Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly/Annoying Injuries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

a lad i play soccer with broke his hole (or the bone at the top of it!) playing indoor soccer a few months ago, i sh*t you not! (no pun intended!)

he got some abuse over it, poor lad couldnt walk properly for weeks.

LOL.

I hate when you fall on your tail bone. Is it just me or do others feel like vomiting immediately after it? It be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Degsy wrote: »
    nO,breacking your cocyx would be a pain in the arse,
    Breaking your spine would paralyse you from the point of the break down.

Not true dude; a good friend of mine fell of a balcony on to steps and cracked/broke several vertebrae, he's working as a fully functional carpenter at the mo - & he's the second person I know - another mate managed to crush a vertebrae or two & he's fine as well..

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Oh actally I broke my toe by smacking it off a fireplace. Not fun, and you hop around like an eejit holding onto your foot or else (like me) you stand on the sore foot with the other foot.

ohhh that reminds me of a REALLY unpleasant one..

I had a broken leg from a motorcycle - unpleasant, but not the injury in question!

I was on crutches, with one single leg to stand on; hopped in to the bathroom with my crutches - all my weight on one leg & hopped on to a discarded THUMB TACK.

I had to stand there crowing unhappily for help until someone came along and helped extract it from my poor auld foot :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

jim o doom wrote: »
    Not true dude; a good friend of mine fell of a balcony on to steps and cracked/broke several vertebrae, he's working as a fully functional carpenter at the mo - & he's the second person I know - another mate managed to crush a vertebrae or two & he's fine as well..

Yup I have a stable fracture in my neck, will never heal, but technically i have a broken spine/neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

ohhh that reminds me of a REALLY unpleasant one..

I had a broken leg from a motorcycle - unpleasant, but not the injury in question!

I was on crutches, with one single leg to stand on; hopped in to the bathroom with my crutches - all my weight on one leg & hopped on to a discarded THUMB TACK.

I had to stand there crowing unhappily for help until someone came along and helped extract it from my poor auld foot :(

Gah! Got the shivers reading that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Eh the worst annoying injury I ever had was tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis :cool:).
    I went out 1 night ended up in the local Nightclub and got absolutely smashed as you do. Anyway's I woke up the next morning covered in sand (club is by the beach, goldstar to the 1st person who can guess where I'm on about)
    and my arm was in absolute agony without any recollection of what happened. It took over a month of rehab (possibly the worst pain ever, stripping out forearm & wrist extensor's is agony) and rest before I could go back to weight and MA training. Was back a week and went out again, ended up in the local club, got smashed, woke up the next morning with the exact same problem and no recollection! I'd love to know wtf I was doing as none of my mates or my gf at the time can tell me!! Fun and games

Jesus I just remembered another couple. I have been accident prone (read a clusmy moron) for yeaaaaars;

when younger I had a home made catapult & quite a powerful one at that (I was quite the little engineer - even made a good bow and arrow set once!)..
    I also had a nice set of darts and a dart board..
    In my mind I thought to myself "What's stopping me from using this here catapult to fire the darts like an smaller impromptu bow and arrow?.. why nothing!"

So I did - and the first 2 shots were successful, embedded the dart entirely (as long as the metal point) into the dart board - which I was super happy about - so I went for lucky(or perhaps not so lucky) shot number 3..

The dart launched directly into my left hand which was holding the catapult, into the bone, just under where the thumb joins your hand.. It took 20 minutes to extract the stuck in damn thing, I never told anyone about it until adulthood & at the time was unable to even wiggle my thumb without pain for about 5 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ginny wrote: »
    Yup I have a stable fracture in my neck, will never heal, but technically i have a broken spine/neck.

No kinky stuff in the bedroom for you so :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

JohnCleary wrote: »
    No kinky stuff in the bedroom for you so :p

Meh, did kickboxing for a good few years afterwards, think the only damage I will have is arthritis a bit earlier.
    Although a swift knock to the right spot would not be good.

I wish I didn't have so many of these;

In a pub, 17/18 drunk hopping up and down on a seat in Slatterys on capel st upstairs (this is about 10 or 11 years ago when it was more dive like) - moved an inch or three to the side and got a stiff metal support bar between the cheeks - hurt my cocycx (pretty sure I spelt that wrong) - again never told anyone and just let it heal on its own; but it hurt like a B'TARD every time I coughed & especially if I sneezed for a few months :(

Another classic - age about 14, using a large dagger (yes my parents foolishly trusted me with these things) to tune in an old telly with twisty tuner bits to play an old NES or something that I had dug out..(in my bedroom at the time).

Tuning was a success, so I threw the knife onto my bed (like a total retard), then forgot about it seconds later (like a goldfish) and jumped on my bed.. got a hunting knife in the side of the thigh which caused stitches to be had that night (only a few) and a limp for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I cut myself with a spoon once while trying to scoop out a kiwi. That's was more retarded than silly though.

and just to bunch the last few I can think of currently in to a short one;

Been hit by a car twice! once on a bicycle, went partially through a windscreen - only broke a tooth and got a few bruises, then as an adult (defo this one was the other feckers fault) - had a car drive into me side on, driving a motorbike = no walkies for over six whole months and a big chunk of metal in the MIDDLE of my tibia..

also got kicked one or two centimetres above my left eye by a horse we owned when I was little - required stitches, if it had been lower I'd have been blinded in one eye! haha - still going strong to this day thank god!

