself?

Perhaps I just think its nuts to go to the trouble of replacing an S6 (or M3) engine with a bottom of the range diesel engine. Seems more likely to just be a straightforward fiddle for roadtax.

Does make sense, but I have seen some crimes against cars in this country against nice cars involving diesel lumps...

Also, Tdiddlyi. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Surely it would have cost him a lot less to buy a 320cd? Unless he's planning on returning it to standard some day. Either way it's a waste.

That was my first thought; same as with the Audi. Sell M3, buy 320d, tart it up to look like an M3. Got to be cheaper overall than buying an engine to put into the M3 and destroying any value that it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

djimi wrote: »
    That was my first thought; same as with the Audi. Sell M3, buy 320d, tart it up to look like an M3. Got to be cheaper overall than buying an engine to put into the M3 and destroying any value that it has.

Unfortunately he didn't do that as it still has the brakes, vents, and exhausts the m3 has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Does nobody see this Audi for what it really is?

To me its clearly a genuine S6 (with S6 engine & running gear) with a RF111 form signed to claim a switch to a 1.9 diesel (for road tax purposes).
    Can't see how that would possibly work. When it came to NCT time the thing would be tested on emmissions based on diesel figures - no way they're going to match the exhaust fumes from an S6 engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I thought diesels weren't measured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CianRyan wrote: »
    I thought diesels weren't measured?

Shmoooooke test

I'm infuriated at an S6 ending up like that :mad: I'm old enough to remember the horrors of 4.6 Range Rovers or Merc S classes mutilated with Nissan diesels. Some even had Transit engines..... Just soul crushing to hear :(

Thankfully, not old enough to know the horrors of BMC 1.5 converted Zephyrs and Zodiacs :eek:

dgt wrote: »
    Shmoooooke test

I'm infuriated at an S6 ending up like that :mad: I'm old enough to remember the horrors of 4.6 Range Rovers or Merc S classes mutilated with Nissan diesels. Some even had Transit engines..... Just soul crushing to hear :(

Thankfully, not old enough to know the horrors of BMC 1.5 converted Zephyrs and Zodiacs :eek:
    Ireland, where classic cars come to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does nobody see this Audi for what it really is?

To me its clearly a genuine S6 (with S6 engine & running gear) with a RF111 form signed to claim a switch to a 1.9 diesel (for road tax purposes).

Isn't that a manual gear shifter in the pics though?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-s6-1-9-tdi-new-nct-and-tax/5892960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »

I think some S6's were mauals....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Shmoooooke test

Thankfully, not old enough to know the horrors of BMC 1.5 converted Zepyrs and Zodiacs :eek:

Something tells me you wouldn't say no to a UD-12, seems to be right up your street. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Steady Zeddy

Twas the RS6 only came with the auto/tip box. The S6 had a manual 6 speed or option of an auto/tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-vento/5811896

I have never read so much ****e in an ad before.
    this car has bean in guarge from 2000,everything restored,all new parts NWW BREAKS ROUTERS,BREAK DISKS,NEW BREAK SHOUS DRUMS,TRACKROD ENDS NEW BALL JOINTS NEW LOWERED SPRINGS,STILL HAVE THE OLD ONES,NEW SHOCKS AND MANY MORE,INSIDE DONE BLUE AND RED LETHER,ALL BODY REDUNE AND A BEAUTIFUL NEW SPRYJOB,I JUST HAVE TO FINISH HER OFF,WITH T BELT ECT ,REALY A GOODLOOKING SWEET CAR AND HAVE CLASSIC INSURANCE,SO NO SILLY BIDES NO SWOPES,A LOT OF MONEY SPENT AND ALL GOOD WORK.NO SILLY BIDE PLEASE.will put up more photos showing all the work OLD BROWN LOG BOOK spray job with paint 1300 alone,this will drive like a new car,this is my daughters car and new house forces the sale. smoked back lights ,and no vw badge on the back,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i'd be inclined to believe that vento advert, even if the owner is illiterate. young lads do have a tenancy to spunk much more than a cars worth at it.

if you look closely at the vento the front bumper doesn't even have any holes in it from a number plate ever being fitted so maybe i would believe that the car was sprayed, this is backed up with the blue stripped interior photos. it does also have a full leather interior (even if it is horrific looking).

unfortunately for this fella its still a 20 year old skangered out diesel vento and worth €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Kaiser D wrote: »

Ah the owl pet probably needs a few typing lessons is all.

Either that or he has no fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

The last sentence makes me imagine an Amityville type house forcing him to sell. :)

At least the house has sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I'm old enough to remember the horrors of 4.6 Range Rovers or Merc S classes mutilated with Nissan diesels. Some even had Transit engines..... Just soul crushing to hear :(...

Aye, Nissans, Isuzus, etc. Blame Shaken, the Japanese NCT, which is done with electron microscopes and costs something like €1,000 a year. I remember warehouse-fulls of the bloody things appearing here in the '80s. :D

It is strange how the text appears to have been written by two people who apparently where using the same keyboard at the same time and the saner one won in the end, because the text almost turns coherent.
    Maybe his daughter wrote the first bit, it would explain a lot, (if she's 3 and has no arms)

edit:
    Maybe the dog wrote it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

And that kids is why school is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

NWW BREAKS ROUTERS,BREAK DISKS,NEW BREAK SHOUS DRUMS,TRACKROD ENDS NEW BALL JOINTS NEW LOWERED SPRINGS,STILL HAVE THE OLD ONES,NEW SHOCKS AND MANY MORE,INSIDE DONE BLUE AND RED LETHER,ALL BODY REDUNE AND A BEAUTIFUL NEW SPRYJOB,I JUST HAVE TO FINISH HER OFF,WITH T BELT ECT ,REALY A GOODLOOKING SWEET CAR AND HAVE CLASSIC INSURANCE,SO NO SILLY BIDES NO SWOPES,A LOT OF MONEY SPENT AND ALL GOOD WORK.NO SILLY BIDE PLEASE

- Sorry I don't care what he's selling, I wouldn't do business with someone who writes like this!

• Advertisement

278427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They've been up a while!

Wonder are these bargains gone? Surely you have to keep renewing (paying) for the ad to leave it up there?

I think carzone changed their policy on that a while back, think its there till it sells now.

This whole garage (ex Barry Pender) could win the title of dreamers; http://kilkennycarcomplex.ie/

05 C4 diesel with 155kms for 6,250 this is LOL territory. Sold an S40 with way higher spec and lower miles for 5k 18 months ago! Or an 04 X5 (nearly ten years old FFS) for 10, 450. Crazy stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

"HAS NOT BEAN TAXED IN 14 YEARS"

Bloody hell. I thought I was bad ass leaving my motor tax slip a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

"HAS NOT BEAN TAXED IN 14 YEARS"

Bloody hell. I thought I was bad ass leaving my motor tax slip a few months...
    Yeah but if it's been parked up in a barn for the past 14 years as the seller says, then they wouldn't of been liable to pay any tax.

Leaving motortax slip for a few months while still driving it in public places is a different ball game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Yeah but if it's been parked up in a barn for the past 14 years as the seller says, then they wouldn't of been liable to pay any tax.

Leaving motortax slip for a few months while still driving it in public places is a different ball game. :)

Well ok, so was mine "parked up in a barn" when it wasn't taxed;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Well ok, so was mine "parked up in a barn" when it wasn't taxed;)
    Why would you be "bad ass" then?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement