Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter IV 360/PS3 €36.49 Delivered @play.com

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just been reading back through this thread.

Are you guys aware that thehut.com, sendit and asda are all serviced with orders packed and dispatched by the same company ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It would be very interesting for someone who works in An Post to explain the process for international mail handling.

Anytime I order off amazon An Post deliver within 5 days so I wouldn't blame them.

Anyone not willing to wait you can get the game for €40 in Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just been reading back through this thread.

Are you guys aware that thehut.com, sendit and asda are all serviced with orders packed and dispatched by the same company ????

Tesco as well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just on the play issue.
    I ordered SF and the sega megadrive collection on friday from Play
    The sega game arrived today which aint bad at all.
    Just wondering why SF didn't arrive??....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Was the US stuff also delivered by An Post ?

It would be very interesting for someone who works in An Post to explain the process for international mail handling.

Funnily enough most orders we dispatch to the UK are delivered in 2-3 days through the reverse combination of An Post to the Royal Mail.

yip, the US stuff arrived via an post. I agree about sending from ireland to the uk, ive sent stuff i sold on ebay to the uk and it took 3 days tops for the buyer to recieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Can't argue with the economic times beig bad. :( PC version won't be out until late June as far as I know so you should get plenty of use out of it !

You guys are still one of the cheapest places for black PS3 DualShock controllers iirc - and are excellent for delivery times.

/ 'buying abroad' guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ah that answers my question from this thread then, knew there was something fishy going on.

In hindsight i would rather have paid the extra 6 or 7 quid and got it in Xtra Vision on release day, didnt realise it was going to be so cheap there.

Nice saving to be made on Killzone 2 though so i dont mind waiting a few extra days to save 20 quid on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So how many of you are regretting not paying the extra €4 to get it on release date :cool:

Obviously if I knew it would be €40 in stores I wouldn't have ordered

The game arrived this morning, it was sent from Malmo, Sweden :D

• Advertisement

philbee wrote: »
    yip, the US stuff arrived via an post. I agree about sending from ireland to the uk, ive sent stuff i sold on ebay to the uk and it took 3 days tops for the buyer to recieve.

Well if your American stuff arrived via An Post a lot quicker than your UK package would that not point to the delay being within the Royal Mail and not the fault of An Post ? :)

Fnz wrote: »
    You guys are still one of the cheapest places for black PS3 DualShock controllers iirc - and are excellent for delivery times.

/ 'buying abroad' guilt.

make that "buying abroad, tax dodging, unpatriotic, job costing guilt" shame on you ! :p:D

/me in a flash of blinding hypocrisy empties the car for trip to Newry ;)

All seriousness though can't blame anyone for looking after no.1 in an economy like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ShaneU wrote: »
    The game arrived this morning, it was sent from Malmo, Sweden :D

from play.com???

Please God I get mine today

Trilla wrote: »
    from play.com???

Please God I get mine today

Yeah afaik play.com sometimes ship in bulk to Sweden and Hungary and then dispatch from there. Don't ask me why :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mine just arrived this second, late post ftw, also from Malmo Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

went for the sega megadrive ultimate collection myseof, €26.50 from asda

mdwexford wrote: »
    Mine just arrived this second, late post ftw, also from Malmo Sweden.

I'll be bulling if mine doesnt arrive today now - I'm in the heart of Dublin here!!

Well if your American stuff arrived via An Post a lot quicker than your UK package would that not point to the delay being within the Royal Mail and not the fault of An Post ? :)

not at all, ive tracked and traced the packages with royal mail because they have left the 1950's and allow me to do it, and it leaves the uk that day if not the next morning and once it arrives in no postcode land, ie.here, it's in the hands of the an post gods im afraid.:(

But you said that orders from the USA get here quicker and also come through An Post. I don't think there are seperate clearance procedures for the two countries so I would have thought that implied a delay from the Royal Mail ? :confused:

just telling it exactly as it is.

• Advertisement

still no sign :(

Didnt come again today, Ive given up I'm gonna buy it in a shop/store.
    Wheres the cheapest to buy in Dublin?

€40 in game/ xtravison

€40 in game/ xtravison

Bought it yesterday, and the Play.com copy came today. Getting some stick in work for it, but my nephew is gettin it as a bday pressy in two weeks so not so bad! Can't piss at an angle in here and they're on top of ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Ordered mine from theHut and it still hadn't arrived up till yesterday. Could be there today but won't know till later. Lesson learned. I'll buy off Gamesnash in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

€40 in game/ xtravison

Will have a look in Xtravision later - still take trade in's still hopefully?? What would I get for Madden 09 anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Gonna get one of these Awesome old game revamped

Cheers

Batesy wrote: »
    Ordered mine from theHut and it still hadn't arrived up till yesterday. Could be there today but won't know till later. Lesson learned. I'll buy off Gamesnash in future!

Candidate for post of the year ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just got delivery of mine this morning from Asda

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Mine arrived from Sendit this morning.

Advertisement