If i remember any more of my stupidity I shall post again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Never managed to break anything though. Unlike the younger sister who had 5 breaks in 18 months.

Them bones, Them bones, need calcium!

Ginny wrote: »
    Meh, did kickboxing for a good few years afterwards, think the only damage I will have is arthritis a bit earlier.
    Although a swift knock to the right spot would not be good.

Pretty much the same myself, played rugger before the oul spinal crack, but still swim - swimming is legend for those kinda injuries

We can be arthritis buddies when we hit 40 :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

When I was about 10 i was ripping off bits of that brown packaging tape with my teeth and if anyone knows that stuff it doesn't come off easy.. Well anyway I ripped a bit off but it fell and stuck to my lower lip and to my tongue(no idea how that happened!) but that was really painful and there was lots of blood... seeing as it ripped the top layer of my tongue and lip off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

and just to bunch the last few I can think of currently in to a short one;

Been hit by a car twice! once on a bicycle, went partially through a windscreen - only broke a tooth and got a few bruises, then as an adult (defo this one was the other feckers fault) - had a car drive into me side on, driving a motorbike = no walkies for over six whole months and a big chunk of metal in the MIDDLE of my tibia..

also got kicked one or two centimetres above my left eye by a horse we owned when I was little - required stitches, if it had been lower I'd have been blinded in one eye! haha - still going strong to this day thank god!

If i remember any more of my stupidity I shall post again :p

Jesus.....you have an apt username, i'll say that much! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I've a blood blister under my fingernail from palying bass a little too enthusiasticly recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ingrown toe nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

One Morning i was late for school and i was rushing to get my shoes,so i ran into the bedroom but stepped on the end of my trousers and they ripped up to the knee...So as my shoes wernt in the bedroom i went to the hall,but on my way down my foot got caught in the tangle of my trousers,slipped,and banged of the ground with excruciating pain....I had to walk to school with a limp,my trousers ripped to my knee and i was late...My toe was bruised for 2 weeks after!

Fizman wrote: »
    Jesus.....you have an apt username, i'll say that much! :pac:

Can't argue with that - sure my old man even drove slowly (& accidentally) over my flip flop (or for the aussies thong) wearing foot in a Mitsubishi Galant when I was about 10 - nothing worse injury wise; than a red foot and me screetching my head off enthusiastically for a bit though!

I think I just realised that all these accidents are where my relatively high tolerance for pain come from :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Myself and two friends were on the way home after a night out, and we naturally had a few drinks on us, and the friends were arguing about something, and I was too locked to care.

So I got distracted and started to climb a lampost, and I fell on my arse, and had awful back pains for about two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lactic acid build-up from masturbation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Spine != spinal chord my friend

If you broke it, you'd think you'd know how to spell it ;)

Oh I got one -- when I was six, my mam was bringing me to swimming lessons but couldn't get parked, so she let myself and my sister off at the entrance to the pool. I got out of the car and - I couldn't explain this then and I still can't - I somehow managed to stumble so that my heel was right in front of the back wheel of the car. Mam didn't notice and started to drive off, crushing my foot in such a way that my toes were parallel to the front of my leg!! I screamed, so in a panic she reversed back off me, jumped out of the car, but forgot to pull up the handbrake so the car ran over my foot again. Which is when I passed out ... Lots of surgery, years of physio, it actually looks normal now but I still have a bit of a limp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I had a few silly ones over the years but nothing too major.about 6 years ago after watching bike trials on t.v I decided I was the next dougie Lampkin.I dragged myself and my bicycle on top of a bale and made a half hearted attempt to jump off.My coccyx got acquainted with the cross-bar of my bike.

Around the same time I was show-jumping on a horse I didn't know to well.The second last jump came around and the horse decided he wanted to stop beforehand while I kept moving.I managed to crack three wooden poles with my lower back.I needed quite strong painkillers for a month after that and my back was black{kidney trauma I think}

A few years after this I was cycling down a hill on my bike.The front tire caught a rut,I went over the handlebars and slid along the ground on my chin for a while.I have a few nice scars from that:rolleyes:

Around the same time as that i was sitting down while spinning a fillet knife in my hand by the handle.I got distracted for some reason and it touched my upper lip.I couldn't feel anything but drops of blood were dripping onto my tshirt.That left a small half-inch scar on my upper lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Banging the funnybone.

Did ye bang the other one for luck?:D
    Try it the next time...while you're busy bangin the other one the pain wont be as bad in the first!Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Was acting the fool with my mates when i was about 16, one of them tripped me and i landed on my face.

Got up dusted myself off and they're all looking at me with horrified expressions...
    I had a 6 inch nail sticking out of my forehead.....with the sharp end sticking out...dont know how that was even possible. :(

Didn't go in too far though and didnt have any long term ill effects

* twitch *

aoibhebree wrote: »
    If you broke it, you'd think you'd know how to spell it ;)

Um, SPINE, SPINE SPINE

What in the name of holy grail is wrong with that spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Um, SPINE, SPINE SPINE

What in the name of holy grail is wrong with that spelling?

it's cord... not chord....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was on crutches because I'd broken my foot. I decided to make toast. The toaster was in our utility room, the chairs and table were in the kitchen. Trying to carry the hot toast in my hand wasn't an option, so where did I put it? Yup, under my chin, and carried it between my chin and chest.

I burned myself, it hurt for days, and I felt like a total fool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Bare Foot..... Upturned Plug

serious pain!!

Advertisement