Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter IV 360/PS3 €36.49 Delivered @play.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

£28.91 (€32.28) from Asda.com. Similar price from sendit.com. Both with free delivery and allow you to pay in sterling.

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/elysium.search?search=street+fighter+iv

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/elysium.search?search=street+fighter+iv

Play.com seem to take a while to deliver new releases to Ireland. I received Left 4 Dead a week after its release date. Another boardsie was waiting 3 weeks for GTA 4. To be fair though, I don't know if Asda or Sendit would be any quicker.

Oh, and gamesnash.ie have it for €42. Irish site, and you are likely to receive the game on its release date.

http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=street+fighter+4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

TheHut.com is also cheaper. I got it for €33. A steal for what will be game of the year IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Batesy wrote: »
    TheHut.com is also cheaper. I got it for €33. A steal for what will be game of the year IMO.

do they give free delivery to irish customers(in ireland!) or is that extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cojomo2 wrote: »
    do they give free delivery to irish customers(in ireland!) or is that extra?
    Its 99p extra for delivery to here but I assume the price of €33 that was mentioned probably included this.

Edit: Here is a link to a post I made about the different P & P charges. I havent checked it for a while but I believe its up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

says instock, reckon theyll ship now ?
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176342

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Placebo wrote: »
    says instock, reckon theyll ship now ?
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176342
    It's Play.com.. so not likely!

Ahhhhhhhhhh I ordered mine on Wednesday last!

I want it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Any good combo deals with an arcade stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I got it on release date for €40 in Xtra Vision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

you should have ordered it from Sendit last Thursday they were giving 10% off bringing the price to £26.90 or roughly €30.62 delivered, mine dispatched today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trilla wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhh I ordered mine on Wednesday last!

I want it now!!

Mine shipped on Wednesday and it's still not here, it shouldn't take 5 working days to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 xavigar

Mine shipped from Play last Wednesday too and I still have not received it... :(

Has anyone received their copy from Play yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Ordered mine on thursday morning at gamesnash and had it on friday morning:)

xavigar wrote: »
    Mine shipped from Play last Wednesday too and I still have not received it... :(

Nope, how the hell does it take a week to get here from the U.K.?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nope, how the hell does it take a week to get here from the U.K.?
    It's actually from Jersey! ;)

And unless you order from Amazon (3 - 4 days.. absolutely excellent).. the waiting time of most online shops is a week to 10 days.

Unless it's CDWOW or iBOOD.. then it's anyone's guess.

xavigar wrote: »

In the exact same boat! I'd nearly go buy it and give the second copy as a present.

sonic boom!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

still waiting on my copy from sendit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Also still waiting from Asda, ordered last Tuesday, im thinking the same as you Trilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Ordered from Sendit yesterday, based on above I guess I'll be waiting 10 days'ish :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Played my mate's copy, it's awesome :D TIGER UPPERCUT!!! HADUKEN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Still waiting for mine, ordered from the Hut.. pointless waste of good gaming time.. what is up with orders from the UK, they seem to get to the UK addresses fine then as soon as they hit the p*xy useless wasters in An Post it slows down....!!!!!

basquille wrote: »
    It's actually from Jersey! ;)

And unless you order from Amazon (3 - 4 days.. absolutely excellent).. the waiting time of most online shops is a week to 10 days.

Unless it's CDWOW or iBOOD.. then it's anyone's guess.

Funny because Play claims it's 3-5 days :rolleyes: You'd think the extra money they charge you in euro would go towards a decent postage, obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Don't want to rub it in at this late stage, but for the sake of a couple of Euro gamesnash would have had on your doorstep last Thursday - a day early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm also waiting to receive my order from Asda. It was dispatched on Wed 18th.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    You'd think the extra money they charge you in euro would go towards a decent postage, obviously not.

Oh, they don't 'charge' for postage, don't you know. ;)
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    Don't want to rub it in at this late stage, but for the sake of a couple of Euro gamesnash would have had on your doorstep last Thursday - a day early :D

Was 25% cheaper from Asda. In these trying economic times I didn't want to spend more on a game I intend to sell on once the PC version is released - no matter how much my 'heart' disagrees. :D

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Noffles wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine, ordered from the Hut.. pointless waste of good gaming time.. what is up with orders from the UK, they seem to get to the UK addresses fine then as soon as they hit the p*xy useless wasters in An Post it slows down....!!!!!

I'd have to disagree with that ! The majority of our orders arrive next day via An Post. Unless there is a mammoth delay in clearing international post into the domestic system then the delays being experienced are not their fault.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the system could clarify that ?

Fnz wrote: »

Was 25% cheaper from Asda. In these trying economic times I didn't want to spend more on a game I intend to sell on once the PC version is released - no matter how much my 'heart' disagrees. :D

Can't argue with the economic times beig bad. :( PC version won't be out until late June as far as I know so you should get plenty of use out of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

I'd have to disagree with that ! The majority of our orders arrive next day via An Post. Unless there is a mammoth delay in clearing international post into the domestic system then the delays being experienced are not their fault.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the system could clarify that ?
    Id have to agree with noffles on this, ive traced my post leaving the uk in one day and then i dont see it for a week. Also, ive gotten stuff from usa faster than i can get from the uk. It's really frustrating.

Was the US stuff also delivered by An Post ?

It would be very interesting for someone who works in An Post to explain the process for international mail handling.

Funnily enough most orders we dispatch to the UK are delivered in 2-3 days through the reverse combination of An Post to the Royal Mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Amazon deliveries are always on time for me ,I don't trust the likes of play when they say the stuff is shipped.
    They've probably got small staff numbers ,dealing with thousands of orders.

Advertisement