Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

big money on the Figaro but they do have a cult following and tend to hold value pretty good - id say to do with the quirky styling, limited amount of them and the old Micra reliability they have.

Check out what clean UK examples are fetching

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Sobanek wrote: »
    I always wondered what people saw in these :pac:

Is the quirky look. Not exactly my cup of tea but I can see why someone would choose to drive one over a bog standard Micra or Fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

00833827 wrote: »
    big money on the Figaro but they do have a cult following and tend to hold value pretty good - id say to do with the quirky styling, limited amount of them and the old Micra reliability they have.

Check out what clean UK examples are fetching
    I know they probably have a cult following but that example doesn't look that clean Imo. It has a bit of rust around the bodywork and the interior looks a bit worn. It also has no test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Figaro's still fetch big money to but at auction in Japan so I wouldn't be surprised at the high prices here. There doesnt seem to be any lack of them there either but for the same money you could get a more fun KEI car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

massy086 wrote: »

I am pretty sure it is mistake.1999 euro maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

wonski wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it is mistake.1999 euro maybe?

i would say they are probably serious.

sure it pulls like a train and is serviced every 4k :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Volkswagen-Golf-1-9-GT-TDi-150-bhp-3-Door-/321230344706

An there's one for £1995.

Such space cadets in this country xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

You wouldn't mind so much if it was the diesel model as they get a premium but the petrol model asking that much is insane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That car is almost twice overpriced. 5-6k surely would be ballpark for one of theose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

road_high wrote: »
    That car is almost twice overpriced. 5-6k surely would be ballpark for one of theose.

For a 318? Try 2-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

CianRyan wrote: »
    For a 318? Try 2-3.

for a 06? not a chance 2-3k

Sometimes people on here dream about prices in the opposite direction tbf

for a 06? not a chance 2-3k

Sometimes people on here dream about prices in the opposite direction tbf

I was low balling but there's no way you'd get 5-6 for it, maybe for a 320d at a push.
    06 or not, it won't get that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Talking nonsense imo, Any links to these 05 0r 06 318s going for as cheap as you are guessing?

I was looking at 3 around 2-3 months ago and one was priced at 7500 and sold within 1 week of it being in the showroom. 45k and a 05

the other 2 were priced over 6k as well and have both been sold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

CianRyan wrote: »
    I was low balling but there's no way you'd get 5-6 for it, maybe for a 320d at a push.
    06 or not, it won't get that much.
    I wish you were a car salesman. We would all be coming home with bargains.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

€3800 for a 12 year old, 130000 mile and I quote
    audi s6 (not replica)
    , powered by the legendary 1.9TDi lump. So secret a model that not even Audi know about it. Bloody muppet.

There's something odd going on here, motorcheck and cartell have it registered as an S6, it looks like an s6, but motortax.ie have it as a 1.9.

Engine transplant for chape tax or something else? Clone?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-s6-1-9-tdi-new-nct-and-tax/5892960

View2-24247942.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

€3800 for a 12 year old, 130000 mile and I quote , powered by the legendary 1.9TDi lump. So secret a model that not even Audi know about it. Bloody muppet.

There's something odd going on here, motorcheck and cartell have it registered as an S6, it looks like an s6, but motortax.ie have it as a 1.9.

View2-24247942.jpeg

has S6 petrol gauges in it, something not right here, id say an engine swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

So, let me get this straight.....

Someone turned a genuine S6 into a 1.9TDi........

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

• Advertisement

It probably the worst thing I've ever heard.

This ****ty little country... Some times I just don't know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

€3800 for a 12 year old, 130000 mile and I quote , powered by the legendary 1.9TDi lump. So secret a model that not even Audi know about it. Bloody muppet.

View2-24247942.jpeg
    I think I viewed this car when it was a S6, what a sad way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Is that even possible?

4.2 to 1.9?

Petrol to diesel?

Cost the price of a house in Leitrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Is that even possible?

4.2 to 1.9?

Petrol to diesel?

Cost the price of a house in Leitrim?

Its very possible but as to how much was done , if the 1.9 came out of a non quattro car then chances are the gearbox and transfer case wouldnt have been kept here so it could very well just be a fwd a6 tdi now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Its very possible but as to how much was done , if the 1.9 came out of a non quattro car then chances are the gearbox and transfer case wouldnt have been kept here so it could very well just be a fwd a6 tdi now

It's tragic, there should be a 10 year prison term for that kind of butchery. And I know the lads in the classic car forum get very pissy about that sort of criticism. Well, you will only hear a yelp if the kick was on target.
    In Ennis there is a guy who has a Jaguar XJS with a Nissan Diesel engine and a 1970's Mercedes 450 SEL with a unit from a 240D. He says "Ah jays, 'tis grate, she'll be suckin' daesel, ah, be the finesht, har har!"
    vomit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

There's a "Mechanic" in CIT that drives an "M3" Diesel. When the M3 became too much for him to run, he decided to do an engine swap and put a 2.0 diesel in it instead of just selling it and buying a normal diesel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...In Ennis there is a guy who has a Jaguar XJS with a Nissan Diesel engine...

GAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

There's a "Mechanic" in CIT that drives an "M3" Diesel. When the M3 became too much for him to run, he decided to do an engine swap and put a 2.0 diesel in it instead of just selling it and buying a normal diesel :(

Surely it would have cost him a lot less to buy a 320cd? Unless he's planning on returning it to standard some day. Either way it's a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Steady Zeddy

Does nobody see this Audi for what it really is?

To me its clearly a genuine S6 (with S6 engine & running gear) with a RF111 form signed to claim a switch to a 1.9 diesel (for road tax purposes).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Does nobody see this Audi for what it really is?

To me its clearly a genuine S6 (with S6 engine & running gear) with a RF111 form signed to claim a switch to a 1.9 diesel (for road tax purposes).

I don't quite see that, since there is no mention of "1.9 on logbook" or photos of the engine bay?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement